Steam Deals and Digital Sales

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Sulrn

Deuces
Tyranny was a good enough game, but it REALLY feels like it was cut short? They obviously leave a lot of room for DLC/Expansion/Sequel, as they cut you off when some stuff starts to get really good.

Look at the developer and all things shall be revealed.

Rime

<Donor>
MmmHm. But it was abrupt. Even for Obsidian.

Tides of Numenaria sucked.

I have high hopes for Divinity Original Sin 2.

Oldbased

> Than U
Went to check out Humble deals and ran across The Walking Dead Season 1 was free for another day or so to pickup through humble.

Raign

Golden Squire
Darkest Dungeon is 11 bucks on steam for midweek madness. Excellent deal for anyone who doesn't already have that incredible game

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Darkest Dungeon is 11 bucks on steam for midweek madness. Excellent deal for anyone who doesn't already have that incredible game

Very tempted by this and by Dying Light and Starpoint Gemini: Warlords. Anyone played either of the latter two?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Dying Light was excellent on PS4, especially after the enhanced edition + The Following came out. Way better than Dead Island and its sequel. I recall hearing that the PC version was solid too.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
ended up passing on darkest dungeon but i picked up dying light and its a blast so far. thought the zombie genre was completely played out but i guess it still had some unlife left in it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Darkest dungeon has great art, great audio, pretty decent in-the-moment gameplay, but if I'm being honest, it's really just a tutorial for sociopathy. The sooner you quit looking at your little pawns as people, quit caring for them; and just treat them as easily broken, easily replaced cogs in YOUR master plan, the more successful you'll be at the game.

Not sure how I feel about that.

It's one thing to go all Blazkowicz on Nazi's, or even Carver/Unnamed/Brody/Ghale on Clearly violent Anti-you bad guys.

it's another to hire 4 level 0 dudes off a stagecoach, throw them into a dungeon with zero provisions, only recall them once people start dying, and then kick the ones that survive broken and insane to the curb while you count your loot; and then do that again and again for 15-60% of the game. :p

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Darkest dungeon has great art, great audio, pretty decent in-the-moment gameplay, but if I'm being honest, it's really just a tutorial for sociopathy. The sooner you quit looking at your little pawns as people, quit caring for them; and just treat them as easily broken, easily replaced cogs in YOUR master plan, the more successful you'll be at the game.

I’d say your feelings are pretty clear, heh.

• 1Worf

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider

It's one thing to go all Blazkowicz on Nazi's, or even Carver/Unnamed/Brody/Ghale on Clearly violent Anti-you bad guys.

it's another to hire 4 level 0 dudes off a stagecoach, throw them into a dungeon with zero provisions, only recall them once people start dying, and then kick the ones that survive broken and insane to the curb while you count your loot; and then do that again and again for 15-60% of the game. :p

That's the thing about the game I actually liked. Too many games present horrifying circumstances as if they are normal with no real impact on the characters.

Here the fragile nature of sanity is tested and the true monster that is killing everyone is greed.

You don't need to open any of the containers, but then you do, and the little animated people suffer for it.

The game is pretty much an analogue to the modern world. People with money and power consume the lives of those they hold influence over in order to gain more money and power.

And yet, it's mostly all consensual.

The people who obey believe they must in order to survive. Because knowing exactly how horrible and destructive a certain choice is, still feels safer than the unknown of real freedom.

In the end that's the only real choice we ever make in life. Do we become a cog, supporting the machinery of the existing world or do we become a wrench that disrupts it.

This game illustrates the potential dangers of simply living at the command of others.

• 1Like

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
How do the humble bundle things work? I've never really looked at them or anything but this Stardock one they're doing has some games I wouldn't mind giving a shot. Is it just steam keys for everything or no ties to steam or what?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
How do the humble bundle things work? I've never really looked at them or anything but this Stardock one they're doing has some games I wouldn't mind giving a shot. Is it just steam keys for everything or no ties to steam or what?

It should say. It has all been steam keys the times i have purchased.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I think there’s been 3 games in the last 1.5 yrs of Humble Monthly that were not steam keys.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Once in a rare while there will be a Playstation or Nintendo bundle, but the grand majority of Humble Bundles include Steam keys. You can see the Steam logo in the corner of each individual game listed.