Starfield - Fallout fallout that isn't ES6

Burns

LOL IDK why people be refunding this after a few hours. These Beth games just keep on giving for years and years after release with +mods. This game will/already has 300% more replayability than BG3 will ever give you. Granted BG3 is really really good, but after 2-3x through its spent.
Easy, even if you are interested in it eventually being a good game, it will go on sale before that happens. So why not save 20-50% when refunds are so easy to get?

Morrowind and Skyrim are the only two Beth games that I played even close to the amount of hours that I have already spend on BG3 (100+ now, and still only half way through my second playthrough). So really, it depends on how much modders end up changing/working on this game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Axiel

Molten Core Raider
where is that processing power going exactly

The 20 year old engine that's been duct taped together since Oblivion is heavily bottle-necked by cpu <==> memory pipeline, especially in cities. Doesn't help that all the in game settings only effect GPU load, except crowd size.

In my case it's not too bad when you're getting it for free with a heavily discounted AMD card.

With that said, pretty boring till around 4hours 44 minutes

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I think thats the biggest fuck up with this game is the beginning few hours of game. They really dropped the ball on this beginning. The engine thing though, meh, keep in mind its highly modified. People usually dont understand WTF they are talking about when they talk about "old engines". For instance Destiny 2 is using a highly modified old ass engine too, fucking Halo combat evolved from 2001, lol.

• 1Worf

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
whats the min specs for bg3?

• Processor: Intel I5 4690/ AMD FX 8350
  • Graphics: Nvidia GTX 970/ RX 480 (4 GB+ VRAM)

so, BG3 also has lower specs. as I said earlier. starfield is the first game my old system couldn't play.
i5 6600, gtx 1070. from what I can tell its the cpu thats failing.
there's been plenty of games that stutter, or play poorly... bannerlord, etc. but they PLAY. (I didnt try cyberpunk)

so, that will reflect on numbers as well. higher tech specs will mean less players.
Although I too am in the camp of, "where is that processing power going exactly?" from what I understand, its the cpu thats failing for me mostly. I might be able to get it to play by overclocking it.

That will have some effect, but I can't imagine it's drastic.

A D&D game have just doesn't have the mass appeal as Skyrim in space.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
BG3 was awesome. Even if act 3 needed more polish.

This is fun too despite its obvious problems. Thankfully not enough to make it not fun. And I didn't even pay for it.

Hopefully CP 2077 later this month keeps it going. Will have been a fun 2-3 months of gaming.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

I finally got sick of the weight system, so I used player.setav carryweight 999999 and now I don't need to worry about that shit again lol. It actually improved my game experience, because now I can just loot shit and worry about what is junk later

It didn't flag my save as modded, so I guess even Bethesda doesn't consider that cheating

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Interesting way to glitch starship builds so you can bypass Bethesda's annoying "no clip" requirements and make some awesome looking designs

i have zero imagination and would rather just get builds spoon fed to me. Whenever I start playing in year or two on sale.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Playing on the OLED4k hooked up to computer. Definitely better than series x but by how much who knows. Frames are close to 75- 85 with the 3090 on ultra everything up. Kinda fun but I think I prefer more frames and 1440.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Finally playing this and it's an ugly boring piece of shit game.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Mic Drop
Reactions: 5 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Maybe you didn't hear, but this game is a solid 7/10 and very playable.

• 1Pathetic

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Maybe you didn't hear, but this game is a solid 7/10 and very playable.
If this came out 2 years ago I probably would have thought it was good. But the steaks have been raised.

• 1Like

Burns

GiS for "steaks have been razed" was disappointing, but I need to figure out how to include it other posts.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
GiS for "steaks have been razed" was disappointing, but I need to figure out how to include it other posts.
steak madagascar GIF

• 2Worf

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
The United Colony Vanguard intro mission is pretty good. The little history museum was well done with interesting art and displays, not taking too much time, but gave good context for the game. The flight simulator was fun and good practice. Swearing your oath in front of flags and stars. Even the voice acting for it was serviceable. It's almost as if they're capable of competent writing and decent gameplay in a cohesive vision, at least on a small scale.

In 8 hours I still don't think I've laughed or even smiled with the game, though (only at it). Its just got no soul, which is weird for a Bethesda offering. Maybe there just aren't enough good writers to supply demand from the entertainment industries? Or writers got pushed out of the studios in favor of more programming? At least Fallout games were often janky but made up for it with generally good writing.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Is that not a meme here? Maybe it was a meme on some other forum I was on.

I was going for a sixteenth chapel type thing.

• 1Wow!
  • 1OK, Sure

Burns

Is that not a meme here? Maybe it was a meme on some other forum I was on.

I was going for a sixteenth chapel type thing.
I may have seen it before, then mostly forgot about it, but I don't recall seeing it around these parts.