Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I liked Watch Dogs 1 but could never get through WD2. Might have been better to play on PC though but seems i missed the freebie.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Be sure to catch this deal on Horizon Zero Dawn

1595909355593.png

• 6Worf
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 7 users

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Carrion was finally released. Anyone pick it up?

I bought it on Steam for $20, only have 3 hours played but I've been digging it. I could be wrong, but it feels like I'm already a fair bit into the game, seems like I have unlocked a lot. I'm going to be surprised if there is much more to the game. All in all, fun game, $20 is probably fair, but would mostly recommend waiting on a sale.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
wow its only a 200 meg install on PC with gamepass, gonna try it out

meanwhile call of duty MW2 is downloading on PS4, 48 gig download LOL

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Carrion looks awesome. The reviews say it seems a little short though. Around 4 hours.

I'm about an hour or two in and enjoying it. Monster movement feels awesome and grabbing and eating humans is fun. Two annoyances:

1. Apparently there is no map in game. Really frustrated me as I got stuck going around in circles at one point and had to look up wtf to do. It was easy and just something I overlooked but swapping between areas isn't immediately intuitive and not have a reference map on some of the larger areas can be confusing.

2. Swapping your skills. At first I had no idea how to swap skills until I accidentally dropped biomass in a pool just for fun and then noticed skills are tied to monster size. So sometimes you have to be small or medium or large. Adds a little strategy to it and hopefully isn't annoying or cumbersome.

*edit:
Holy shit, Mech suit go BBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Last edited:

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Heroes of Might and Magic collection (1 to 5 plus "Heroes Chronicles") for $14 (or less if you don't want them all)(80% off).

Got a GoG code in my email for it.

The offer ends on August 2nd, 2020 at 1 PM UTC.

73BYZN2KRTAQAGQFJ4

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I'm about an hour or two in and enjoying it. Monster movement feels awesome and grabbing and eating humans is fun. Two annoyances:

1. Apparently there is no map in game. Really frustrated me as I got stuck going around in circles at one point and had to look up wtf to do. It was easy and just something I overlooked but swapping between areas isn't immediately intuitive and not have a reference map on some of the larger areas can be confusing.

2. Swapping your skills. At first I had no idea how to swap skills until I accidentally dropped biomass in a pool just for fun and then noticed skills are tied to monster size. So sometimes you have to be small or medium or large. Adds a little strategy to it and hopefully isn't annoying or cumbersome.

*edit:
Holy shit, Mech suit go BBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Finished up Carrion this morning. Not sure what the active play time was because I was afk a lot and left it up overnight once. It is a fun game and well done . The "Large" monster can get aggravating to navigate with b/c you're operating two ends and if you're trying to make a tight turn in to a tunnel / hallway it sometimes won't steer with the right end. I found the small and medium ones much more fun to move around with.

Once you clear the last level and you go out on the "Overworld" section (Frontier) it isn't immediately obvious what you need to do to finish. There is a "Control Room" where you can view the process of each individual levels and go back to full clear them.

I do really think it is criminal to not include a map. The game isn't as heavily Metroidvania as you'd think, it is super linear, so the map isn't as much of an issue. But still, if you want to go finish off previous areas making your way around the Frontier is an exercise in frustration because of blocked paths and one-way pipes, and trying to locate the entrance to all these old spots.

7/10 - Not bad at $20 and will be a great buy on a sale. Maybe they'll do more with it in the future.

• 1Truth!

Brikker

Trump's Staff
So I wanna get a wired controller for my PC and relegate my 360 wireless controller for my steam link. Was thinking just a wired XBOX 1 controller for simplicity's sake. Is this the right thing?

• 1Like