Steam Deals and Digital Sales

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

spronk

FPS noob
Anyone have dishonored 2? Is it any good, not sure if $20 is worth it or not.
But dead cells is my all-star of this sale.

its ok. there are some good levels, like the time skipping mansion stuff, but the story and bad guy are pretty terrible and the game is one of those you play, sorta enjoy, and 100% forget within 2 weeks. i finished the game on ps4 and don't really remember a whole lot other than the mansion level.

if you played D1 and REALLY liked it, then sure pick up D2 its more of the same, a little less complicated (which imo is bad), not as good a story, but same art style, world building, etc.
If you haven't played D1 I wouldn't bother with D2 now, just pick up a cheap ass copy of D1 (hell, can even get it free from a friend since copies of D2 came with free copies of D1) and play through that and see if you like it.

On the list of story games that came out in 2016 it would be near the bottom of my list.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
dishonered is like 3-4 bucks on amazon right now. I just got Assasins Creed: Black Flag for 10 bucks. Fun game so far.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
You haven't played Black Flag yet? Yeah awesome game.

I am with Spronk on the dishonored series. Except it bored me to tears.

Picked up MGS5:pP on the cheap this sale even though I already have it for PS4. Looks SO much better. And I never got around to playing a lot of PP on my PS4. Also hauled in Stellaris which I haven't played yet, and then started playing Xcom 2 finally. Between these three, Witcher 3 I STILL need to finish, Persona 5 which I will probably be playing forever, and a few others, I am set for a while.

Wasn't overly impressed with the sale. I may have bitten on Prey for PC had the price been 9.99.

Last edited:

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Eh, the story parts of Black Flag are the same old rehashed bullshit.

Free roaming piracy, on the other hand, is fucking amazing.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah that is kinda where I was going with that one. Story was meh. Sailing around being a pirate though was fantastic.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I snagged Darkest Dungeon, and I love it! I fuckin swear that I make no mistakes on boss fights, and I STILL potentially can lose a guy. Shit is unforgiving as fuck.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Dishonored is a game I don't understand the love for on various gaming communities. I thought the game was atrocious start to whenever I stopped playing. I don't think I ever actually enjoyed myself playing it. Story, "combat" and level design I've all seen done elsewhere and better.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I'm sorta surprised by the gap in opinions for the people who have played Dishonored. People usually really dislike it, or find it to be a really good game. I really enjoyed the first, and will probably play the 2nd eventually (tried originally, but the pc version was a mess at launch).

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's a particular type of game. Basically same concept as the Thief series. I liked the world and some of the gameplay but I found a lot of it tedious as well.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's nothing like Thief though. Garrett is a wuss who can't fight his way out of a wet paper sack if you break stealth. Corvo (and Emily, especially) are the exact opposite of that and I constantly wondered why the fuck I was bothering to sneak around at all when I could just kill everything in sight with ease. I guess there's some challenge to be had if you can force yourself to play the game without killing anyone, but there's absolutely no way I could ever suspend disbelief on the idea that either of these characters wouldn't kill everyone who dared cross them. I do tend to "spare" the bosses though, as the outcomes there generally are of the "fate worse than death" variety.

Dishonored is a strange series. I very much want to like it, but I just don't. I could maybe get past the gameplay complaints but the chaos system is even worse, and Dishonored 2's version of it is just as bad as the original. In the end, the only things I really like about them are the art style and the setting.

Siliconemelons

Picked up the newest RPGMaker MV package for 45$ - been waiting for it to go on sale :)

Now to start on that project!

• 1Solidarity

Raign

Golden Squire
Some guy on Reddit made a site that helps you pick what to buy/ play on steam. Solves a couple of the annoying issues with Steams native game suggestion engine.

Here

• 1Like

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I liked Dishonored, but I feel like quicksave sort of ruined it. If you had to live with your actions unless you wanted to redo the level, the choices would have much more impact, the Daud DLC for the first one was amazing though and I loved the final boss battle in there.

I'll pick up DH2 in a year or so.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
So I bought shovel Knight last year but finally got a steam link and this thing was made for this game. Absolutely love this game.

Anything similar I should look at? (Retro platformer/metroidvania)

Poin Dexter

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I picked up Wolfenstein TNO. There are a few things I dislike (like not being able to open and close doors once they are opened, and lockers cannot be opened).

Now the story and overall gameplay? Best game I have played in a while. Nice to see they finally improved on my first childhood FPS.