Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
witcher 3 GOTY w/ all DLCs is 50% off on steam, if you haven't played it... you have wasted your life
Franchise - the Witcher
Oh was about to post that, finished the game I was currently playing and wandered off the store page and noticed it, it's an historical new low price so figured I'd grab it since it was on my backlog.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Link is 15 bucks...Is this worth it?

Fuck yeah it is, that thing is amazing and I'm honestly surprised you don't have it. If you want to do gaming from the couch with a controller for games like Tomb Raider, Wticher 3, Etc then this thing is a must.

I ditched my XB1 and went with this thing due to cost savings alone.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Link is 15 bucks...Is this worth it?

If you have a recent Samsung UHD TV there is also a Steam Link app, so you don't even need the box. Just have your TV on home network and it'll work the same. Mine actually works better than the damn physical Steam Link.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Fuck yeah it is, that thing is amazing and I'm honestly surprised you don't have it. If you want to do gaming from the couch with a controller for games like Tomb Raider, Wticher 3, Etc then this thing is a must.

I ditched my XB1 and went with this thing due to cost savings alone.

Snagged one. Thx for reply.

• 1Like

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Only issue I have with it is that your PC has to be unlocked in order to play. If it's set to idle off or you step away and it locks, your TV link is severed.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I played shovel Knight on it and love the steam link. Just used one of my old PS3 controller (Bluetooth capable)

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I'm assuming PS4 controllers work for steam link also and I won't need their Steam controller?

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm assuming PS4 controllers work for steam link also and I won't need their Steam controller?
Works just fine. Although sometimes, in my experience, it can be a pain in the ass to re-pair them to your ps4.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Cool, ordered it. I've got two PS4 controllers and only use one so I can just keep one as a Link controller or something.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Works just fine. Although sometimes, in my experience, it can be a pain in the ass to re-pair them to your ps4.
Yeah I have the same issue, have to let them go into sleep mode for like 2-3mins before you can use them on the PS4 again. Bit annoying if you're trying to switch quickly from one to the other but most of the time doesn't really matter.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I guesss I need to step up my game to a wireless controller, I'm still using a wired 360 controller.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I guesss I need to step up my game to a wireless controller, I'm still using a wired 360 controller.
I'm usually using my DS4 wired, but it does the same shit wired anyway. If it's wired to my PC, then I unplug it and plug it on my PS4, it'll still not pick it up unless I let it go into sleep mode or whatever first. Even though it's wired directly to the console, which is weird really. Shit doesn't happen much though, I usually only play one game at a time so it's wired to either, but back when I played DFO(korean 2d brawler mmo) I had it wired to my PC constantly but sometimes took breaks playing PS4 games and it was annoying then.

Probably gonna pick a new pad anyway, still not sure if I should pick something different just for PC gaming or another DS4 so I can also use it on my PS4 without using the old one which has some wonky buttons now(had to change the Dpad already but some stuff looks a bit fucked).

Sulrn

Deuces
Probably gonna pick a new pad anyway, still not sure if I should pick something different just for PC gaming or another DS4 so I can also use it on my PS4 without using the old one which has some wonky buttons now(had to change the Dpad already but some stuff looks a bit fucked).

Native PC support for the superior wireless controller (XBox) is hard to beat.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
TcO2Bul.png

Inching (More like rushing thanks to Steam Direct) ever closer to breaking that 20k barrier

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Tyranny is 50% off on Steam for a weekend sale, heard pretty good things about the game: The Archon edition with the soundtracks is only 1euro more(60% off compared to 50%) so that's nice, although obviously you can probably find the soundtracks somewhere else.

It seems to be the new historical low for this game.

Rime

<Donor>
Tyranny was a good enough game, but it REALLY feels like it was cut short? They obviously leave a lot of room for DLC/Expansion/Sequel, as they cut you off when some stuff starts to get really good.