Steam Deals and Digital Sales

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
I'm mad at the world and so I log into Steam to burn some off.

I realized why I clicked the x at the top-right on Steam last time, several months ago. They need a "No, I am not paying to play your alpha. Get fucked." filter.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Shit is a disease.

I love Steam. It is the hub of my video game life. But this alpha-beta shit is everywhere.

Build a chair. Sell me the chair. Don't ask me to crowdfund the left lower rail. Get off your ass and make something. Then....... sell it to me.

I'm fine with that. But you gotta make it first.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Shit is a disease.

I love Steam. It is the hub of my video game life. But this alpha-beta shit is everywhere.

Build a chair. Sell me the chair. Don't ask me to crowdfund the left lower rail. Get off your ass and make something. Then....... sell it to me.

I'm fine with that. But you gotta make it first.

I don't mind early access, just buyer beware. The only game from early access I've bought that I felt just totally burned on was

And that was one of the earliest.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Whatever this Steam integration is, sadly Steam is blocked at work so I just see lots of empty space :p

I don't think I've been burned on a Kickstarter or EA so far but I'm sure it'll happen sometime. Hyper Light Drifter, Empyrion, Prison Architect, Kerbal, just some of the solid ones off the top of my head. I get people not wanting to play a game in EA though, with limited play time you want to play it when it's finished. There's a couple games where I buy the EA cheap and then don't touch it until release.

Wrathin3L

Peasant
I've had one game on my wishlist for 3 years - it's been early access the entire time. That is why most people hate EA. There's too many games that never escape and some that are down right money traps. The second longest was 2.5 years and it only just recently released.

I'm fine beta testing a game with an imminent release, but I'm not financing a game with no promise of release in the next decade.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Whether something is technically in EA or not is irrelevant at this point. There are games that label themselves "Early Access" that are far more complete than games that get released. Just like buying any game, you have to evaluate it on a case-by-case basis. If you wouldn't play it in it's current state, don't buy it. If you would, buy it. Kickstarter is more of a gamble but I've picked well so far. Anyone that bought into Mighty No. 9 obviously has every right to be pissed

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Games that stay in EA but get updated regularly are what you want.

What you don't want are games who stay in EA and never get updated, or games that get sent to live without being completed and the devs run off with their monies.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
tumblr_nehei182Ji1s8y1hoo2_400.gif

Pay it forward. I got these up for grabs:
1 x Orcs Must Die! 2: Complete Pack Claimed by SorrowsEnd.
1 x Orcs Must Die! GOTY

First come, first serve - post here and then send me a pm so I don't forget.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
If it is still up for grabs I'd love to pick Orcs Must Die 2.

The first one was pretty fun. Hopefully the 2nd is enjoyable as well.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Damn, I was hoping the deal on Neptunia V-II would be better than that since it's been as low as $15 on PSN.

Picked up SOMA instead. It's on sale at Steam for $12, which is a new low for it.

Sulrn

Deuces
Humble Bundle is running the Company of Heroes anniversary bundle. For $10 you get all 5 factions for CoH2, both campaigns, the DLC missions and CoH1.

If you like WW2/RTS'S you should consider this bundle seriously and jump into the online scene on CoH2 or install it then turn around and hit the workshop for Spearhead Combat overhaul.

No better way to jump into what I consider the best RTS since SC:Brood Wars and discover your love:hate relationship with Relic.