Steam Deals and Digital Sales

spronk

FPS noob
tomb raider collection for $14 is a great deal, its 10 tomb raider games including the latest (the ps4/xbone upcoming ultimate edition is based off the pc version). watch lara's ass wiggle for days

brutal legend for $2 seems like a good deal too, never played it though

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
So, yeah grab Borderlands 2 GOTY or not ? Is there more DLC to come ? I want to play through the game at some point, but I'd rather have all the DLC, because I think the mechanics fell apart at the top levels in the first game and I don't think BL2 is that different.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yeah was waiting until someone here commented about Brutal Legend, not that $2 is too much to pay for anything really, but it'd be yet another game in a list of things I'll probably never get to.

Also agree, don't listen to Vorph, Castlevania was fine
wink.png

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
wink.png
It's not a bad game; it's just a perfect example for Hatorade's "Too Many Games" thread, at least for me.

Re: BL2. $15 is a good price if you didn't buy the game before, and a big fuck you to those of us who pre-ordered it. I got sick of the game halfway through TVHM anyway--the loot in BL2 was even more of a disappointment than in BL1, and without that there's not much of a hook to keep you playing a game you've already seen everything in. People don't seem to have a whole lot of good things to say about any of the DLC besides Tiny Tina's so I haven't really felt like I'm missing out because I took offense at Gearbox's pricing schemes.

Edit: DLC may not be done after all. Sorry for the mis-info. The GOTY doesn't include any of the Headhunter DLCs anyway, so if they do add more DLC it will be separate too. Maybe there will be a Game of Two Years Ago edition once they're finally done, for real.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The DLC for BL2 is done? What happened to assaulting the big floating H that was hinted at in the Tiny Tina DLC?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
My bad on that, it seems I misread something and there may well still be some milk left in the BL2 cow for 2014.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Ok, guess I'll wait until it gets finished completely, not like it won't be discounted for this price every other sale anyway.

Necrath Evilcraft

Golden Knight of the Realm
Yeah was waiting until someone here commented about Brutal Legend, not that $2 is too much to pay for anything really, but it'd be yet another game in a list of things I'll probably never get to.

wink.png
Brutal Legend may be one of the worst games i have ever played in terms of gameplay. Its so basic in terms of gameplay and the graphics are so weak it almost looks like ps2 era shit. I was thoroughly disappointed with it.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I might finally give in and get Skyrim. (Not that I doubt I'll like it...just have SOOOOO many games I still need to play.) Should I just get the Legendary Edition if I do? Are the expansions valuable additions?

Rime

<Donor>
I might finally give in and get Skyrim. (Not that I doubt I'll like it...just have SOOOOO many games I still need to play.) Should I just get the Legendary Edition if I do? Are the expansions valuable additions?
The housing one is useful, it makes the houses not ass and you can have all of the crafting stations in a single house that way. The two DLC are alright. The vampire one (Dawnguard) is the better story, but the Dragon one is just awesome.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Anyone play Y's I and II?
Both fairly good games, but definitely better with a gamepad. Not particularily easy games either, at least first one, 2nd one iirc had "difficulty modes" by picking a stronger or weaker character. They're mostly action games though, don't expect a great story or much RPG elements, it's more like Zelda to an extent.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
Anyone here bought Might and Magic Heroes VI: Complete Edition or any of the DLC's ? I want your Duel of Champions codes.

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you like 80's metal, and you're at least ambivalent about Jack Black, you'll probably enjoy it.

Everything that Necraf said is true. And I still enjoyed it.

I spent far too much time just driving around listening to the radio. And casting your ultimate spell for no reason what so ever, other than to watch it happen. And going to visit Ozzy for no damn reason at all.

But it's only a basic fighting game, and the RTS portions are weaker than that. Don't buy it for gameplay, buy it for everything else.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Both fairly good games, but definitely better with a gamepad. Not particularily easy games either, at least first one, 2nd one iirc had "difficulty modes" by picking a stronger or weaker character. They're mostly action games though, don't expect a great story or much RPG elements, it's more like Zelda to an extent.
2nd'ed I really enjoyed both

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Anyone play Y's I and II?
Actually scratch what I said earlier, I was talking about Y's Origin and Y's Oath in Felgana, didn't see there was another Y's on sale. Not sure about these, they're the older ones so probably dated mechanics I don't know. Looks alright at least and the series is pretty good overall.