Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I never bothered to get any of the Total War: Warhammer games.

is there any point in bothering with TW:W #1 and not going straight to #2? Or is it kind of like Bloodbowl 1 vs 2, where a lot of people wanted to stay with #1?

Rime

<Donor>
I grabbed Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark. Game is really fun. Like a slightly-more-modern Final Fantasy Tactics.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

is there any point in bothering with TW:W #1 and not going straight to #2? Or is it kind of like Bloodbowl 1 vs 2, where a lot of people wanted to stay with #1?

You'll need 1 if you want to play the races from it. Look for my posts near the end of one of the TW Warhammer threads for more info.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Reading the post on Steam apparently some people really got into the grand prix deal. I have no words.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

They’re like a continuation of each other so I think you just start with 1 and keep piling on the dlc and sequel.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
You'll need 1 if you want to play the races from it. Look for my posts near the end of one of the TW Warhammer threads for more info.
Went and looked those posts up.

Two different games, but if I just bought 2 w/o the DLC packs from 1, I'd be playing the newer game, but only with the 2nd round of races/DLC/etc?

Are the campaign modes comparable between the two games? Is it worth playing 1, or just buying 1 and playing everything in 2?

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

Two different games, but if I just bought 2 w/o the DLC packs from 1, I'd be playing the newer game, but only with the 2nd round of races/DLC/etc?

Are the campaign modes comparable between the two games? Is it worth playing 1, or just buying 1 and playing everything in 2?

The campaigns between the two are different. 1 has a story type based campaign for 1's races (and its DLC races), 2 has the same (but different in design) for its specific races, and (if you own both) also a combined campaign with a larger map consisting of the races you have access to across both games. The DLC races you have bought are accessible in this combined campaign as well. This same concept is supposed to continue whenever 3 eventually comes out.

The difference between the story campaigns mostly comes about from 2's theme about the vortex thingy, and I think they play out quite differently. 1 is more the standard TW campaign, but with story elements.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I bought this last week and haven't played it yet since I got back into Pathfinder, but it looked like a pretty chill little game, so maybe you guys will be interested for under $4.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't think I've bought anything the last 3 steam sales, and I have plenty of old stuff on my wishlist.

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
The few games I've bought on steam or downloaded and actually play a lot I eventually had the accounts moved off steam for varying reasons like faster updates and such. I think it also leads to me getting crap recommendations cause all my play time isn't on steam.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

I ended up buying Warhammer 1 and some DLC (Blood, Norsca, and King and the Warlord)

I have only had time to play an hour or so, but the game runs perfectly fine at 60 FPS ultra in 1440p on a 2500k and 1070 GTX.

It's confusing. So when you purchase 2, you do not need to purchase the Blood God DLC again it will work with 2, and as Dom said, there is this new epic campaign thing that lets you play this entirely new mode.

So far though I am having a lot of fun with 1. I have played other Total War games like Shogun 2 and Rome 2, etc - but this one I see myself playing a lot more due to the setting and the characters/armies and such. I started with Dwarves for a campaign because it was easy mode and I could learn, but I really want to try Norsca next so I can just go around the map destroying and razing everything in sight :)

I also watched this and it went over the beginning basics very well.

• 2Like

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have had a strong desire to play Chrono Trigger and its on sale... could always go the emulator route but wondering if the Steam version for $7 is good enough?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
You'd think Steam would be aggressively spicing up their sales with Epic trying so hard to throw down.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I have had a strong desire to play Chrono Trigger and its on sale... could always go the emulator route but wondering if the Steam version for $7 is good enough?
Chrono trigger is such a good game I can't see it NOT worth $7

• 2Like