Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I caught the DLC before the price was adjusted again. I'm glad I wasn't the only person who was able to take advantage of of the error.

I actually think I got a few games this sale from pricing errors. Are they common?
I've seen a lot of errors where it took them an hour or longer to correctly adjust the price down when something went on 48 hr or flash sale, this and the bethesda package are the only ones I heard of this year where they over-discounted it.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
cheapest places to get Sleeping Dogs and Hotline Miami? and which would you guys get if you only grabbed one? I'm worried my old ass 8800GTS can't handle Dogs the way it should be

Orcus_sl

shitlord
I bought a lot of games this year, but I bought ones that most of you have had for two years now.
Me too, kind of a round-out-my-collection sale, but I got some good prices. A few of these I played on xbox but wanted a pc version (ME1 and ME2). Dark Souls and ME3 were the only real must-haves, the rest just got so low pricewise I snatched them up.

Batman Arkham City GOTY: $5
Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY: $5
Mass Effect: $5
Mass Effect 2 Digital Deluxe: $5
Hotline Miami: $2.50
KOTOR II: $2.50
The Binding of Isaac: $1.50
Dead Island GOTY: $6
Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition: $13
Deus Ex:HR all DLC: $5 or something
Just Cause 2: $3.75
Mass Effect 3 Digital Deluxe: $15

Azziane_sl

shitlord
How long has steam allowed to choose install drives/paths? I just had to reinstall XCOM and noticed I can installed on different drives. Is that new or did I plain miss the feature for years?

Stillborn_sl

shitlord
I saw a lot of the sale "adjustment forgotten" errors as well this year.

As for the "over-discounted" errors, they usually have one or two of them every winter/summer sale. Sleeping Dogs was the only one I was aware of this year, until Gav mentioned the Bethesda package error.

Lodor_sl

shitlord
Anyone see a GMG discount code that is higher than their basic 20% off one from the main page of their site?

Seems the 30% one expired on the 3rd.

Silence_sl

shitlord
Official support is fairly recent, you used to have to do some symlink trickery beforehand iirc.
Yeah, or do what I've done since forever is just run the exe from the Steam folder. I haven't installed the Steam client in years. Though these days it wants to enable steam service on a fresh OS install.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I picked up Chivalry, I rock with the ballista, really pisses people off when they explode to death out of no where.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wound up picking a number of titles that I never got around to in the past. I do agree though that Steam didn't have the 'blow you away' sale prices that their competitors had. The best pack was probably the THQ pack and that was probably undercut by Humble Bundle a week earlier.

Dragon's Age: Origins Ultimate Edition
Tropico 4
Recettear
Torchlight II
Sleeping Dogs

The irony is I received Skyrim for Christmas and I've been only playing that since.

Malkav

French Madman
Damn it, the UPlay shit from UbiSoft is just so gay.

Had to activate AC3 on it (got the code with my new graphic card) and damn I wish I got a Steam code instead.

Grabbed the Hidden Secrets DLC and fucking had to download an .exe, install it, and then enter a fucking key in game to activate it. What is this? The fucking Dark Ages?

Replaying through the whole AC collection on Steam Big Picture on my TV right now, and I absolutely despise knowing that I'll have to switch to Uplay for AC3.

Dis

Confirmed Male
Bought the THQ collection (so many games for 25 bucks, no idea if I will ever have time or want to play them all), Walking Dead, Dead Island, XCOM, and Witcher 2. I think total cost to me was 50 bucks for everything, maybe just a shade over $50. Feel like I got a good deal, and something to occupy my time now that football season is almost over, and when the kiddos go to sleep.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
New Ubisoft games on Steam still use Uplay. I got Far Cry 3 last month with my new gpu and was annoyed that it was a Uplay code, but then I found it that it didn't matter because Steam just launches Uplay anyway. Big Picture gets broken either way if you use it, and all you really lose out on is the Steam overlay.

Malkav

French Madman
New Ubisoft games on Steam still use Uplay. I got Far Cry 3 last month with my new gpu and was annoyed that it was a Uplay code, but then I found it that it didn't matter because Steam just launches Uplay anyway. Big Picture gets broken either way if you use it, and all you really lose out on is the Steam overlay.
Yeah realized that when I started AC2 tonight. Even AC2 launches uplay via Steam and break ig Picture. What a piece of shit.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
This sale season I bought SimCity 4 (never played it before), Ys Origin, Walking Dead, and Quantum Conundrum. I've played about 15 hours of Sim City, 1 hr of Ys, and enough Walking Dead to beat the first act.

Ys is unplayable without a game pad. Walking Dead is alright, but I didn't realize it was one of those Sam and Max type games. I can't seem to get into any game. I'm craving a true adventure RPG like there's no tomorrow. Ys is too action-oriented it feels like. Sadly my computer blows too much to play Dark Souls.

There is no purpose to this post.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I ended up buying THQ Pack, The Walking Dead, Max Payne Trilogy, Gal Civ collection, Borderlands 2 Season Pass, Dear Esther and Psychonauts.

I will probably finish two of these games in the next five years.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ys is unplayable without a game pad. Walking Dead is alright, but I didn't realize it was one of those Sam and Max type games. I can't seem to get into any game. I'm craving a true adventure RPG like there's no tomorrow. Ys is too action-oriented it feels like. Sadly my computer blows too much to play Dark Souls.

I got a wired Xbox 360 controller off ebay for like $18 and it's probably the best gaming-related purchase I've ever made. I thought I would use it for like one game, but I use it constantly. I wound up getting a wireless receiver for the PC too just so we could play some multiplayer stuff as well with the controllers I already had.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
This sale season I bought SimCity 4 (never played it before), Ys Origin, Walking Dead, and Quantum Conundrum. I've played about 15 hours of Sim City, 1 hr of Ys, and enough Walking Dead to beat the first act.

Fallout Vegas? Possibly the best Adventure RPG I've played ever.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Vv
PC version has a high-res texture pack (which is rare) and full controller support. Play it on the PC with an X360 controller, that's what I'm going to do once all the DLC bullshit comes out and there's a full Steam sale with everything included.
Yeah love that setup too.

Fallout Vegas? Possibly the best Adventure RPG I've played ever.
Good man. I look forward to doing the Boston trek and posting those Real life pics too.

Everyone knows how I feel about that game. About to start my 5th game After I wrap up Dragonborn
smile.png

/em adjusts his NCR trucker hat

Numbers_sl

shitlord
Very true - these comprise most of my purchases and enjoyment from Steam. From Terraria to Amnesia.
I do the same thing. I love trying out new games from indie developers. Last year or the year before, I even bought a bunch of little find-the-item picture games on a whim.