Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Djay

Trakanon Raider
So, I haven't bought Orcs Must Die yet, and kinda want to grab it now for $2.50. Is it worth it to just get the bundle that has the sequel and all of the expansion stuff for $8.74?

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
So, I haven't bought Orcs Must Die yet, and kinda want to grab it now for $2.50. Is it worth it to just get the bundle that has the sequel and all of the expansion stuff for $8.74?
I haven't played the sequel, but the original Orcs Must Die is worth 8.74 by itself. It's an absolutely amazing game, assuming you're a fan of tower defense.

Stillborn_sl

shitlord
I haven't played the sequel, but the original Orcs Must Die is worth 8.74 by itself. It's an absolutely amazing game, assuming you're a fan of tower defense.
I'm not a fan of most Tower Defense games as I get bored with them easily. However, after hearing everyone go on about how good OMD is, I picked up the bundle and it is well worth it.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just bought Alan Wake for 8 bucks. Sounded interesting hope its not crap. First thing I have purchased this sale, it has just been terrible. I normally drop 50-100 bucks.
I liked it. For 8 bucks, you'll get your moneys worth I think.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I just bought Alan Wake for 8 bucks. Sounded interesting hope its not crap. First thing I have purchased this sale, it has just been terrible. I normally drop 50-100 bucks.
Alan Wake was one of the best games I played this year.

Pollo

Silver Knight of the Realm
Legend of Grimrock Steam Key to however redeems it first...

KC5IV-IINM8-FVBLD

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Good games, plenty of action and entertainment. Highly recommended.

Its a good game. It has some scary/spooky mood, some mindfuckery, and its pretty unique.

Most of the sales I've seen that were decent quality came out of Amazon/GMG. There might be some seriously good ones out of Amazon after the New Year though.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Alan Wake was one of the best games I played this year.
Easily in my top 3 as well.

Just make sure you use the -developermenu command line option and unlock Nightmare difficulty for the first playthrough. The game is piss-easy on any other setting, so much so that it completely removes all the tension from the game. Nightmare makes it into a true survival horror game instead of just another third person shooter with a flashlight gimmick. Also, as great a game as it was, there's not really much replay value to it so it's irritating to play on lower difficulties and know that you're unable to collect all the manuscript pages unless you do it all again.

----------------

And thanks for the Legend of Grimrock key. I messed around with it briefly when it was new but never got around to buying it and doing a full playthrough.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
http://slickdeals.net/f/5754320-PC-D...Die-Edition-18

Amazon.com is having an Editor's Choice sale on digital download games. Some games and bundles are on sale, plus if you have bought a download game from them recently, you should have gotten an Editor's Choice coupon to take $5 off any of the Editor's Choice sale items. This knocks the games down even further.

Examples:

Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition - 17.99 ($12.99 after $5 Editor's Choice coupon)
Mass Effect 3 - 14.99 ($9.99 after $5 Editor's Choice coupon)

wantonsoup_sl

shitlord
Well I think I have bought all I care to this sale, picked up Dishonored, Far Cry 3, SOL: Exodus, Super Street Fighter IV, Legend of Grimrock, Dawn Guard for Skyrim, and Doom 3 BFG edition. Now I got way too much crap to buy....damn sales.

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
Is there a better deal out there for Max Payne 3 than what Steam is offering at $14.99? Down from full price.

Vorph

Don't think so. Amazon had it for $14.99 -$5 if you had the coupon from buying something last month, but they appear to be out of keys at the moment.

spronk

FPS noob
hotline miami is $5 on amazon right now, and if you bought a game last month it is free. You get a steam key. everyone on other threads raves about the game, don't know a thing about it but free is free

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
hotline miami is $5 on amazon right now, and if you bought a game last month it is free. You get a steam key. everyone on other threads raves about the game, don't know a thing about it but free is free
Boo.

Currently unavailable
We don't know when or if this item will be available again.

Weaponsfree_sl

shitlord
If you're wondering if you should buy Hotline Miami, ask yourself one question: Was the movie Drive enjoyable? If yes, buy the game. If no, don't buy the game.

Vorph

I Am Alive is a far better game than the reviews would have you believe. They're probably almost all console reviews anyway, and the gamepad controls definitely did suck ass when I tried the PS3 demo. The PC version with a mouse was excellent though. For $5.09 (or $0.09 if you buy from Amazon* and haven't used your coupon yet) you can't go wrong if the genre interests you. And like Alan Wake, it should only be played on the hardest difficulty if you want your 'survival' game to not be a walk in the park.

*-Looks like the Amazon version uses UPlay only, since there's no mention of Steam on the page.