Starting a New Media Business - Looking for Partners

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I do think there is room for better gaming journalism. Right now the population is so incredibly inbred that literally everyone seems to have worked with / for everyone else and furthermore only exist as means to put a spit-shine on a press release.

I understand the situation where you can't actively antagonize members of the industry if you are to ever get interviews with them again... but the pendulum has swung from "don't be a dick" to "only ask from this list of pre-approved questions that our PR department has already vetted". At least that seems to be the only reason we get Twitch interviews that ask such burning questions as "Is your new game awesomely super or superly awesome?"

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I wouldn't want to be part of the initial crew, but I could definitely write an article or two on random MMOs. When I burn out on WOW I tend to play a few weeks/months of whatever is new at the moment.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Wait, you wanted to do MMO only? Gaming is still alive and well but MMOs (read: WoW) are like stale Triscuits at this point. You'll do it because you remember them being delicious but you end up immediately regretting your decision.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
It makes sense. Once upon a time Gawker and such were the scrappy underdogs of journalism coming out of that freaky new space called "teh intarwebz". Now that they have become the mainstream, or rather that the mainstream changed course to align with them, there is a lack of objectivity. News comes solely in the form of shows and press conferences, reviews are bought and paid for, and if anyone receives an anonymous tip chances are that it is the direct result of a guerrilla marketing campaign comprised of engineered 'viral' ads and AR games.

Teljair_sl

shitlord
We've had a lot of inquiries. What we really need are 1-2 web developers with PHP and Javascript/jQuery experience for creating cool tools.

iannis

Musty Nester
As fun as it is to shit on you guys I respect an earnest startup.

I wish you luck. I'd even help if I had any relevant skills. But mostly these days my expertise is in making Soygen giggle and lusting after Mist.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
LTdoA2b.jpg