Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
GreenManGaming hasSpec Ops: The Lineon sale for $7.49, and with the 30% off code GMG30-DPLIM-DN831 - knocks it down to $5.25

The game has a pretty good single-player campaign.

Activates on Steam.

Faddor_sl

shitlord
This sale is fucking pathetic. This thread is the proof - it's all links to sites with actual good deals, that aren't from Steam. Most of the deals Steam does have have been beaten by THEMSELVES in some cases OVER A YEAR AGO.

Where are the 5 game bundles for 4.99 from 2010? The holiday coal? The summer tickets? The prices that have always forced me to buy more games even with 50+ in backlog?

Valve is taking those first few steps on the road well-worn by Blizzard - RMT money-grubbing shitheads.

First they came with the TF2 hats, but I did not care, because I was not a moron who collected hats.
Then they came for the holiday fun events and achievements, and I only bitched slightly, because the deals were still good.
Then they came for the deals...fuck Valve.

Humble Bundle is the new Valve.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
spent $10 on steam sales so far, and some impulse purchase in planetside 2 which I fucking regret....

not a good year so far...

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Good news, the year is about to end.
Maybe for you...some of us are doomed to repeat it until we get it right.Nexttime my end-of-the-world plot will succeed. 12/21willhappen...I just need to build faster...

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
This sale is fucking pathetic. This thread is the proof - it's all links to sites with actual good deals, that aren't from Steam. Most of the deals Steam does have have been beaten by THEMSELVES in some cases OVER A YEAR AGO.

Where are the 5 game bundles for 4.99 from 2010? The holiday coal? The summer tickets? The prices that have always forced me to buy more games even with 50+ in backlog?

Valve is taking those first few steps on the road well-worn by Blizzard - RMT money-grubbing shitheads.

First they came with the TF2 hats, but I did not care, because I was not a moron who collected hats.
Then they came for the holiday fun events and achievements, and I only bitched slightly, because the deals were still good.
Then they came for the deals...fuck Valve.

Humble Bundle is the new Valve.
I partially agree with you. Partially because this wasn't exactly a fantastic year of computer gaming.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
To be honest, it's not terribly surprising. The sales aren't just about selling games, but also raising awareness of Steam as a brand and bringing in more users. A few years back, they hoped the deals would result in people telling their friends and getting them on Steam. Nowadays, since Steam basically dominates digital distribution for PC games, they really no longer have to be as competitive with pricing.

Fortunately, they also have proven their model and now we have other digital stores moving into that first phase. Last year, Amazon was the only one really competing. This year, Impulse and Green Man Gaming have gotten on board, with GamersGate sort of hobbling behind with their hilarious (and almost daily) price mistakes.

Dom_sl

shitlord
Civ 5: Gods and Kings expansion for $3.15 @ GMG using the 30% off code. Ridiculous price considering that Steam's lowest price for it during the sale has been over ten bucks.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Bitching at the game companies would be more productive than bitching at Steam. Steam can't set the sale prices of the games they sell, that's up to those companies. Amazon, GMG, etc. can just elect to take a hit to their profits and sell the games for whatever they want, similar to brick & mortar stores.

Also, everyone misses the coal/minigames, but people abused the shit out of them and ruined it for everybody. It would be nice if they would work on implementing something less abusable but that is the only legitimate complaint I see people making about Steam.

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
Green Man Gaming has the exp going on sale for 85% off which brings it around 5 bucks on Dec 30. So if you wanna save $2.50 you could wait.
Where did you find this info? I would like to know what other deals are coming next.

Gadrel_sl

shitlord
I've had the completely opposite experience with the Steam sale this year. Foremost, I haven't even thought about buying most of the games from the big publishers, because they suck. Instead, I've bought a whole mess of indie games that I've had a LOT of fun playing so far: Home, Lone Survivor, Deadlight, Dear Esther, Castle Crashers, Deponia, Faster than Light, Galactic Civ II, Natural Selection 2, Resonance, Towns. Total spent: Under $40

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
kicking myself for not getting crusader kings II... though I picked up Mirror's Edge and FTL.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Farcry 3 is 25% off if you were able to wait. Farcry franchise is 30% off. Seems like a good deal for a fairly new game.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I just bought Alan Wake for 8 bucks. Sounded interesting hope its not crap. First thing I have purchased this sale, it has just been terrible. I normally drop 50-100 bucks.