Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Early access games rarely have a steep discount, largely because of kickstarters/backers having paid X amount of money and the devs (wisely) not wanting to undercut them before it's even released. -20% off a game in that situation is more than I would expect but also obviously not that eye-catching compared to a lot of the other games.

spronk

FPS noob
forced is fun and worth it but if your backlog is huge prob not good enough to bump up to the top of the list. its cool supporting it though, its those dudes who worked 6 months hiding in their university not paying rent, then like sold all their shit and got a bank loan and poured their heart and soul into it and then did a massive kickstarter etc. you always see that big ass image, its sort of the anti-pantheon

euro truck simulator 2 is also AWESOME and one of the flash sales today, it sounds ridiculous like surgeon simulator but its hella fun and really immersive just driving around europe delivering shit. they did an amazing job recreating large parts of europe, so if you lived there or traveled around its worth it just to check the areas out. i think they are working on a USA truck simulator now

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Do I get points for buying stuff or just when I craft a badge? I looked quickly at their FAQ and didn't see a clear explanation of how this thing works. I'm on the purple team, so kinda want a chance (however small) at the games if all I need to do is buy a cheap game to contribute points.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Do I get points for buying stuff or just when I craft a badge? I looked quickly at their FAQ and didn't see a clear explanation of how this thing works. I'm on the purple team, so kinda want a chance (however small) at the games if all I need to do is buy a cheap game to contribute points.
Think it's just crafting. You get a trading card for every $10 you spend.

spronk

FPS noob
damn im still on the same team, blue team is the tampa bay of steam

i wanna lebron james off my team

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I'm thinking about picking up The Walking Dead Season 2 for $12.49 as a daily deal. It's not going to go lower this sale but I just don't know if I want to spend the money on it right now.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Bought the Witcher 2 for cheap, and now looking at Far Cry 3. Never has been cheaper than $7.49, and never played it.

I'm just upset, that I'm on a console kick lately, and here I am buying PC games. haha

But in the end, probably want it on the PC anyway.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Its bound to pop up as a daily/flash deal sometime and when it does, do yourself a favor and buy Valdis Story: Abyssal City. Its a metroidvania type game and a really good one. I bought it the last day of the winter sale because it was only two dollars and some change and ended up loving it. It is one of the very few games I've bought off of steam that I not only ended up playing, but enjoyed the shit out of it and played it til completion. I've been telling all my friends to buy it next time it goes on sale, although it is worth it at full price imo. If you enjoyed games like Super metroid and SotN then you don't need to think twice about this game.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Call of Juarez- Gunslingers is 3.75. I highly recommend this game. I really enjoyed it.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Call of Juarez- Gunslingers is 3.75. I highly recommend this game. I really enjoyed it.
Sold. Looks good from the other reviews on the page too. Getting tired of loading up Bioshock Infinite and Wolfenstein for FPS fix.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
For some reason I could never get into Red Dead Redemption. Wasn't in the right frame of mind I guess to figure out an RPG. Does this at all compare?

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
CoJ: Gunslinger is like playing a spaghetti western filled with every western trope there is, but shinier. It is a twitchy FPS, not hardly any RPG to it.