Starting a New Media Business - Looking for Partners

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
How about hot trannies?

Junkies is dormant right now. We'd like to start over but with additional partners. We also want to try some different things.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Did you ask Tyen yet for exclusive material about Everquest in a browser? It will give you massive clicks, when you are the first one with news about the long awaited and groundbreaking project "Everquest in a browser".

To play devil's advocate, why wouldn't someone just start their own version of this without you two? 500k uniques isn't many and that project is by your own admittance stagnant. Partners in this case sounds more like people to blame when it fails and split the financial burden with. Getting the content out there is 1% of the job, you're making it sound like it's all of it.

Teljair_sl

shitlord
To play devil's advocate, why wouldn't someone just start their own version of this without you two? 500k uniques isn't many and that project is by your own admittance stagnant. Partners in this case sounds more like people to blame when it fails and split the financial burden with. Getting the content out there is 1% of the job, you're making it sound like it's all of it.
Content is not 1% of the job, that's a stupid thing to say.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If you need any Voice Over talent don't hesitate to shoot me a PM. I've been doing it for a while now and have a quick turn around time.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'd say content is 90% of the job and getting the content out there is 10%. Plus there are many more people who can do that 10% than do the 90%.

Content is not 1% of the job, that's a stupid thing to say.
I'd really recommend you do at least some market research before you get started with this if you think that's a stupid thing to say. Things don't work they way they did 5-10 years ago. It also shows something that you'd rather attack than answer a hypothetical question. You're more worried about your ego than proving why you're a good choice as a business partner. I think that speaks for itself.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'd really recommend you do at least some market research before you get started with this if you think that's a stupid thing to say. Things don't work they way they did 5-10 years ago. It also shows something that you'd rather attack than answer a hypothetical question. You're more worried about your ego than proving why you're a good choice as a business partner. I think that speaks for itself.
Anyone who has done market research would never say something so fucking stupid as 1%.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
How do you find time to research any markets in between all your mad leet video game hacking shenanigans?

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I'd say content is 90% of the job and getting the content out there is 10%. Plus there are many more people who can do that 10% than do the 90%.
Getting content out there is harder than you think.

Making content is easy. Making content that isn't shit is not.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Teljair has the logistics on lock, Dreagan has the connections.

Takes a bit more than that to get content out. (for me atleast Fartbro)

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Getting content out there is harder than you think.

Making content is easy. Making content that isn't shit is not.
If you have good content that people want, getting it out is easy. It's not like music where you have a few talented musicians in a band who are missing a proper recording studio, expert advice and marketing to get exposure. If you produce some good content for gaming the community it's targeted at will discover it when you post it to the community. If you produce mediocre content for gaming, you'll have an uphill battle spamming it all over, getting likes/shares/retweets, trying to get subscribers and reach out to them subscribers etc.

You're clearly looking for someone to produce content and there's nothing wrong with that. The question that 66617274626f78 asked is pretty legitimate and I think your target audience would need it answered. If someone is capable of producing quality content why would they sign up to your umbrella instead of retaining the rights to their content and producing it themselves?

spronk

FPS noob
i'll let you steal my patent pending idea to make a ton of money: go out, find a couple of hookers on the street who don't look like they are gonna die, find an old eastern european women to babysit them and make sure they don't do drugs, and then have the 4 or 5 of them play the latest multiplayer games on twitch. Doesn't matter how good they are.

oh and tell them not to get naked but to show lots of cleavage and leg, and tell them no hooking on camera

if your wife asks why 5 skanks are in your guest bedroom tell her its none of her goddamn business but don't worry you aren't fucking them

actually maybe you could make even bigger news by doing a reverse gamergate thing, put up 5 good looking dudes to do the same thing and when nobody watches complain loudly that twitch is sexist or anti gay or something and watch all the viewers roll in to support you

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
"Hookers/strippers play video games". If they can follow a script and are comedic it'd be like the sexualized version of Conan plays video games.