State Of Decay 2 - May 22nd Release

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

goishen

Macho Ma'am

Couldn't find a thread for it. I dunno about you guys, but I'm excited for this game.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I played a tremendous amount of sod and especially breakdown. Easily my favorite zombie game. Big hopes for sod2

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah I enjoyed the hell out of SoD at first...then I got the flu, ran a temp of 103, and spent an entire night stuck in a semi-lucid half-nightmare half-hallucination mostly based on SoD.

Never actually finished it :(

• 2Like

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
High hopes here as well. Played the ever living shit out of everything they've released.
That soldiers in the city one is gd brutal.

Gorestabb

Bronze Knight of the Realm
SoD 2 could easily be the definitive zombie apocalypse RPG with just some little improvements to the original. The biggest problem the first one had was that survivor AI was retarded, every other day people would just run off by themselves and then need rescuing. A lot of things also felt way too simplistic, but then that could well be because it was an Xbox live game, which has a maximum of 2GB in size iirc.

If they fix survivor behaviour and expand on the mission system, resource gathering and base building it will be epic. Oh, and make the map bigger.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Yep, if they just make this SoD+ with more variety, larger maps, tighter gameplay, and just general improvement then this will consume at least a hundred hours of my free time.

My body is ready.

• 1Like

goishen

Macho Ma'am

A rather small channel, with less than 1,000 subscribers. But he's the only one that I could find on youtube with any info (and ongoing) about this game.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
There's basically no chance this is good. The studio is sucking wind, and their last game was an absolute disaster.

I'd like for them to prove me wrong, but I just don't see it happening. The Year One edition was a blatant cash grab with little to no improvements, and they dropped support of the base game completely. I really don't know how they pull this off in any way, shape or form.

• 1Like

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
While that's true, the hope is it was a cash grab to fund SoD2.

Nope. It funded Moonrise.

Which, if you haven't heard, also got pulled from steam, and everyone who bought it got fucked over.

Undead Labs so far created a pretty good game (SoD), then pulled that game from Steam and stopped supporting it, released a reskin of that same game and charged people again for it, created a new game (Moonrise), and after people bought that game, they decided to shut that down and pull it off steam as well, without refunds, while it was still in early access.

SoD2 is going to be fucking garbage. There's absolutely no way it won't be. The company is morally bankrupt and functionally inept.

• 2Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Haha, if you read the blog about the end of Moonrise it sounds like a pure cashgrab into the fee-to-pay market that didn't meet the internal projections. They are batting 1 for 2 in terms of games; however, they are still 1 for 1 when it comes to paid releases. I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt since SoD 2 isn't F2P.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Haha, if you read the blog about the end of Moonrise it sounds like a pure cashgrab into the fee-to-pay market that didn't meet the internal projections. They are batting 1 for 2 in terms of games; however, they are still 1 for 1 when it comes to paid releases. I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt since SoD 2 isn't F2P.

Yeah, but they already cash grabbed on SOD too. That's their business model. They don't give a fuck about quality, they just want as much money for as little work as possible.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I dunno. I think SoD was a break-out hit despite the limitations that MicroSoft put them under. This time, XBOne is really hurting for some new titles, and they're looking to SoD 2 to become that really big hit.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Nope. It funded Moonrise.

Which, if you haven't heard, also got pulled from steam, and everyone who bought it got fucked over.

Undead Labs so far created a pretty good game (SoD), then pulled that game from Steam and stopped supporting it, released a reskin of that same game and charged people again for it, created a new game (Moonrise), and after people bought that game, they decided to shut that down and pull it off steam as well, without refunds, while it was still in early access.

SoD2 is going to be fucking garbage. There's absolutely no way it won't be. The company is morally bankrupt and functionally inept.
Hard to know the truth without more information. It could be that they wanted a break from open world zombie development and went all in on creating a pokemon RPG or whatever, but the solid developers that worked on SoD1 and made it successful left for better opportunities. (or whatever reason would create a shit game after a great one).

Or it could be that they got some extra $$$ and one of the higher ups finally got the chance to make the shitty pokemon RPG he always dreamed of. They created a prototype with the development B team, put it up for early access because gamers are dumb and realized they made an unfun game nobody wanted to play. Meanwhile the A team has been working on SoD2 for years.

I guess we'll find out, but after moonrise anyone who buys an early access or preorders SoD2 is foolish and his money will soon part.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
I dunno. I think SoD was a break-out hit despite the limitations that MicroSoft put them under. This time, XBOne is really hurting for some new titles, and they're looking to SoD 2 to become that really big hit.

I think it's already confirmed to not be on Steam...Win 10 exclusive. So already they're making retarded business decisions.

They sold their soul to Microsoft on this game. If you can look at all of that and still be excited about this, more power to you, but the crash is gonna be a long way down for you.

Last edited:

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I liked SoD. I probably didn't put in more than 20 hours or so but I enjoyed it for the $7.50 purchase on Steam I got it for. I'll probably do the same for SoD2.