my ship in the first playthrough, heading to NG+

View attachment 490922

View attachment 490925

View attachment 490927

4x

View attachment 490923

6x
View attachment 490924

I wish ship combat was more territorial. The settled systems would have more weight if there were just certain systems occupied by Pirates and others occupied by Va`ruun that you needed to break through or have a high risk of encounters if you ran into them.
Are you starting a new sandbox or going for the NG+ grind?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
yeah it's all random, brother got a decent payout from a random event and capitalized on it as some Starfield secret. Well played blue thunder gaming.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Are you starting a new sandbox or going for the NG+ grind?
Went to the next universe, first roll is the Normal Constellation one All Universe Variations Explained | Starfield|Game8

Going to basically do all the things in this universe and maybe go to the unity when I put Starfield down for a couple years. If there's any "experience the one true ending if you do NG+ 10x times I'll watch the youtube video on it, lol. I don't get the people who grind NG+, if they have fun, good for them, but you can't modify the ship or suit so who gives a shit about them. Upgrading powers is cool but they're kinda broken at level 1 anyway. After unlocking all but two of the powers the last thing I'd want to do is go through another temple mini-game.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Went to the next universe, first roll is the Normal Constellation one All Universe Variations Explained | Starfield|Game8

Going to basically do all the things in this universe and maybe go to the unity when I put Starfield down for a couple years. If there's any "experience the one true ending if you do NG+ 10x times I'll watch the youtube video on it, lol. I don't get the people who grind NG+, if they have fun, good for them, but you can't modify the ship or suit so who gives a shit about them. Upgrading powers is cool but they're kinda broken at level 1 anyway. After unlocking all but two of the powers the last thing I'd want to do is go through another temple mini-game.
Yea, I don't get the NG+ grind either, unless I'm missing something. I haven't even gotten all the powers in my base game yet. My plan is to finish most of the sidequests in the base game, get all the powers, and get all the crafting/outpost talents. Then do NG+ and make that my sandbox and do my first real outpost building there.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Not certain what happened, but Sam I think initiated his companion mission, except I never really talked to him. Drastically different than Sarah's quest. At least with that one I knew what I had to set out and do.

Suddenly I'm having to go back to Akali, and he's trying to hunt down a map. I don't know if it's part of the main story or again the companion quest. Just odd because it's the only mission that I've gone on where I have no clue why I'm doing it. All the other missions even little side quests have at least been thorough enough to explain hey go save these people, stop this problem, etc.

I wonder if anybody else had the same deal, or for some reason it just jumped from a progression standpoint. Maybe it has something to do with my level and where I'm at with the main story or something?

Also, does Akali City run poorly for anyone else? New Atlantis is smooth as silk, but for some reason my FPS is tanking when I'm running around there. I swear since the patch my performance is gone downhill. I had all my settings working and was happy with the graphics, but it's definitely not running near as well, and monitoring my CPU temps and stuff, they're much higher than they have been when I started the game.
It's a required main story mission. Sure you just didn't forget talking to him at some point?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
It's a required main story mission. Sure you just didn't forget talking to him at some point?
Possibly, I know it was just pretty abrupt when suddenly he's on your ship with his goofy daughter, and it just didn't seem like there was much of a segue into that. I may have been trying to make dinner or something at the time and popping back on periodically to play. I also don't remember things as well as I used to.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Possibly, I know it was just pretty abrupt when suddenly he's on your ship with his goofy daughter, and it just didn't seem like there was much of a segue into that. I may have been trying to make dinner or something at the time and popping back on periodically to play. I also don't remember things as well as I used to.
Yeah, so I think it is a little weird in that if you talked to him in the garden at Constellation, he stays in your ship but doesn't actually follow you around until you get to Akila City, so that's probably why he appeared out of nowhere.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, so I think it is a little weird in that if you talked to him in the garden at Constellation, he stays in your ship but doesn't actually follow you around until you get to Akila City, so that's probably why he appeared out of nowhere.
Now that you mention it, I think that's exactly what happened. Was just noticable compared to the other quests so far.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
And there's a ton of things I wish I knew type videos but this one's pretty comprehensive and he doesn't take 5 minutes to explain one particular thing. Apparently Vasco doesn't take up a crew slot.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Vorph

Apparently Vasco doesn't take up a crew slot.
I think dude is confused about why he's able to assign 4 crew at the start instead of just 3. It's Sarah that doesn't take up a crew slot. (Well, actually she does, but her version of the Leadership skill gives +1 crew slot so it's a wash.)

Couple other nitpicks I noticed while having the video playing in the background:

Skip boost is nice for travelling but it's much more annoying to use to bypass the stupid ladder animation (have to spam the button to boost at least twice, and if you mistime it you just wasted more time than if you'd just climbed it normally). Balanced is almost as good for travel, and you only have to boost once to go up a floor instead of using the ladder.

You can access ship inventory from within 250m, not 200m. It works if you zone to a cave/building/whatever too, provided the entrance was within 250.

