Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Oldbased

> Than U
I've considered Sheltered since it is under $4 and I liked This war of mine. The rest of this years sale to me is mostly meh. Hell I still have a few dozen games I've never installed.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I've considered Sheltered since it is under $4 and I liked This war of mine. The rest of this years sale to me is mostly meh. Hell I still have a few dozen games I've never installed.

Yeah me too. Along with like 6 games I am in the middle of playing. So it goes!

goishen

Macho Ma'am
BTW, I have the original Tomb Raider just sitting there, if anybody wants it just message me.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
There should be a way to filter OUT Early Access games from my Steam search/sale window/whatever.
It isn't a complete solution since it only customizes your queue, but if you click on STORE in the Steam app and select Explore, there is a button to Customize your queue. That will let you deselect Early Access games from showing up there at least. Beyond that, I'm not sure of a way to just block them completely from the main page.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Picked up $50 in games. Playing Dishonored 2 now. Won't be getting more though as I have a ton of shit to playthrough for the foreseeable future.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
So offtopic question, is Electronic Arts so irrelevant now that when people see EA they think Early Access instead?

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Not for me. Madden is why I still own consoles and I get more from Origin and EA Access than I probably do from Steam sales.

• 1Picard

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I think it's about the context of where EA is being talked about, since we're in the Steam deals and digital sales thread.

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I think it's about the context of where EA is being talked about, since we're in the Steam deals and digital sales thread.

Agree. I replied in the context of being caught up w/ threads and only reading that last one on it's own. My bad.

Rime

<Donor>
Picked up the Cities: Skylines transportation DLC, Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword, and Wolfenstein: The New Order. Did not pull the trigger on any of the early access games that I am following, could not bring myself to do so.

Hex

Lord Nagafen Raider
There should be a way to filter OUT Early Access games from my Steam search/sale window/whatever.

There is a way at least for the sale/store front, not sure about search.:
pH93JRG.jpg

LViMObn.jpg

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
First time I've actually bought more that one thing during a Steam sale in like 2-3 years. Ended up getting Oxenfree, Hard West+DLC, Grim Dawn DLC, Dead Cells, Ori and the Blind Forest, Hollow Knight, and Salt & Sanctuary for about $60. Only disappointment is Hard West. The game itself is great, sort of like a Western version of XCOM without the base building and sucking up to countries parts that I hate, but the fact that each scenario is essentially a fresh start ruins it. Should probably have gotten Shadow Tactics (fantastic game if you like old school Commandos/Desperados style strategy) instead, but it wasn't enough of a discount and I think I'd rather play it in a month on PS4 anyway.

Last edited:

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Anyone have dishonored 2? Is it any good, not sure if $20 is worth it or not.

But dead cells is my all-star of this sale.

Last edited:

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I was confused on the dead cells dlc since I thought it just left greenlight but it seems the dlc is just the ost

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, I meant Hard West+DLC not Dead Cells. Dead Cells is indeed a great game, but I think I'll wait until it's complete to put more time into it. Already got about 16 hours in the current version though, so it's worth picking up now for sure.

Edit: Anyone with a Steam Link have success playing games like the metroidvanias I listed above? I've barely used mine because it has a Steam controller--which I despise more than I thought possible to hate a piece of hardware--connected to it, but I'm thinking I'd like swap it out for one of my DS4s to play those games on it if the latency (all wired ethernet) won't make them unplayable. Dead Cells is the only one I've played much so far and I think even the slightest amount of input lag would completely ruin it.

Last edited:

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Yeah, I meant Hard West+DLC not Dead Cells. Dead Cells is indeed a great game, but I think I'll wait until it's complete to put more time into it. Already got about 16 hours in the current version though, so it's worth picking up now for sure.

Edit: Anyone with a Steam Link have success playing games like the metroidvanias I listed above? I've barely used mine because it has a Steam controller--which I despise more than I thought possible to hate a piece of hardware--connected to it, but I'm thinking I'd like swap it out for one of my DS4s to play those games on it if the latency (all wired ethernet) won't make them unplayable. Dead Cells is the only one I've played much so far and I think even the slightest amount of input lag would completely ruin it.

I've been playing Hyper Light Drifter with no issues or lag. Just make sure it's a wired connection and crank the bandwidth setting to max.

HLD is very timing related game and I haven't noticed any issues.