Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I think theres a metric ton of games for any genre you wish really. Save a few "dead" genres. Like I was asking about dungeon crawlers, after being left a little empty with bards tale/solastia.

And honestly, I think its that large number of games. Back when we were kids, games cost more, there were fewer, and were harder to get in general. DRIVING to a store?! rentals then showed up, and died. gamefly. Now, we have steam and game pass. I

I got a 3 month sub to gamepass last week..
Deep rock galactic, it lurks below, forager, carrion, vambrace cold steel, wasteland 3 all played in like a week. (got ori 2, dead cells, and frost punk also lined up.)

deep rock galatic made it about 3 hours, before saying, nope, I dont like this. Vermintide is way better.
it lurks below 1 hour maybe. carrion 2.. vambrace 2.. all pretty quick, nope this isn't fun.

Forager was pretty solid. zelda survival cookie clicker. burned out at the end, it needed more dungeons/bosses.

But I blew through a bunch of games, because there is a ton of competition, games I COULD be playing that I enjoy. no need to keep playing something thats just "ok".

Even my steam library. Some games got on sales, others, paid for... But if I don't LOVE it, I have a good 20 games on there, I have not played yet.. or others I want to buy/try..
Valfaris. was ok. might come back to it.
outer wilds. a couple days, but quickly got sick of the shitty controls, and trying to get anything done.
lords of Xulima, some good ideas... some really shitty ones. couldn't justify continuing.
So I noped out of them, and played something else.

I think the bar of whats good is just higher in most cases. and we've had so many experiences we are just chasing that all time high, or perfect blend of games, that doesn't quite exist... like me searching for that perfect survival colony base builder.

make sure to try Slay the Spire on game pass.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I strongly suggest finding someone on youtube who does game reviews or indi game reviews that you can stand and watch them regularly.

Splattercat can be a bit dense sometimes, he'll fail to read obvious shit on the screen (or skip a textbox) and then bitch about not being told how to do <something>. But overall he hits a good mix of upcoming indi games.

I know I've picked up a couple that would have otherwise flown under the radar because of his series.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I strongly suggest finding someone on youtube who does game reviews or indi game reviews that you can stand and watch them regularly.

Splattercat can be a bit dense sometimes, he'll fail to read obvious shit on the screen (or skip a textbox) and then bitch about not being told how to do <something>. But overall he hits a good mix of upcoming indi games.

I know I've picked up a couple that would have otherwise flown under the radar because of his series.
That's not a bad idea. Haven't found anyone yet, but haven't looked that hard.

Caliane

Sseth is pretty great, in that he actually reviews, and curates. Recommending major hidden gems. More then a few great purchases from his mentions.

The other guys are more just, play a shit ton of Indie games, and let you decide for yourself whats good or ready.
Nookrium, Wanderbots, splattercat. play like 20 new indiegames a week. But many are unfinished EA junk.

This is probably better discussed in another thread.

p.s. yeah, I outright own Slay the spire, from the above, before it was even in release.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
So I'm super big on Hades right now to the point I'm even playing a little roguelike on my phone (Archero).

Anyone have good suggestions for similar roguelikes to Hades? Combat doesn't have to be action-y but I am a big fan of the "grow stronger with each run" type of game.

• 1Dislike

Evernothing

Rogue Legacy - metroidvania type rogue-lite.

Risk of Rain 2 - 3rd person shoot em up.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Staberinde

Trakanon Raider
Heroes of Hammerwatch: Got a few hundred hours into this, played mostly coop with a friend but done tons of solo runs also and still had fun. Similar to Hades with top down view action combat roguelite. More emphasis on exploring large levels hunting for secrets/loot.

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
So I'm super big on Hades right now to the point I'm even playing a little roguelike on my phone (Archero).

Anyone have good suggestions for similar roguelikes to Hades? Combat doesn't have to be action-y but I am a big fan of the "grow stronger with each run" type of game.

Binding of Isaac. Think messed up Legend of Zelda. It is tough and doesn't hold your hand in any way.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Evernothing

Damn I will have to remember to get MudRunner. I played a bit of Spintires, and it was cool. MudRunner is suposed to be much better I heard.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I always thought that had a really strange name and then one day realized it was just 'spin tires'

• 1Worf

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Victor Vran on ps4 is fun. Voiced by the same guy who did Geralt in W3. No comparison though, it’s a d3 clone.

Vorph

Victor Vran on ps4 is fun. Voiced by the same guy who did Geralt in W3. No comparison though, it’s a d3 clone.
Victor Vran is also free from Prime Gaming for PC until Dec 11.

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
RoR2 is fantastic, especially with friends. All the different playstyles make for a great time.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Rogue Legacy - metroidvania type rogue-lite.

Risk of Rain 2 - 3rd person shoot em up.

Added Rogue Legacy 2 to my wishlist. I've had RoR2 for awhile, beaten it a number of times. Definitely a fun game but the lobbies/matchmaking sucked last I played so i soloed 99% of the time.

• 1Salty

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Fanatical has a very legit sale going on right now for Ubisoft games (and a decent amount of others as well). Odyssey season pass right under $9, Anno at $13!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Evernothing

Added Rogue Legacy 2 to my wishlist. I've had RoR2 for awhile, beaten it a number of times. Definitely a fun game but the lobbies/matchmaking sucked last I played so i soloed 99% of the time.
Have you played Slay the Spire? Its a card combat / deck building rogue-lite.

• 1Like