Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Civ 6 free on Epic Store now. Pretty nice since not on sale it is $60. :)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
Frontier Pass is $40. I guess it's not too horrible considering it covers updates into next year?

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Would have been smart of GabeN and Steam to step up and be the ones to offer Civ6 for free, with this Frontier Pass thing releasing. A lot of the existing player base has the game and various DLC's through Steam and a free game copy would have at least shown that Steam is interested in competing with Epic. As it is right now, Steam is just letting Epic rack up win after win after win.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Would have been smart of GabeN and Steam to step up and be the ones to offer Civ6 for free, with this Frontier Pass thing releasing. A lot of the existing player base has the game and various DLC's through Steam and a free game copy would have at least shown that Steam is interested in competing with Epic. As it is right now, Steam is just letting Epic rack up win after win after win.
Would've been smart to have a Spring sale while everyone is sitting at home. Been looking to buy some games, but fuck paying full price.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

ver_21

Molten Core Raider

Yeah I won't defect from Steam but that's a missed opportunity for sure.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Would've been smart to have a Spring sale while everyone is sitting at home. Been looking to buy some games, but fuck paying full price.

This.
The spring sale is a sad excuse for a sale. Meanwhile every other big publisher has had big sales already during this time, and epic is stepping up on their free games.

• 1Solidarity

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>

Summer sale has begun - apparently offering DRM-free (Denuvo free) Prey & Metro Exodus. SWAT 4 on sale for $4.99, do yourself a favor. Game holds up incredibly well.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
IS POE2: Deadfire any good? I heard some bad stuff about load screens

DOS2 better than DOS1?I couldn't get past the starter town

Rime

<Donor>
Deadfire is significantly better than the first Pillars of Eternity, in regards to loading screens. There are still way too many of them, so I suggest you run it on an SSD. The game is better than the first one in all regards and there is even a proper turn-based mode now.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 is the best top-down CRPG I have played since Baldur's Gate 2.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Thanks man, I'll pick those up.

I put all my games on my SSD (nvme 1TB). I only keep what I need installed anyways.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Didn't want to make a whole nother thread so just sticking this here...

Was finally released for Steam. It isn't a great game / walking sim. The mouse + kb controls are annoying, cumbersome, slow. Abusive amounts of mouse smoothing / acceleration are just irritating. Using WASD to move the PTZ cameras instead of just mouselook is aggravating instead of immersive. And splitting controls between using WASD, QE, while still requiring mousewheel to zoom or right / left clicks is bad. Game was short and honestly didn't try it with a controller but it would have to be much better.

Puzzles are mostly Simon Says style or follow the bouncing ball. It isn't a puzzle sim in the style of Myst or an adventure game requiring you to collect objects and what-not. Just find the point of interest, click, and follow the instructions for what to do.

Man but this could have been really good. A little more polish, depth, and this would have worked well. Controlling an AI in a space station while freaky shit is going on around you was a pretty cool recipe. I'd say it probably took 4 hours to go through, there was a lot of start/stops with work calls. Had an issue where was stuck playing it at 1080p with some effects turned down because my UPS died during a storm and the only other one I had was max 400W and the 980TI would kill it at 1440p 120Hz. Graphics were fine though. Character models weren't the best in some of the up close shots.

If this genre or style of game interests you and you can catch it for a cheap sale (it is 50% off now for $12.50) I'd say it is worth the curiosity. I'd not recommend it for someone looking for a new game to dive in to that wasn't already familiar with this sort of thing though. And unfortunately not at $24.99 either. Supposedly bc it is on Steam there were people looking in to doing some modding. If they could iron out the controls and add some UIX updates I would for sure say go for it at $12.50.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Epic trolled everyone today with Overcooked
Yeah they did, especially when you consider they already gave it away for free.

No hate though, my kids each have roughly 100 free games because I started their Epic Accounts when they launched. Granted a large chunk are too mature and I will not DL them yet, but someday when they get older.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just snagged remastered Command & Conquer. Fond memories of that game (I can still hear the music) and the urge to beat it once and for all was strong.

• 1Like