Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So, Epic is groveling because some people didn't get the version of free that others did? How the fuck did this world get so ass-backward?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The retarded part is the standard version still existing at all. You can't actually buy it anymore, it's hidden on every store* now except when 505 wants to remind people why they're the shittiest EU publisher and they give it away for "free".

* - Except on Windows 10 Store, where they put the gimped version on Game Pass and don't even offer the upgrade to DC at all.

Last edited:

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
So after 7.5 years of owning GTA 5 for PC, I finally beat it. As a reward, I will purchase Cyberpunk 2077 or Red Dead Redemption 2 on Steam while its still on sale.

Any suggestions of which of them I should buy?

• 1Like

Otto

So after 7.5 years of owning GTA 5 for PC, I finally beat it. As a reward, I will purchase Cyberpunk 2077 or Red Dead Redemption 2 on Steam while its still on sale.

I'd get Red Dead 2. I had a lot of fun with the open world, hunting and fishing. Story was really well done too. Cyberpunk I would wait until the DLC comes out in my opinion.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler

RDR2. Everything is quite polished. Story is good but drags a bit. The best part is really just enjoying being in the world. It's a relaxing and beautiful game.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I love both games, but RDR2 is probably my favorite single player experience in a long while.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I love both games, but RDR2 is probably my favorite single player experience in a long while.

RDR2 was beautiful garbage, gameplay was absolutely shit. How they managed to make an open world game pigeon hole you into doing every mission exactly the way they wanted you to killed it for me.
GTA was like get the thing from A to B. Red Dead was get the thing from A to B but follow this exact path of steps or fail the mission.
Even when I was following the path to get through a mission, boom cut scene that did the fighting for me... Don’t you dare try to have fun!

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
RDR2 was beautiful garbage, gameplay was absolutely shit. How they managed to make an open world game pigeon hole you into doing every mission exactly the way they wanted you to killed it for me.
GTA was like get the thing from A to B. Red Dead was get the thing from A to B but follow this exact path of steps or fail the mission.
Even when I was following the path to get through a mission, boom cut scene that did the fighting for me... Don’t you dare try to have fun!
This is a good point.

I loved RDR2, because of the setting, story, and graphics etc... But the gameplay was "fine". All-time great game outside of that!

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I prefer Cyberpunk between the two. Red Dead is amazing but just doesn't click with me, just not into westerns.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
That and not being able to sneeze without the whole town going aggro. Maybe that was toned down in a patch but by the time I finished it was irritating me enough to not want to play.

• 2Like

DickTrickle

A kind of random thing I discovered after using Augmented Steam, my lifetime market transactions:

1672739692240.png

90% of that is purely from trading cards. The rest would be CS:GO/TF2 crates and some skins when I was briefly into that. My current game total is 1208, as a reference.

With Augmented Steam and Idle Master Extended, even if you have thousands of games with cards, you could get them all in a handful of days without ever installing a game. Then you run through them using the one click buttons to list them in Augmented Steam. You might have to confirm them in your phone depending on your security and that's the slow part. Still, I posted nearly 1000 cards in about two hours total.

Worth noting that cards used to go for a lot more. You could routinely sell them for 10-20c, but now it's more like .04-10c. I usually would put them up at the current highest seller or 1c extra if you're willing to wait around to get the return. Still, potential to make some game spending cash for a small amount of effort.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Some of the stuff is wild to me, I apparently have a 'Genuine Original' rocket launcher from TF2 that over 100 people have open buy orders up for $11 or less? lol.

If I could sell the hundreds of Steam cards I have for 4-7 cents each with just a couple clicks I probably would.

Edit: I started listing items, but for every single one I have to click 'confirm listing' in an email. Ugh. Oh and each of the 'create listing' links in the emails goes to an error. Super.

Last edited:

spronk

FPS noob
get augmented steam and something like steam desktop authenticator, it can automate all the listing of cards for you

its kinda pointless though most cards just sit unsold. The good old days were in the 2005-2015 era when you could buy bundles and make back pretty much most of your money just idling games and selling off the cards.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Who are the retards that are buying these cards and why?

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

DickTrickle

get augmented steam and something like steam desktop authenticator, it can automate all the listing of cards for you

its kinda pointless though most cards just sit unsold. The good old days were in the 2005-2015 era when you could buy bundles and make back pretty much most of your money just idling games and selling off the cards.
Except they don't sit unsold as long as you don't put them up at ridiculous prices. I've sold 600 since sometime in December.

Why people actually buy this shit I'll never understand....

• 1Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I have never done anything with my cards, I have over 300 games on Steam. This automated shit sounds nice. Do you just get store credit?

• 2Like