Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
For asshole companies like Capcom or Sega, it's actually the only way for me to get a key for their games, since they refuse to let people buy their game on PC in Japan.

spronk

FPS noob
the new humble bundle is great if you don't own civ games, at least $1 if you don't own xcom/civ3/pirates
Humble Firaxis Bundle (pay what you want and help charity)

$1 tier:
XCOM: Enemy Unknown (89)
Sid Meier's Pirates! (88)
Ace Patrol Bundle (71/59)
Sid Meier's Civ III (90)

Beat the Average Tier ($7.xx)
Civ IV complete (94)
Civ V (90)
Sid Meier's Starships (75)
XCOM: Enemy Within (expansion) (92)
XCOM: Enemy Unknown - elite soldier pack
XCOM: Enemy Unknown - Slingshot Pack
More coming soon: list is 99% likely going to be
X-COM: Terror from the Deep
X-COM: Apocalypse
X-COM: Interceptor
X-COM: UFO Defense
X-COM: Enforcer
Sid Meier's Civilization V: Scrambled Continents Map Pack
Sid Meier's Civilization V: Scrambled Nations Map Pack

$15 tier
Sid Meier's Civ: Beyond Earth (81)
Sid Meier's Civ: Beyond Earth - Exoplanets Map Pack
33% coupon for Beyond Earth - Rising Tide DLC

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Pirates! is one of my favorite games of all time. I played the hell out of the original on my dad's Tandy, played the hell out Pirates! Gold when it came out, and I bought the modern remake on release day. Ballroom dancing was so fun, I romanced my way across the Caribbean and didn't settle for the fat governors' daughters.

If you've never played it, throw in a dollar just for Pirates!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Heh, I remember having a Pirates mini-tournament at a lan party a couple years after it came out, 4 people. There were victory points or some kind of score in that game and we were playing first person to 50 or something like that. Anyway I was behind the whole time, they were laughing at me every time we called out our scores, then all of the sudden I won. IIRC I had been romancing my way across the Caribbean while they were busy pirating.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Bionic Dues is free on the humble store. Its a very fun mech rougelike game. I played a fair amount of it in the past. It's worth the purchase price.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
More good games than you can shake a stick at. Sadly I just can't bring myself to download and install any of the Stalker stuff. Heard it's really very good.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
not a sale but a really interesting read from a dev on how shit went wrong with a new indie title, really gets deep into the financials of indie pc development. x-post if you can to the dev/serious forums, i don't really go into those sub forums. if you ever wanted to make your own indie game, probably worth a read
Great work on Starward Rogue, team! Now you? | Arcen Games
I'm genuinely surprised at the surprise. This has been going on for ages even with successful franchises like Borderlands. It's a good read to be sure but "gaming" jobs have seen as sharp a decline as lawyers. It's not as simple as "Hey this is a rockstar job where you can make bank!" and 5-15 years later you see a 45000% increase in applicants in the field. But it does have a lot to do with it... Industries tend to sort themselves out with oversight and the gaming industry isn't suffering anything we haven't seen before in other fields. But yeah, people should read articles like that more often rather than the ID Software articles on the 90s when it was all Lambos and whores.

Anyway, sorry. I'll be back on subject when the sales start again.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Uplay is the worst.
frown.png