Starfield - Fallout fallout that isn't ES6

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
IGN USA Dropping clickbait, get the pitchforks!

IGN France gave a 9/10, IGN Brazil gave a 9.5/10, IGN Japan gave a 10/10, IGN Spain gave a 10/10

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Watched a few reviews from sources I usually agree with, and I’m excited. Looks like it’s not perfect, but the things I care about seems good, and the bad stuff seems mostly easy to overlook.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
My favorite game reviewer who loves BGS games said I was his favorite BGS game so that’s enough for me. Wild difference in scores from some of these outlets

Yeah some of those outlets are comparing story/choices and outcome of those choices to BG3. They are just complete morons. BG3's entire premise is directional story driven by choice throughout the game with combat and exploration. Starfield combines Ship Building, Base building, exploration, resource gathering, automation of resource creation ala Star Wars Galaxies, combat (Which is getting really good nods this time around) with main story being traditional, character interactions being traditional, and side questing rabbit holes which seem pretty good.

How some of these idiots expect Bethesda to load in massive choice altering world events in the gaming world with impact on the world itself with every other system/feature running in the game they made blows my mind. God damn there are some stupid fucks out there reviewing games.

And with Gamespot if they added more trannies it would have been a 9/10 no matter how shit of a game it was.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Gamespot review had a section where he was criticizing it because it didn't answer the deep mysteries of where humans fit in the universe.

• 8Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 8 users

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>

TL;DR:

+: Good main story for a Beth game, combat, graphics (general art direction, main NPCs, environment), generally well optimized, surprisingly good QA/not horribly buggy, audio
+/-: Competing priorities (combat, base-building, crafting, etc.) means that there's a lot to do but sometimes makes the game feel like it never knows what it wants to do best
-: Slow start, graphics (background NPCs), boring party characters, not particularly good voice acting, travel system

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
TL;DR:

+: Good main story for a Beth game, combat, graphics (general art direction, main NPCs, environment), generally well optimized, surprisingly good QA/not horribly buggy, audio
+/-: Competing priorities (combat, base-building, crafting, etc.) means that there's a lot to do but sometimes makes the game feel like it never knows what it wants to do best
-: Slow start, graphics (background NPCs), boring party characters, not particularly good voice acting, travel system
You're a chump if you waste your time with companions in these games. The Galaxy is mine and mine alone.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
not particularly good voice acting
what-shocked.gif

Did Bethesda only hire like 5 voice actors again?

Speaking of AI, Utnayan Utnayan ElevenLabs comin' for that minimum wage voice actor $$$.

• 4Worf
  • 1WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
what-shocked.gif

Did Bethesda only hire like 5 voice actors again?

Speaking of AI, Utnayan Utnayan ElevenLabs comin' for that minimum wage voice actor $$$.

"surprisingly good QA/not horribly buggy" (From another review up above)

Did you go do your research on what I had sent? For the first time since birth, Bethesda has come out with a fairly low bug count on a release. What did you think all this time? That QA finally learned to do their jobs? Get to studying what I sent over. You may want to invest in a subscription.

And just in case you forgot, this is exactly why when the Acti-Blizz deal finally closes, that entire unionized QA team, who couldn't do fuck all with D4, will be canned. (Which I have said for the last 4 months now - which ironically enough was the same time MS/BGS started leveraging enhanced AI for QA in this game.

Results are in. Blue hair cry babies - out the door with the bullshit.

Next up? Those developers who think the same way as that QA Team.

PS: They are already using AI for voice in games. Check out replica studios.

Man for a developer you sure are behind the times. You still coding in Basic? :p

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Randin

Trakanon Raider
You're a chump if you waste your time with companions in these games. The Galaxy is mine and mine alone.
This is correct. Hell, I consider one of the primary selling points of Bethesda games to be that they're RPGs where you are just responsible for your own character, and not having to manage a full party of hangers-on. No need to muddy that experience by dragging around companions.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Watching streams a little. Looks fun IMO. Though another game I am going go to crazy looting every little thing. But looks like tons of shit to explore and find.

Also looks like another game I am going to hate the inventory/weight management.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
This is correct. Hell, I consider one of the primary selling points of Bethesda games to be that they're RPGs where you are just responsible for your own character, and not having to manage a full party of hangers-on. No need to muddy that experience by dragging around companions.

I did enjoy the party characters in New Vegas, although that wasn't a Beth game in the strictest of terms. Otherwise though, yeah, I'd much rather solo any of these games.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Also looks like another game I am going to hate the inventory/weight management.
Will probably get about 10 hours in before

player.setav CarryWeight 20000

Coming out of Baldur's Gate 3 with its modest looting / inventory management setup I'm not up for juggling space dildos or whatever.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users