Steam Deals and Digital Sales

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
After all the stuff about the Last of Us 2, I feel like shooting some zombies in the face this summer sale. I've got 7 Days to Die and Stalker: Call of Pripyat in the basket atm, can anyone recommend another game so I can get to $30 for the discount? I generally prefer open world and first person style, not something with QTEs or other console nonsense. Already have Fallout 3/4/NV.

Resident evil 7 is only $10 right now

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
After all the stuff about the Last of Us 2, I feel like shooting some zombies in the face this summer sale. I've got 7 Days to Die and Stalker: Call of Pripyat in the basket atm, can anyone recommend another game so I can get to $30 for the discount? I generally prefer open world and first person style, not something with QTEs or other console nonsense. Already have Fallout 3/4/NV.
3rd person, but you could look at State of Decay 2. It's included in the xbox gamepass if you have that

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Terial

Trakanon Raider
decided to finally try Dragons Dogma since it's like 70% off.
Odd game, i like it, but the controls on PC are horrendous. I don't want to hook up an xbox or PS controller. I think i'd like the game if the UI and Controls were better.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
decided to finally try Dragons Dogma since it's like 70% off.
Odd game, i like it, but the controls on PC are horrendous. I don't want to hook up an xbox or PS controller. I think i'd like the game if the UI and Controls were better.

Its really good. I’ve only played with a controller though so didn’t have any problems with that.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Terial

Trakanon Raider
Its really good. I’ve only played with a controller though so didn’t have any problems with that.
I'll stick with it, maybe i need to hook up a controller... the whole menu system is just confusing on the keyboard. Also the primary and secondary weapon swapping is with the Q key... which is fine, but sometimes it just does not switch. Have my daggers out and i hit Q and nothing, so i have to use secondary "ability" to take out the bow, then hold it down and while holding it draw back the bow.. and if i mess up, i'm back to daggers. It's just a mess.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I'll stick with it, maybe i need to hook up a controller... the whole menu system is just confusing on the keyboard. Also the primary and secondary weapon swapping is with the Q key... which is fine, but sometimes it just does not switch. Have my daggers out and i hit Q and nothing, so i have to use secondary "ability" to take out the bow, then hold it down and while holding it draw back the bow.. and if i mess up, i'm back to daggers. It's just a mess.
That's a fairly common issues with ports, they don't fix menus to work as you'd expect on PC(with a mouse) or just make it weird. Not sure about your key not registering issue, maybe you have a modifier key at the same time(shift/alt/ctrl) and that fucks with it? If you have a pad and you're not totally against playing with pads, it's probably worth it. You could also look into mods, sometimes games have mods that will fix keyboard or mouse issues, not sure about DD. Game is a lot of fun imo and well worth playing, the story isn't so great but the combat, world and classes are just top notch stuff, it's just really enjoyable to play.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>

When a bow is your secondary weapon, you have to hold the secondary weapon button to keep your bow out.

Controller is definitely the way to go. It's a really fun game if it clicks for you. I've bought it on way too many platforms.

• 2Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Picked up Tower of Time since it was on discount and its entertaining enough for the pricepoint. I had tried to play Darkest Dungeon again but that damn game leaves me with PTSD.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
WD - Good character with relatable motivations for what he is doing. He's kind of an asshole but it's understandable. Even his blue-haired hacker sidekick is mostly likeable. Unfortunately the story goes completely off the rails later on. It's pretty old and probably hasn't aged all that well either.

WD2 - If you've ever wanted to play a game as a bunch of Berkeley gender studies majors LARPing as vigilantes, this is the one for you. As a bonus, the story is equally as insufferable as the characters are. I played it like 3 years ago too, when people like that were just a loud but mostly ignorable nuisance. I think it would be far more irritating today.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
WD2 - If you've ever wanted to play a game as a bunch of Berkeley gender studies majors LARPing as vigilantes, this is the one for you. As a bonus, the story is equally as insufferable as the characters are. I played it like 3 years ago too, when people like that were just a loud but mostly ignorable nuisance. I think it would be far more irritating today.

Jesus Christ you aren't kidding.

• 1NPC
  • 1Like