Steam Deals and Digital Sales

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Some of these sales feel more like a usability test of interface ideas.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
First game that popped up was Astroneer for $7 off a $30 game. Uh, yeah. Steam sales fucking suck.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Astroneer is either still in early access or just went full release. Surprised it's on sale at all.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It just came out of early access. Around Christmas it'll see a bigger cut.

Rust is $8.74. That's an all-time low for it.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My wishlist so far: a bunch of really old games listed at full € 60 price with a 50% discount.

Awesome.

• 1Solidarity

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Jeez I bought rust like... 7? Years ago when it was in early Access. Doubt it's even the same game now.

Picked up Celeste, fractured but hole, borderlands handsome jack collection

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Sorry but once again not impressed at all. Have seen much better deals for most of these games via console. Odyssey should be 12 bucks by now. Seen it as low as 17 on Xbox and PS4.

Prices have gone up over the last three to four years prior and now stabilized at higher levels in the last year and change.

I remember buying two year old games for 80-90% off. Now you’re lucky to see those at 60%?

Weak as fuck.

• 1Truth!

Flight

Molten Core Raider
1. Check my wishlist, see a good discount on a game I want.
2. Google buy game key 'game'
3. See price much cheaper than Steam
4. Close Steam
5. Wait three months for next Steam sale

• 1Like

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
I just got another 35 Borderlands addons / DLC for 3.50 so that is nice.
Other than that, these survival MMO things seem to be all the rage and I almost bought Rust but then backed out because I'm old and my heart probably can't take the stress.

• 1Solidarity

Terial

Trakanon Raider
Yea, Rust has been on my wishlist for a while... but i'm kinda over it without even playing it. I've watched enough videos to know that it'll just frustrate the hell out of me.

• 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob
i spent a few minutes looking at the steam page and i guess for summer this year they are doing a pit stop/grand prix theme, you join a "team" (i joined team corgi because fuck yeah dogs) and then can either buy games or play a specific set of games (and earn achievements) to earn "tokens" and then you can spend tokens on this page
Steam Grand Prix - Pit Stop

on worthless digital shit like badges, backgrounds, emotes, etc. thats pretty much it as far as I can tell. pretty lame.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The profile rewards stuff has always been lame in my eyes, but they keep doing it so there must be a segment of the userbase that goes for that sort of thing.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I clicked on a team and then closed and didn't go any further. Seemed kinda dumb. But like you said must appeal to someone.

• 1Solidarity

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
The profile rewards stuff has always been lame in my eyes, but they keep doing it so there must be a segment of the userbase that goes for that sort of thing.

There is probably a shocking amount of those weirdos. The whole card thing *shudder*

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Amazon just went live and is destroying the price on all the digital steam PC games that are cross platform.

Never thought I would see the day where console games had better sales (Digitally and physical on various store platforms) than steam sales.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Bunch of stuff I had wishlisted went on sale today but they weren’t really anything outside of normal sale prices. Picked up Castle Crashers to play with my 4 yo son, wish it was on PS4 but whatever, just means I have to use cables for the controllers I guess.

Also picked up Prey for the Gods. Shadow of the colossus is one of favorite games and this is the only thing that looks like a successor to that.