Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Well I bought a ton of cheaper games, especially for friends (and a lot of DLC for a friend of mine who actively streams).

Reason I was asking is I was wondering if you wont get a TotalSpend if you made purchases during a sale that's still active

Just a long shot but /shrug

Last edited:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So, question for everyone who can see their TotalSpend amount: Have you bought anything during the current sale?
I bought a few things, smaller games and shit. I have a lot of stuff on my wishlist and just buy some of it every now and then to refill my "to play" list. There hasn't been insanely good deals or anything but that's just normal nowadays, those insane good deals rarely ever happen anymore(and when I say that I mean for the past 10years or whatever, it isn't a recent thing), so I'm just buying stuff when it's stuck to the same historical low for a while.

Got Chronicron, Virgo versus the Zodiac(both part of Fanatical packs with a bunch of other games I don't care that much about but it was like 6euros for 3games anyway) and I'll be buying Labyrinth of Refrain before the sale ends since that game's price hasn't moved in years and I feel like playing a drpg after my current game. Will probably buy Vaporum Lockdown and Rogue Fable 3 while I'm at it.

It's all under 20euros games though, I agree that full price games(even after a year+ of being released), being discounted by only 50% aren't appealing. I'm waiting for better deals on these, or when I'm bored and feel like playing one I'll buy one eventually. Sekiro is on that list for example and once I feel like playing a fromsoft game(not now cause I've been playing a bunch of elden ring until last week) I'll probably cave and buy it at 30euros, but yeah a lot of stuff I'm not considering buying if they don't do better sales(octopath traveller, nioh 2, nier replicant, atelier ryza).

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Haven't really grabbed much off of the sale so far. I think I picked up the Fell Seal DLC, Gordian Quest, and that's it. I'm considering grabbing Solasta: Crown of the Magister to play with a buddy, but I've heard mixed reviews on that game.

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
50% off $60 games doesn't do it for us these days, we'll wait for it to be in a bundle or go below $20
This may be the first summer sale I don't buy anything. Still playing Elden Ring. Other than that it's been AOE 2, Civ 5, and Dota 2 for the last 10 years.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
This may be the first summer sale I don't buy anything. Still playing Elden Ring. Other than that it's been AOE 2, Civ 5, and Dota 2 for the last 10 years.

Rarely is there anything worth buying anymore. There are tons of indie games but most seem to mirror the same shit over and over again (AARPG, Rogue-Lite, Counter Strike Style, etc.). We seriously need more innovation and variations in gaming it's gotten stale. We get what, 1 triple A title a year that's good, if even that?

I'm in the same boat as Malakriss, I can wait til shit drops to 19.99 especially when it's a clone of existing games. It has to be something really spectacular for me to even buy during sales anymore.

Still waiting on Battlebit to save us, haha.

• 2Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Everyone waits for the $20 or lower sale to add games to their backlog they'll never play.

• 5Like
  • 4Solidarity
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 11 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Game bundles/DLC for $1
Dungeons 3 complete?
Burgess Meredith Meme GIF

A feck, it's Dungeons 2, not 3, for a dollar. Still a good deal.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I got Shadows of War and all DLC's for under $10 last night. I never finished it when it came out and I don't own a console system anymore. Figured it was a pretty good deal for a game I loved.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Dunno if it's on sale but Hero Siege is a fun indie aRPG with online, seasons, trading etc. New expac just came out. Lots of classes. I'm casually enjoying it.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Dunno if it's on sale but Hero Siege is a fun indie aRPG with online, seasons, trading etc. New expac just came out. Lots of classes. I'm casually enjoying it.
It’s 90% off atm, 69 cents

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I got Shadows of War and all DLC's for under $10 last night. I never finished it when it came out and I don't own a console system anymore. Figured it was a pretty good deal for a game I loved.
This may have been patched but end game is kind of broken, some of the orcs are basically as immortal as you are. The sieges and multiplayer elements are fun as well until you run into something maxed out with more then one immortal orc inside. By then though I put in enough hours to put it down anyway.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Everyone waits for the $20 or lower sale to add games to their backlog they'll never play.

I can't remember what game it was, but about a week ago I messaged 6 or 7 people who had the game in their Steam library to ask if it was worth it on sale, and literally none of them had ever played it.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I can't remember what game it was, but about a week ago I messaged 6 or 7 people who had the game in their Steam library to ask if it was worth it on sale, and literally none of them had ever played it.

This has happened to me so many times, that I stopped asking people :emoji_sweat_smile:

• 2Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I am guilty of buying a bundle, playing 1-2 of the games and ignoring the rest. Still cheaper though.

• 2Like

Sinistkir13

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Not sure how many people might share this combo interest, but July's Humble Monthly doesn't seem totally rubbish with Deep Rock Galactic and Necromunda: Hired Gun as the two headliners. The former is still cheaper on its own if you get it on Steam ($9.89), but Necromunda is $19.99, so $11.99 for both is a good deal if you were interested in the latter, or like me, considering both.

Rest of the games are indies I haven't heard of, but they might suit some people's fancy:
Legion TD 2 - Multiplayer tower defense
Banners of Ruin - Anthropomorphic animal card battle game
Yes, Your Grace - 2D Kingdom management game
ATOM RPG Trudograd - Turn based, post apocalyptic strategy game sequel
Lawn Mowing Simulator - I don't even know why

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user