Steam Deals and Digital Sales

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
You'd think Steam would be aggressively spicing up their sales with Epic trying so hard to throw down.

The publishers choose the prices. The only way Valve could spice things up is if they just started giving free shit away (other than the times they already do) but they don't need to, because Epic is years away from being actual competition, and is likely to implode before that happens.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I have had a strong desire to play Chrono Trigger and its on sale... could always go the emulator route but wondering if the Steam version for $7 is good enough?

it's good enough. and has the bonus content from the DS release, if you want to see that stuff. the one boss in the bonus stuff ties in with Chrono Cross in a really cool way.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah my question was around how shitty the port is. Thanks for the feedback I’ll pick it up!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah my question was around how shitty the port is. Thanks for the feedback I’ll pick it up!

The bonus content is kind of tedious and repetitive in parts, but yeah it does ultimately lead to a sweet boss fight and a very bittersweet ending that I won't post here even with a spoiler tag.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
What steam should do to spruce up sales and make them relevant is drop their take from 30% to 10% during major sales.

• 1Solidarity

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
What Epic should do to spruce up their sales to make them relevant is offer basic features like a shopping cart.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
I ended up buying Chrono Trigger and Pillars of Eternity II

Not honestly sure why, I doubt i'll play either of them anytime soon but i have a lotta steam bux and never buy anything anymore

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Steam games are like tools at this point, he who dies with the most wins.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I haven't ever installed about 60% of my Steam library.

• 5Solidarity
  • 4Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 9 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
The only thing stopping me from getting PoE 2 is the idea that it'll probably be on Game Pass before I ever get around to playing it.

That and I've only got an hour in the first one.

• 1Solidarity

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Picked up Squad not expecting to like it and hot damn this game is fun. Ended up playing all day yesterday and look forward to playing more.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Or functional credit card processing. I tried to buy something the other day and they failed to charge three different valid, functional cards.
Well, my bank and/or CC company decided they didn't like my Steam purchase on Sunday. No idea why, they wouldn't say, but they locked my card down. Had to call the bank this morning, got routed to several different people, before talking to someone in 'security' who just plain asked me if my attempted purchase of $100+ on Steam was me. I said yes, and they said they'd unlock.

Not really Steam's fault I guess...but who locks a card for Steam purchases?

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Not really Steam's fault I guess...but who locks a card for Steam purchases?

Hard to blame Steam on that one. On the Epic store their charge would hit my card but they would instantly refund the amount and then not process the sale. Pretty much a clusterfuck as far as I could tell.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Slay the Spire Is a great rogue like card rpg. Super fun and addicting.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Got me Fallout 4 for 9.99 (14.99 minus €5 discount for the sale promotion thing they did) so that is nice I guess.
Didn't care for the addons though. I usually play through these games once, if that, and that's it.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Which is better, Pathfinder: Kingmaker or Pillars of Eternity 2?

now that Pathfinder has gotten a bunch of patches i think it's probably better? i only know PoE2 based on reviews, tho. just kind of going based on what i've read.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Frostpunk, Sea of Solitude, Moonlighter and A Plague Tale: Innocence recently added the the Origin Vault.