Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I get paralysis by analysis in that game and end up quitting early, lol.

I find as I get older that so many of these games have all the options I would have wanted when I was younger, but now I don't have the attention span or patience to really enjoy them.
I haven’t figured out why I’m like this with some games but I love others like Oxygen Not Included.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
If you're looking for a Sim City clone, I've always been told that Cities: Skylines is the way to go. I picked it up in a sale years ago and need to get around to trying it sometime.
I ended up going with the Surviving Mars one. I am not disappointed so far, couple new twists on city management for me. If anyone hasn't played it, highly recommend.

I'm always tempted to grab Skylines, then I see all the DLC. Seems to be most games on steam & elsewhere are like that now though, so I can't point fingers.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I'm always tempted to grab Skylines, then I see all the DLC. Seems to be most games on steam & elsewhere are like that now though, so I can't point fingers.
If you're of the pirating mind, you can buy the base game and use a DLC unlocker

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

McShrimp

Molten Core Raider
Appreciate it, but I just wound up buying it all. I've been watching a few videos and its got me itching to play, getting a huge pile of DLC for the price of a normal game just made be pull the trigger.

...and then immediately start playing something else lol

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Appreciate it, but I just wound up buying it all. I've been watching a few videos and its got me itching to play, getting a huge pile of DLC for the price of a normal game just made be pull the trigger.

...and then immediately start playing something else lol

I know how this feels. I bought 4 games today, a month from now I probably wont have even tried to play one of them and another I bet Ill play for 20 minutes over the same time period.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
There were a cool series of YouTube videos on Cities Skylines by some guy who was a city development planner or something at some mid size city, was neat to see the thought process that goes into urban design

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Surviving Mars is really a colony sim, not a city builder. I've been playing it the last couple days, starts out really slow if you go with a normal start. The YT vid I watched was dated but it said to avoid any of the easy starting sponsors because it wouldn't really give you a good feel for the game.

Raskoljnikov

Lord Nagafen Raider
Dungeons 3 is free on Epic
Dungeons 3

Humble Bundle - November 2020 Bundle
November 2020 | Humble Choice

Neat bundle. Darksiders III, Yakuza Kiwami 2, Little Misfortune, Darkwood and some other decent games. Personally, I only want Yakuza Kiwami 2. I enjoyed playing 2 previous games (Yakuza 0 and Kiwami), so it's definitely tempting bundle.

• 1Like

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Is this like a best of for previous free games they had in the bundle? I think I already have most of this shit. If so, set a reminder cause there is going to be a lot of keys in here to grab end of the month.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Surviving Mars is really a colony sim, not a city builder. I've been playing it the last couple days, starts out really slow if you go with a normal start. The YT vid I watched was dated but it said to avoid any of the easy starting sponsors because it wouldn't really give you a good feel for the game.
I'm an old ass gamer, if it quacks and walks like a duck, I call it a duck. It plays like a city sim, with disasters maxed out at higher difficulties to me. What makes it unique for me, is the drone system that reminds me of C&C. Rather than defend/attack/harvest, it's harvest/repair/logistics. Shit is really fun to micro manage for me, I can't explain it, with all the various research upgrades, they get better and better too. AI is far from perfect, drones will often huddle in a group doing fuck all, while there is shit to be done right next to them.

I've messed around with a few games with difficulty high/maxed out, it completely changes the game into more of a hardscrabble survival strategy game. It's not just sponsors, game rules and map choice can lead to some brutal prison rape games as soon as you land. Did one game maxed out, wasn't going to last long anyway, then some event happened with my power, chose an option, and all my batteries fucking overloaded, since my wind/solar were right next to them, completely wiped out my power grid. Checkmate, no matter what I did, but now I space out everything. Other games I've had events with power cables constantly needing repairs, so I had to add backups, rather than relying on a single utility line.

Happy medium for me is right in middle, enough random things to keep it interesting, and eventually you can completely negate all the environmental hazards.

Dealing with whiny bitch colonists is the true challenge. Every game I know I'm going to fail, I put switches/valves on the power/lifesupport for each dome, and then turn them off.
quaidair.jpg

ralph1.jpg

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
yeah i had a meteor shower just perfectly rake along my base yesterday, was savage.

• 1Worf

Raskoljnikov

Lord Nagafen Raider
Absolutely, but it's not like GTA or Sleeping Dogs. It's a mix of lot of different games and genres. Small world mixed with lot of activities, substories and stuff to do. There is lot of weird and cringe humor that I just love. Also, it's not possible to drive a car. You can only take a taxi or just walk from one location to another. It's a small world, so it's not problem. The best thing about Yakuza games is story. Since there is lot of stuff to do if you try to play one Yakuza game after another you might get overburn. It's best to take time off after finishing 1 Yakuza game.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
start with Yakuza 0 on any platform, its best to basically just play 1 Yakuza game a year since they get pretty repetitive as rasko says

i think they are very, very solid 9/10 games. I've played Y0, 1, 2, and 6 and really enjoyed them all. Y3-5 recently got released as a remaster collection, and Y7 (brand new story) is out next week. Y0-6 involve Kiryu Kazuma and Majima, Y7 is new main character.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Y7 isn't just a new story and protagonist, it's damn near a totally different genre too. It's much more of a JRPG with the beat 'em up action replaced by turn-based combat with QTEs and a job system with 20+ choices. I haven't played it yet but based on videos the battles remind me of the South Park games by Obsidian. It looks great though, and after 7 (10 really, since I played 1 and 2 in the original engine and then again as "Kiwami", and also Judgment is pretty much Yakuza 6.5) games of essentially the same combat system I don't mind them trying something entirely different.

I'd agree that 0 is probably the best place to start, provided you're aware that 1 & 2 sometimes won't make sense if you play them afterwards because 0 did a bit of retcon work on the characters. From what I've heard, aside from a few cameos there's not much linking Y7 to the previous games, so if the turn-based combat sounds more appealing then it's fine to start there too.

Also worth mentioning that if you buy Y7 digitally from MS rather than other PC stores you also get the current/next gen Xbox version included for no extra cost thanks to Smart Delivery/Play Anywhere.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Dungeons 3 is free on Epic
Dungeons 3

Humble Bundle - November 2020 Bundle
November 2020 | Humble Choice

Neat bundle. Darksiders III, Yakuza Kiwami 2, Little Misfortune, Darkwood and some other decent games. Personally, I only want Yakuza Kiwami 2. I enjoyed playing 2 previous games (Yakuza 0 and Kiwami), so it's definitely tempting bundle.
I made it about 10 minutes in Dungeons 3 before I uninstalled it. I don’t even know what the actual gameplay is like because the cut scenes and “plot” was so over the top and derivative that it was clear the rest of the game would be just as phoned in.