Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Fuckin steam, i forgot i bought deus ex human revolution eons ago during a sale and just started playing it. Holy shit its good.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
DE:HR I went stealth and shit, no real offensive skills and the first boss wastes me in melee. I suck at learning his pattern too, one hit kills me. Annoying, no fun. Killed it for me, bought after launch of the dlc. I should probably YouTube this shit. How are you doing, Rombo?

Citz

Silver Squire
DE:HR I went stealth and shit, no real offensive skills and the first boss wastes me in melee. I suck at learning his pattern too, one hit kills me. Annoying, no fun. Killed it for me, bought after launch of the dlc. I should probably YouTube this shit. How are you doing, Rombo?
I had the same problem at the first boss because I went all stealth with no weapon. Fortunately, I had remote explosives on me. Threw 2 on the ground, waited for him to step on it. Boom, dead.

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
I played the shit out of DE:HR for a good ~10 hours and then just stopped...actually don't remember why I stopped, maybe I should pick it back up and finish it, although I don't really remember much about it anymore. Also, I hear the ending is complete trash so maybe it's better I don't actually finish it...

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Director's cut is much better, it has more ways to kill the bosses instead of just shooting them in the face.

Elerion

N00b
DE:HR was great. I did put some points in combat skills alongside the stealth, so I didn't have big issues with the bosses.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea i also mixed stealth / combat skills. I sneak into a base until i go hulk-rage and just matrix my way down like Neo would. I also bought the missing link DLC, heard its pretty good.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Director's cut is much better, it has more ways to kill the bosses instead of just shooting them in the face.
For some reason, they built Director's cut using an earlier version of the base game so there can be some bugs/glitches that aren't present in the base game anymore. I've heard mixed things because of it, for some people DC is essentially unplayable, for others it's fine.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
DC removes piss yellow fullscreen filter (BY FAR the best change they made), makes you have to pick up some of the cheater DLC items, integrates* Missing Link into the main plot where it belongs, and the boss fights are marginally improved. The bosses still suck though, except for #4 which was already pretty cool in the original game (hint: bring a laser rifle). In exchange, it removes several patches' worth of bug fixes because the game is basically a port of the WiiU version and not really an enhanced version of original PC game. It also makes the game extremely easy, due to getting so many praxis kits after Missing Link that you can max out everything from that point on. You also have to play on the hardest difficulty--which you should anyway as both the original and DC are sorely lacking in challenge--to get rid of the game-breaking two-cell recharge.

Avoid the DC at all costs imo, the trade off is not at all worth it.

* - "Integrates" used very loosely here. It's not really any different than getting to that part, quitting DXHR and loading up Missing Link and playing through it before returning to the main game. The difference is you get a bunch of extra praxis points at the end in the DC, which as I mentioned above just trivializes an already easy game even further. The DLC still functions the same as before, in that you wake up with no augs and have to get them back and then when you finish it you basically have to respec Jensen before continuing on in Panchaea (with a bunch more points to spend).

Vorph

Are Liberation or the AC4 DLC any good? I've got the rest of the series already (and someday I might actually slog through the rest of Revelations shitfest and then 3 so I can finally play 4).

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Wish those had gone on sale in Steam instead, not that they haven't before or anything. Really I just want a legit copy and then to be able to import a saved game that is 100% complete to update my Assassin's Profile since the cracked version's won't work obviously.

spronk

FPS noob
Are Liberation or the AC4 DLC any good? I've got the rest of the series already (and someday I might actually slog through the rest of Revelations shitfest and then 3 so I can finally play 4).
ac4 dlc is good but short, i wouldn't pay more than $5 for it. liberation is not, it starts out as sort of an interesting story about slavery and females but they ran out of money or something and it just goes to crap halfway through, with a total rush job in the last half.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
I missed the summer sale for Arma 3. Does anyone know of an alternative place to get a US copy? Really not feeling the $60 on steam right now.

Vorph

Short of rolling the dice and buying it from some shady key reseller site, you're out of luck. ARMA3 is only officially sold directly through Steam.

Vorph

Get you ready for Witcher 3 coming out in Feb (I think?).
End of Feb, assuming they don't delay it again.

Owning Witcher 1 & 2 on GOG gets you 20% off 3 also. And anyone pre-ordering TW3 should definitely get it through GOG so that CDPR gets all the money instead of giving 30% to Steam.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
End of Feb, assuming they don't delay it again.

Owning Witcher 1 & 2 on GOG gets you 20% off 3 also. And anyone pre-ordering TW3 should definitely get it through GOG so that CDPR gets all the money instead of giving 30% to Steam.
If I already didnt own 1+2 on steam I might have done that to support them. But pre-ordering 3 for $35 elsewhere is just to good.

Vorph

$35 where? GMG and GameFly aren't authorized to sell it, Amazon hasn't gone below $60, Steam hasn't gone below $54, etc.