Synapse Alpha is the low tier buff for researching. Neurajack is the good shit. I think you can get addicted to it though. Never happened to me, but if it does it's simple enough to cure.

Superior tier only exists for space suit/helmet/pack. AFAIK that's true all the way out to like NG+10. Somewhere in the level 60-80 range the gear you find stops getting any better, while enemies continue to scale with your level. Kind of a funny 'gotcha' for the tards who level well past level 100 using exploits. I believe gun drops are a combination of your level and the enemy level. If you're low level but still able to kill enemies on a L75 planet, you'll get advanced versions of the low level items (grendel, maelstrom, etc.). Once you level up and see drops such as an advanced Hard Target, then you know you've pretty much hit the cap. And people talk a lot about swapping to very hard before zoning, then going back to normal or journalist difficulty, but that only makes chest loot better. If you want the best shit from clearing the place you need to actually play on very hard (which really isn't hard at all after the first couple hours, just like every Bethesda game). I suspect enemies get super spongy if you level much past 80 though, probably even more so in space battles.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I think dude is confused about why he's able to assign 4 crew at the start instead of just 3. It's Sarah that doesn't take up a crew slot. (Well, actually she does, but her version of the Leadership skill gives +1 crew slot so it's a wash.)
Ahhhh, that makes sense then.

Cybsled

Good video that runs down the various temple powers and also how they change when you rank them up

• 2Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
That Bionics lab isn't on Wellish for me, I'm on NG+. I kinda expected all of these to be unique rolls for every run.

View attachment 490967

disappointed-disappointed-fan.gif
You didn't re-read my first post (because I know you read them when I posted!) where I said the spawns were completely random and I found another Bionics lab and got no landings at all there, and this guy's video was bullshit and he just got super lucky with a random event that happened to correspond to the Bionics lab!

• 2Like

elidib

Vyemm Raider
"Hey there!" "What's up" "I'm ready to listen" "What can I do for ya?" "Hey, How's it goin?"

I want to jettison all of my crewmembers out of the nearest airlock.

Is there any way to make them shut the hell up?

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Vorph

Has anyone found any interesting apparel items?

Only unique ones that actually do something special I've found are Orlase's Lab Coat (Chance to craft weapon mods for free), and the two you get while doing Ryujin's storyline. For actual combat usage the only good thing I've found is a 'pirate swashbuckler gear' with 20 phys resist and +5% crit dmg.

Doubtful until xEdit gets released for Starfield. It's definitely annoying, they all have a chirp every time you come into range of them, but them coming into the cockpit to sit down at a station is within the range so they constantly talk. Plus any conversations they have among themselves (Sam and Cora especially) can be heard no matter where you are.

On the bright side, Barrett's are the ones that annoy me the most, and it seems that it's true that his particle beam systems skill does absolutely nothing for damage so I'm on my way right now to ditch him for Omari.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I love stealing ships and playing shipbuilder. Definitely worth it early to steal and mod a bigger ship than the starter to save a lot of credits. I got a Va'ruun Hymn early on, from Luna I think, which is a black Stroud-Ekland Galileo. Stripped a lot of the bulk to add more habs, and core parts have lasted me into level 20s with near 2k cargo and 90+ maneuverability etc. Haven't found a stolen ship since with better core parts to build on. Maxed ship building and piloting and done a lot of building for fun, but wouldn't have needed to upgrade any core parts but weapons and habs on that ship. Been nice.

Here's a very Bethesda experience: stole a ship. Take off into a space battle with 4 enemies and thankfully some friendlies too. Barely survive because I'm on some new shitty ship. Can't loot blown up enemy ships because maxed cargo space.

Was contraband in the ship I stole I think otherwise not sure where it came from, so fail a scan trying to swap back to my good ship. Contraband? No clue what that meant, but grav jump out of the contraband scan, which removed contraband I think but gave me a warrant.

Google stuff, learn to go to the Den thinking I still have contraband. Get attacked there by UC security from the warrant. Google what thateans. Run and realize no contraband now, so go to Akila to clear warrant.

Change ship at the technician and something bugs and locks me into a tiny ship it created called "the den" and won't let me change home ships at all and myodified and renamed ship has reverted to the original. Have to reload a very previous save.

Not being able to send a crew member off with a new stolen ship is idiotic. Especially annoying boarding a ship after combat and it's damaged so you're just floating in space for 5 minutes waiting for systems to repair enough you can fly somewhere to swap ships back. Some things like the ship swapping and cargo resetting and filling with folders are so screwy and retarded I can't imagine they actual play their own games.

• 2Worf

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
"Hey there!" "What's up" "I'm ready to listen" "What can I do for ya?" "Hey, How's it goin?"

I want to jettison all of my crewmembers out of the nearest airlock.

The fact nobody thought to program it so that annoying companions aren't talking over every fucking hail dialog is astounding.

I mean wait until I bed Sarah before having her talk nonstop as then it would be considered some for of relationship roleplaying. But as is, holy shit let me set no talking rules on my own ship please.