Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Installed Steam for the first time in a long time and saw the Summer deals popping up.

Metal Gear Solid V is the only game I did not play on PS4, is it worth getting? I remember reading lots of bad things about it but I'm guessing it's probably worth 7.5 dollar for the The Dfinitive Experience Package.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
MGS V was like 90% of a great game, just be aware that because of the delays, Kojima going way overbudget, and his feud with Konami the game doesn't really have much of an ending.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's probably the pay to play demo that you heard bad things about, not the actual game itself.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Installed Steam for the first time in a long time and saw the Summer deals popping up.

Metal Gear Solid V is the only game I did not play on PS4, is it worth getting? I remember reading lots of bad things about it but I'm guessing it's probably worth 7.5 dollar for the The Dfinitive Experience Package.
It's definitely worth it, especially if enjoyed the other MGS games. The gameplay is top notch. Also probably the most uncucked gaming experience you'll get in modern times. As someone mentioned, there isn't much of an actual ending to the game, but after you finish you can go to YouTube and watch the unfinished ending that was datamined from the game files which gives it more closure.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Thanks for the tips, will buy that and also pick up Doom (2016). Will get Witcher 3 as well and I guess my summer vacation game library is filled!

• 1Like

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's definitely worth it, especially if enjoyed the other MGS games. The gameplay is top notch. Also probably the most uncucked gaming experience you'll get in modern times. As someone mentioned, there isn't much of an actual ending to the game, but after you finish you can go to YouTube and watch the unfinished ending that was datamined from the game files which gives it more closure.
Well I'm sold. Watching someone play MGS 2 on twitch today and I've never played this franchise before.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Well I'm sold. Watching someone play MGS 2 on twitch today and I've never played this franchise before.
Jesus, play 2 and 3, fuck 5. Play 3 just for the best video game theme song ever. (1 is maybe worth playing, I played a dolphin version that is still pretty great)

• 1Mother of God

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Jesus, play 2 and 3, fuck 5. Play 3 just for the best video game theme song ever. (1 is maybe worth playing, I played a dolphin version that is still pretty great)
Only problem with that is I'm not sure the gameplay for 2 and 3 hold up as well. You're going back to the old school controls where you're not using the analog sticks to AIM. I tried playing 3 a few years back and couldn't get into it for that reason.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Only problem with that is I'm not sure the gameplay for 2 and 3 hold up as well. You're going back to the old school controls where you're not using the analog sticks to AIM. I tried playing 3 a few years back and couldn't get into it for that reason.
Nah I played them all right before 5 came out and thought they all held up well enough. They had the limitations of the time but still were great games. 4 took me a long time to get through but was also great.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
So I wanted to go through the David Cage games that I never played and because generally I have a positive memory of Fahrenheit, even though remembering nothing about the actual game. Started up Heavy Rain and mmmmaaaaannnnn just not sure I’m in to playing QTE the Game. I want to like it and see the story stuff but so many years of BS QTE in games just makes me irritated. Is Beyond any better and should I just jump to that and get my fill?

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
So I wanted to go through the David Cage games that I never played and because generally I have a positive memory of Fahrenheit, even though remembering nothing about the actual game. Started up Heavy Rain and mmmmaaaaannnnn just not sure I’m in to playing QTE the Game. I want to like it and see the story stuff but so many years of BS QTE in games just makes me irritated. Is Beyond any better and should I just jump to that and get my fill?

Just watch a video of someone playing those games. It is free, and you don't need to hold a controller doing stupid QTE.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>

I really wanted to like Heavy Rain, it was just so boring. Reminds me, I need to watch a quick run through of the game for the story. I don't have enough time to play boring/mediocre games.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Beyond is QD's worst game by far, and I say that as someone who really liked Heavy Rain in spite of its QTE gameplay. If you just can't get through Heavy Rain, skip all the way to Detroit.

• 1Like

Rime

<Donor>
Man... every game I have had any interest in picking up, has Denuvo DRM, so I end up passing on it. Feels bad, man.

Axiel

Molten Core Raider
Man... every game I have had any interest in picking up, has Denuvo DRM, so I end up passing on it. Feels bad, man.
I believe Doom Eternal dropped it at least

Dolphin you mean Twin Snakes on emu? Twin snakes added first person shooting which breaks half of the open areas, and the majority of the bosses, replaced all the audio with half-assed crap, and injects stupid backflips into every cut-scene.

Original was arguably the best of all ps1 era games, play that if you ever get a chance. Graphics and controls may have aged, but it was way ahead of its time.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
After all the stuff about the Last of Us 2, I feel like shooting some zombies in the face this summer sale. I've got 7 Days to Die and Stalker: Call of Pripyat in the basket atm, can anyone recommend another game so I can get to $30 for the discount? I generally prefer open world and first person style, not something with QTEs or other console nonsense. Already have Fallout 3/4/NV.

jfore

Trakanon Raider
After all the stuff about the Last of Us 2, I feel like shooting some zombies in the face this summer sale. I've got 7 Days to Die and Stalker: Call of Pripyat in the basket atm, can anyone recommend another game so I can get to $30 for the discount? I generally prefer open world and first person style, not something with QTEs or other console nonsense. Already have Fallout 3/4/NV.

Dead Island

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
1593638352174.png

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Think the only thing I've picked up so far was Gris which was a gorgeous game that had pretty shallow gameplay overall and was on the short side.

Just picked up Blasphemous so will start going through that tonight.... if I can get Steam to process a damn payment. Just fails repeatedly at "Working" over and over.

Last edited: