Steam Deals and Digital Sales

spronk

FPS noob
wolf TNO for $24 is a great deal, PC port is good and game is very good (82 metacritic) although there is only single player campaign, no MP mode or DLCs (which is a good thing imo)

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Also noticed that the new Atlus game Abyss Odyssey in on sale at Humblebundle for 10 bucks. Only 4 hours left on that
I bought it on Steam the other day while it was still $10 there. The game looks great and I love the graphical style, but I do not like the gameplay at all. If you're expecting a Metroidvania-style 2D platformer, stay FAR away. The combat is like something ripped out of a fighting game, and feels completely out of place and clunky as hell in a game like this. It's also extremely short and I'm of the opinion that the procedurally generated levels do not create enough variety to give it much replay value.

Oh well, lesson learned. I've really got to stop breaking my rule of always downloading from usenet first instead of just buying blind. (There's also a trial on PSN too for those not inclined to get the PC "demo". I assume it's an hour like usual, and it's easy to decide whether you like or hate the gameplay in Abyss Odyssey in the first 20 minutes.)

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Abyss Odyssey is sort of a rogue-like with Smash Bros. controls where you unlock more characters and such, and considering it said in the description there were random levels, not sure why anyone would expect Metroidvania since those two things are largely incompatible
tongue.png

I picked it up before launch and haven't had a chance to play it yet, but overall reactions I've seen have been positive but not perfect.

Edit: It's also not an Atlus game, they just published it. It's an ACE game.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Didn't say *I* expected that, just telling anyone who might that they should write it off immediately if they think it's going to be anything like other indies of that type (Dust, Valdis Story, etc.). I expected a rogue-lite in the same vein as Rogue Legacy or Risk of Rain, but it fell vastly short of that mark and the only thing I like about it are the graphics. Maybe if they unfuck the controls it would be a fun game, but that won't fix how short it is or how bland the levels their procedural algorithm creates are.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Anyone wanna trade me a pile of steam trading cards for a copy of payday 2? Don't much care what cards they are, but I've gotten it in my head to start crafting badges for some reason.

spronk

FPS noob
if you're one of the 8 people left on the planet who doesn't own skyrim $11 for legendary edition (all DLCs). good game, insanely great game once you install some mods
GameFly Digital

use coupon code JUL20OFF for 20% off (works on other games too)

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Anacrhonox was/is a great game as well. Would love an updated sequel to it.

spronk

FPS noob
buy ps4 version of injustice for $8.40 can remote play on vita, all batman related games (lego arkham etc) on sale on PSN and greenmangaming.com

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
Anyone wanna trade me a pile of steam trading cards for a copy of payday 2? Don't much care what cards they are, but I've gotten it in my head to start crafting badges for some reason.
If you can hold out long enough, it's better to stockpile cards for holiday sales to craft the special cards. That's my plan at least.