Steam Deals and Digital Sales

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
I have been so bored I have been playing skyrim out of spite. I don't know if its because I have been so tired and my head has been so muddled, but I really can't get into anything. I have sleeping dogs and witcher 3 , Saints row 4 and about 150 not beat games in my steam queue waiting. Although I am waiting on Witcher 3 for another video card. I have quit on Divinity, Wasteland 2 and Fallout 4 recently. I am perplexed and I am really looking for new fun blood.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
One of my favorite games of the last decade, personally.

It wasn't perfect but nothing is. This one is getting some pretty good reviews.

radditsu

I loved the look of the cities, but they could have been, bigger? I also had a build where fighting that Big dude was next to impossible. Then I absolutely wrecked the next boss. I May need to go back through with the directors cut.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
They'll be bigger this time around. Lotta of content got cut from the first game.

Its worth another play through, but some bugs from the original game are included and were never patched in the directors cut

tera

Lord Nagafen Raider

I've played the original many times. So many different play styles and decisions to make. I've even played though IW maybe 4 times. DX:HR, the first play though was pretty solid (stealth kill everyone), but trying to play even a second time was just boring and felt useless. Personally, I'm not interested in the series anymore.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I have been so bored I have been playing skyrim out of spite. I don't know if its because I have been so tired and my head has been so muddled, but I really can't get into anything. I have sleeping dogs and witcher 3 , Saints row 4 and about 150 not beat games in my steam queue waiting. Although I am waiting on Witcher 3 for another video card. I have quit on Divinity, Wasteland 2 and Fallout 4 recently. I am perplexed and I am really looking for new fun blood.

Sounds like you just don't want to spend the time learning new games. I say that because I found FO4 to be practically Skyrim with guns (and a more intriguing setting).

Sometimes I get in a mode where I can't bring myself to play new campaign/single player games, and that's usually when I fill the void with an MMO. As I am right now with Legion nearing.

If you haven't played Shadow of Mordor, I'd recommend that. Nothing complicated or complex, just something fun to run around and kill shit. Or something similar to an Uncharted.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I've played the original many times. So many different play styles and decisions to make. I've even played though IW maybe 4 times. DX:HR, the first play though was pretty solid (stealth kill everyone), but trying to play even a second time was just boring and felt useless. Personally, I'm not interested in the series anymore.

Hardcore old school fanboy of an older title doesn't enjoy new, modern take on one of his favored classical franchises.

News at 11!

tera

Lord Nagafen Raider
Hardcore old school fanboy of an older title doesn't enjoy new, modern take on one of his favored classical franchises.

News at 11!
I don't know dude, sounds like you might be the fanboi here. Maybe if you try harder Alex Jensen will congratulate you in his hard core raspy voice.
We know that there is no way the HR was a flawed and mediocre game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
"I"M NOT A FANBOY YOU ARE"
"NO U!"

K.

Or you could just like stop bitching about stupid shit, and enjoy video games for what they are: Entertainment.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Bandai Namco running a sale on their website stuff, notably Tales of Zestiria is 84% off and you can add a 15% coupon on top to bring down the price to 6.80$. Coupon is BNE15OFF. They give steam keys to redeem, have to register an account on their website but not stupid client or whatever, so doesn't take long. Game wasn't great from all I've read, but for that price it's not a bad deal I'd say. Grab the 60FPS fix on steam too(can find it on community

Direct link: Tales of Zestiria (Steam Key) | Bandai Namco Store

• 1Like

jsquirrel

Molten Core Raider
Why should we buy it, mr. 1 post?
Ah, well, not many modern games like this. If you liked the old Dungeon Master, Eye of the Beholder, or Might & Magic games (or Legend of Grimrock) this one might be interesting too! (Plus it's a decent sale.)

• 1Like

radditsu

Sounds like you just don't want to spend the time learning new games. I say that because I found FO4 to be practically Skyrim with guns (and a more intriguing setting).

Sometimes I get in a mode where I can't bring myself to play new campaign/single player games, and that's usually when I fill the void with an MMO. As I am right now with Legion nearing.

If you haven't played Shadow of Mordor, I'd recommend that. Nothing complicated or complex, just something fun to run around and kill shit. Or something similar to an Uncharted.
Humble Bundle has The Fall of the Dungeon Guardians for $7.99 (60% off, new low) for another 19 hours or so. This is an indie RTwP dungeon crawler.

I hated it. But I didn't play it for very long. Unoptimized and had a real hard time liking the button smashy combined with grid system.

It was a worse Might and Magic X and Grimrock

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
It was recommend in another thread and I picked it up. Not bad, some good nostalgia. On vacation and don't have my arcade stick or controller so the keyboard controls were kind of not the best for enjoyment.

jsquirrel

Molten Core Raider
I hated it. But I didn't play it for very long. Unoptimized and had a real hard time liking the button smashy combined with grid system.

It was a worse Might and Magic X and Grimrock

I can see how it'd get annoying going through the same rotations over and over for the four characters, with the game essentially forcing you to be an MMO hotbar clicker.