Starfield - Fallout fallout that isn't ES6

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Did the same and finishing MSQ fast then doing a completionist play through seems like the move. Having a blast 38 hrs in and trying to get through the main side stories now.
After about an hour in NG+, I changed things up a bit.

I reloaded my pre-end point save, and turned around instead of going forward. This lets you continue the game as your current character knowing everything up to that point, and you get some dialogue from you companions about turning around. Also, you can return at any point and walk forward to enter NG+. I didn't feel like I was gaining enough to leave the base game behind and start completely over, and it didn't let me redo my character so it didn't seem like I was gaining a lot. But, I don't think it matters either way. If I had an extra week of vacation, I'd probably just plow ahead with NG+, but I don't. So I'm just continuing the side quests in my base game with my gear to save a little time. I like how they did NG+ and I'll get to it eventually.

Doing the UC story now, and it's great. It just keeps going. I'm at least 35-40 hours into the game, and I can see this being easily 100+ hours of story content. I haven't shut myself in and played a video game like this in a couple years. It was fun, but vaca is over tomorrow and I have to go back to my normal schedule. It'll be my main game for a while, at least until I finish the main side stories.

My main complaint with the game is the star map, and maps in general. Navigating them is a bit of a pain, and I wish they'd just given me a list of places I've visited with my outposts, points of interest highlighted with an icon.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you guys want to get past all contraband checks, it's easy. When you get into the system and are approached by security simply bring up your map and teleport to some other defined location on the planet before they finish scanning. Drop your contraband on the ground. Go back in space and pass the security check and go back to the spot you dropped your contraband and pick it up.

Once you pass the security check you will not be rechecked in that system until you leave.
I created a quick outpost on Procyon, no contraband checks. Built a storage unit and throw all of my contraband in there for now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

On a side note, I had picked the trait where you have parents in the game and can visit them. They’ve given me some cool gifts, but i noticed their voices sounded super familiar. Pretty sure Tim Russ and Nana Visitor are voicing them, so basically your parents are Tuvok and Kira lol

• 1Worf

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I created a quick outpost on Procyon, no contraband checks. Built a storage unit and throw all of my contraband in there for now.
Contraband Tip:
The Den space station in the Wolf system in UC space, close to Jemison, has a Trade Authority rep that doesn't ask questions and no contraband scans to dock. That's where people seems to sell all of their contraband, and I had no issues selling the contraband from the Empty Nest there at all.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What I was using, The Den.

I do need to make an outpost though I think, resources are taking up so much space/weight. And while I can use the infinite storage chest in the lodge, that storage isn't connected to crafting/research stations(that are right next to it), which is a pita.

Maybe I just need a spaceship with ~2,000 storage or more.

• 1Solidarity

Cybsled

Ran across a shitty bug. So one of the modules you can put on your ship is an armory. Pretty cool thing that lets you display guns and suits. So I put the Grandma's Space Marine armor on one of the displays. Later on, I redid my ship a bit. I never deleted the Armory, I just had to move it in order to put a new module in. I also had to move a cargo container in order to attach an additional engine. The game is supposed to dump all the items into ship inventory, but instead it deleted the armor apparently. It isn't in the storage, although all the other guns are as far as I can tell. Not sure if it was just the armory moving, or the fact I had to move both the armory and cargo container

Last edited:

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
did you check your captains locker? only other spot I can think it could be perhaps

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ran across a shitty bug. So one of the modules you can put on your ship is an armory. Pretty cool thing that lets you display guns and suits. So I put the Grandma's Space Marine armor on one of the displays. Later on, I redid my ship a bit. I never deleted the Armory, I just had to move it in order to put a new module in. I also had to move a cargo container in order to attach an additional engine. The game is supposed to dump all the items into ship inventory, but instead it deleted the armor apparently. It isn't in the storage, although all the other guns are as far as I can tell. Not sure if it was just the armory moving, or the fact I had to move both the armory and cargo container

That is weird. When I stole a ship and it was set to home ship, literally everything from the previous ship was moved into the new one. And I mean everything. I had 5-10 of things like notebooks, cups, coffe mugs, storage containers, styrofoam constainers, pens, glasses etc. It seemed it took everything aboard that previous ship and moved it over into new one's storage. Not just what was in the previous ship's storage. So I would assume the armory stuff would of went too, if I had one? I did go from a 400 storage to a 800, so plenty of room. Not sure what would happen the other way around.

Though from what you describe it sounds like an issue when swapping out parts of the ship. Which may be a completely different mechanic. Maybe test it? Put a single item in the armory, do the same steps of moving it or swapping it around and see if it poofs. Also if possible see if you can switch home ships with just that item in the armory and see if it moves to new home ship.

I would be shocked if its in the captains locker, that is usually seperate smaller storage for personal items. Something to make sure you check and loot when you steal other's ships.

Last edited:
  • 1Barf

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
jUsT pLaY cYbErPuNk ThEn!!1!1!

If we're going to take the No Man's Sky Route. I'm glad so many are having fun, but this game sounds so lazy.

But dude it's better than BG3 didn't you hear?

• 1Dislike
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I do need to make an outpost though I think, resources are taking up so much space/weight. And while I can use the infinite storage chest in the lodge, that storage isn't connected to crafting/research stations(that are right next to it), which is a pita.

Maybe I just need a spaceship with ~2,000 storage or more.

Interesting. Keep us posted.

• 1Salty
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Bethesda being Bethesda:
Game has some really wonky lighting/hdr. The change from walking "outdoors" to "indoors" is a little annoying, worst example ive seen so far;

1.jpg

Even weirder;

2.jpg

Last edited: