Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I finally just canceled that subscription (even though I know I can’t get that grandfathered price again) because there were just so many games I wasn’t trying. Got tired of looking into the games and trying to pause it before I bought a month I didn’t want.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
yeah i cancelled mine too its just not worth it at all unless you have a steam library of 0 games. even then nowadays between free epic games, amazon prime, GOG freebies, etc you literally should think for 10 minutes before buying any game

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You guys are smarter than me. I prepaid for a year. Ahh well. At least I'll have a long list of games to give away again soon.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
You guys are smarter than me. I prepaid for a year. Ahh well. At least I'll have a long list of games to give away again soon.

Same here. Is there an easy way to link games you want to gift or is the easiest way just to screenshot them all? I have like six months worth to give out just haven’t got around to posting them.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Same here. Is there an easy way to link games you want to gift or is the easiest way just to screenshot them all? I have like six months worth to give out just haven’t got around to posting them.
Did this a few months ago and I just copied and pasted the game names then when someone requested one I'd create a gift link from the humble site. It was tedious as hell. Lol

But now that you mention it may have been easier to just post pictures of every months games.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Another game festival is live. These are pretty nice w/ all the demos that are made available. I end up trying a dozen or so of these.

This is one of my favorites:

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
This month HB had Fae Tactics in it, which alone on Steam is $20. If you like FF Tactics type games it is great.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
This month HB had Fae Tactics in it, which alone on Steam is $20. If you like FF Tactics type games it is great.
This? Should have called it Gae Tactics.

758E9120-F06F-40C1-B7F1-38411FAEBE2A.jpeg

• 4Worf
  • 2Barf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 8 users

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
This? Should have called it Gae Tactics.

View attachment 308822

Yep that is it, if you like FF tactics style games this is a good one. Some brutally hard fights. I have 60 hours in now and I think I'm about halfway through.

Definitely a throwback game, it has bright, colorful cartoony characters, not much grimdark.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Layers of Fear 2 free on Epic until 29 Oct. A typical scary walking sim, but looks and runs nice with an interesting story.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
For some reason unbeknownst to me Blair Witch is in my Steam Wish List and just got a notification it was on sale for $7.50.

Anyone know anything about it or have an opinion?

Janx

<Silver Donator>
For some reason unbeknownst to me Blair Witch is in my Steam Wish List and just got a notification it was on sale for $7.50.

Anyone know anything about it or have an opinion?
Free on Epic Games store.
1604076462942.png

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Anyone familiar with any of these City Building Games they have on sale? (Steam) Used to love all the Sim type games back in the day, tempted to grab Sim4 just because it's familiar and 5$.

The mars & colony one look interesting, but I still have some lingering disappointment from Frostpunk, maybe it's because I'm Canadian, but that game was far too easy and had zero replay value for me. Little hesitant on the titles/companies I'm not familiar with.

I like to play these for the complexity/micromanaging, so that kinda thing is a big pro for me.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Anyone familiar with any of these City Building Games they have on sale? (Steam) Used to love all the Sim type games back in the day, tempted to grab Sim4 just because it's familiar and 5$.

The mars & colony one look interesting, but I still have some lingering disappointment from Frostpunk, maybe it's because I'm Canadian, but that game was far too easy and had zero replay value for me. Little hesitant on the titles/companies I'm not familiar with.

I like to play these for the complexity/micromanaging, so that kinda thing is a big pro for me.

If you're looking for a Sim City clone, I've always been told that Cities: Skylines is the way to go. I picked it up in a sale years ago and need to get around to trying it sometime.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rime

<Donor>
City: Skylines has an ABSURD amount of DLC. So be prepared for that.

The Tropico games are usually relatively good, if you want a more laid back sort of city builder/sim.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Tropico 6 is also part of the Humble Choice for another day or so for less than this sale.

• 1Like

McShrimp

Molten Core Raider
City: Skylines has an ABSURD amount of DLC. So be prepared for that.
I was actually just looking at this earlier with the sale prices, and there was an everything bundle for $100, but a lot of that is music/building skins. If you piece together all of the functional DLC its only ~$60 right now for all of it, each piece being like $5-10.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Cities: Skylines can easily devour your soul. It is dangerously addictive trying to make your urban area into something nice.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
I get paralysis by analysis in that game and end up quitting early, lol.

I find as I get older that so many of these games have all the options I would have wanted when I was younger, but now I don't have the attention span or patience to really enjoy them.

• 5Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 7 users