Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
I can't get any help elsewhere so I thought I would try here. I have been unable to order anything from Steam for about 2 weeks now. I consistently get the "An unexpected error has occurred. Your purchase has not been completed. Please contact Steam support.". I have contacted support and their solutions (4 of them now) have been completely useless. I have deleted all folders except steam.exe and steamapps folder. I have deleted cookies. I have tried both in browser and client. I have tried on 4 different computers, ipad, 3 cellphones, 2 different kindles, Chrome, Firefox, Waterfox, multiple IE's, Safari, 5 different friend's houses computers and cellphones, the library, at Best Buy(lol) and anywhere else I could find. Now you would think this would mean its a problem with my account. Steam support says no and says no 4 different times in reply to my support tickets. I was first told to wait, the system is getting hammered even though my this ticket was put in over a week before the sales. The second time I was told to delete files in steam and reboot. The third time I was told to delete different files in steam and reboot as well as try on different devices and various browsers. The fourth time was a recap of all previous solutions. Does anyone have an idea of what I should do here? I cannot buy Wasteland 2 from anywhere else. I want to keep using steam as I have a huge collection of games and software there.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Can you buy anything else? There's a few 50 cent games out on the sale if you want to experiment.

It might just be that particular game.

Is the email you're using for your account still valid? I had an issue of the same sort with Gamefly and eventually it came back that the email I had linked to the account was from an untrusted site.

After googling the issue, seems that most people who encountered the error were using paypal. Same with you?

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I can't get any help elsewhere so I thought I would try here. I have been unable to order anything from Steam for about 2 weeks now. I consistently get the "An unexpected error has occurred. Your purchase has not been completed. Please contact Steam support.". I have contacted support and their solutions (4 of them now) have been completely useless. I have deleted all folders except steam.exe and steamapps folder. I have deleted cookies. I have tried both in browser and client. I have tried on 4 different computers, ipad, 3 cellphones, 2 different kindles, Chrome, Firefox, Waterfox, multiple IE's, Safari, 5 different friend's houses computers and cellphones, the library, at Best Buy(lol) and anywhere else I could find. Now you would think this would mean its a problem with my account. Steam support says no and says no 4 different times in reply to my support tickets. I was first told to wait, the system is getting hammered even though my this ticket was put in over a week before the sales. The second time I was told to delete files in steam and reboot. The third time I was told to delete different files in steam and reboot as well as try on different devices and various browsers. The fourth time was a recap of all previous solutions. Does anyone have an idea of what I should do here? I cannot buy Wasteland 2 from anywhere else. I want to keep using steam as I have a huge collection of games and software there.
I get the same problem when I try to connect through my VPN. Not sure if it is steam so much as it is VISA that declines my transaction due to my VPN listing me to be in a different country than my credit card info. All I know is that if I have a VPN active, log into steam, all transactions are declined until I disconnect the VPN and relog into steam. I get the same error message as you.

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
I should have clarified a bit more. I have tried ordering about 12 different games to try and see if that was an issue. I have used 2 different credit cards, 2 gift credit cards and 2 different debit/visa's as well none of which would be declining the purchases. I have called my banks/credit card companies etc to make sure and its not on that end. I have tried paying through paypal as well as just through steam. I have tried all these different cards and through steam and paypal on multiple browsers/computers/ipads and cellphones as well. I don't use a VPN and have tried going through one on multiple computers/phones/ipads etc at multiple places. The email is valid and I have tried using different email's/ new accounts. Its really odd to be honest. You would think it would be an account issue except I have tried multiple accounts multiple places on multiple computers/tablets/phones.

Thank you for the posts though, sorry for not clarifying everything that I had done or not done.

Merry Christmas
smile.png

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Left 4 Dead 2 isfree. Thanks Gabe.
Yup.

To celebrate the holidays in a special way this year, Left 4 Dead 2 will be free until 10AM PST 12/26.

It will be free as in, grab it now, pay no money, and it is yours to keep forever - FOR FREE!

To claim your L4D2 gift, all you need to do is install it.

If you don't install, it goes back to its regular price and you miss out! The zombie apocalypse is more fun with friends so make sure to tell all your mates to install it as well.

To help spread the holiday cheer, all current players can earn the achievement - Ghost of Christmas Present - Spread cheer by helping a free holiday player survive a campaign.

Left 4 Dead 2 is filled with so much content where do you start?

To avoid any grinches, we suggest jumping into campaign mode and get the basics down before moving into the competitive modes.

You can also check out some guides, read the forums and ask questions, check out some art, read the comic, watch some movies, and most importantly have fun!

Some other quick tips:

Before the game: HOOK UP YOUR MICROPHONE! Communication is important in L4D2. Make sure you can keep in contact with your teammates.

In Game: stay with your teammates. L4D2 is all about teamwork and leaving your dentist friend behind to go off on your own will only get you killed. It doesn't matter that you glow!

Post Game: Make friends. If you are having fun with a group, send them friend invites or join a common group.

And there is more!

You can listen to the Midnight Riders. Download and vote on Workshop items. Dive into the modding tools,and create your own items for the workshop including the scripts for the Extended Mutation System.

Welcome to Left 4 Dead and Happy Holidays!

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Thanks for the heads up on free Left for Dead 2!!
Holyshit time to play as infected and destroy noobs. L4D has a steep learning curve, I will be the cause of many a people never playing the game again tonight! Merry Christmas mother fuckers.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
If you haven't done the Helms Deep mod for L4D2 with friends, then you're missing out. Good times.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
lol, damn, sometimes it's still shocking how fast news travels due to the technology. We learn about the free game, steam spikes and crashes--hah.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
While Left 4 Dead 2 has Steam brokenperuse this listof awesome Amazon sales, many of which redeem on Steam. PC gaming has completely broken my idea of what a normal priced game is. Castle of Illusion and Duck Tales are super cheap, Colonial Marines is the price of a 20 oz which is still too much, and an awesome deal on Tomb Raider starts tomorrow. Also, I hear that Call of Juarez spin off game is really damn good ($5 on Amazon right now) which is funny because the full retail releases were junk. Merry shopping.