Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So both Batman's in game of the year edition (includes all DLC for the new one) for $12.50 total. No brainer? Haven't played either and always heard how good they are, do they translate well to PC controls? I don't have a controller.

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
So both Batman's in game of the year edition (includes all DLC for the new one) for $12.50 total. No brainer? Haven't played either and always heard how good they are, do they translate well to PC controls? I don't have a controller.
Yes. Get a controller you heathen.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I used to have one and can't find it. Is it enjoyable with keyboard/mouse, anyone know?

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Is it just me or is the Steam summer sale pretty lackluster this year? Now I have over 100 games, and I may be a little picky about what I spend my money on, but today's offerings are just more of the same. It feels like Valve is more interested in making sure there are games with trading card functionality than a variety of good shit. How many fucking times do they need to put Deus Ex: HR on sale for? GTAIV? Whoopty fucking doo.
Yeah, I think a lot of it has to do with how repetitive the deals have become. Today, for instance, I believe about a third of the dailies are repeats, one or two of the flash deals, and the community vote (plus one of the games on the vote). I guess it's good that they give people who might've missed a deal the chance to get it, but between the "daily" deals now being 48-hours and the last day almost certainly being a recap day, I really don't think they need to repeat the deals as much as they have been.

Stave

Potato del Grande
I used to have one and can't find it. Is it enjoyable with keyboard/mouse, anyone know?
I played them both with KB/M and it was just fine. Actually for me as a regular PC gamer, I think it would have been worse for me with Gamepad, but I refuse to use a gamepad unless I am playing a platformer or fighter.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I missed DE:HR when it was the flash sale even though I voted for it so I'm glad its up again.

spronk

FPS noob
some of the stuff is actually easier with kb/mouse since you need crazy accuracy and timing for the riddler challenges (which are all optional). It really is a game worth playing on a controller though, the fighting stuff is way more fun button mashing on a couch while drinking beer.

but yeah get the games they are both very good and will make you want to rewatch the batman movies and maybe even read the comics, you seriously get a batman boner playing em. mark hamill voices the joker on both of em.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
If they're going to repeat, I hope they put Blood Dragon back up. That's probably the last game I'd end up buying during this.

Picked up Borderlands 2 and Season Pass, Bastion, Sleeping Dogs, and Fallout New Vegas so far.

Caliane

yeah. terrible year.

Told myself I wasn't going to buy any games. I have plenty.
7 purchases later..

Dis

Confirmed Male
I have spent around $60-70 bucks. Fucked up and bought Dishonored a day before it went from $17 to $10...

So far I have bought the following:

Sleeping Dogs
Tomb Raider
Dishonored
Might and Magic 6
System Shock 2
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Blood Bowl
and a few others I cant think of at the moment.
I still want to buy Dark Souls, but I am hedging to maybe buy it for PS3 instead of the PC, have not decided

Considering I am completely readdicted to Team Fortress 2 at the moment, I have decided to not play the above games until I get TF2 out of my system. I have yet to finish playing The Walking Dead, XCOM, Darksider 1 & 2, Amnesia, Mark of the Ninja, and Unepic among a few other games I bought during the Steam Winter Sale. Thinking I am going to get further and further behind on the games that have yet to be played...

Oh yeah, and I am also playing ARMA3 tuesday nights with the IT dept for my company. All this with 2 kids and a wife...

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
There are aspects to War of the Roses are really nice: Graphics, mounted combat, custom classes, appearance options.

There are aspects to War of the Roses which are not really nice: combat.

The combat is a lot slower in comparison to Chivalry and with the gui and charged swings, it just feels wrong. I feel like the two of them need to have a baby together. Chivalry with mounted combat, custom classes and buku appearance options.

Chivalry really is the better game.
Yeah was in beta I know what I am getting into, likely just pick off peeps with crossbow when they try to raise their buddy for a few hours but whatever.

Batman plays just fine with KB/M.

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
I have spent around $60-70 bucks. Fucked up and bought Dishonored a day before it went from $17 to $10...

So far I have bought the following:

Sleeping Dogs
Tomb Raider
Dishonored
Might and Magic 6
System Shock 2
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Blood Bowl
and a few others I cant think of at the moment.
I still want to buy Dark Souls, but I am hedging to maybe buy it for PS3 instead of the PC, have not decided

Considering I am completely readdicted to Team Fortress 2 at the moment, I have decided to not play the above games until I get TF2 out of my system. I have yet to finish playing The Walking Dead, XCOM, Darksider 1 & 2, Amnesia, Mark of the Ninja, and Unepic among a few other games I bought during the Steam Winter Sale. Thinking I am going to get further and further behind on the games that have yet to be played...
Get Dark Souls on pc. In 1080p, with the hi-res textures, it's stunning.

Dis

Confirmed Male
How much will i need to spend for a basic low budget controller to be able to play it tho.
I went ahead and just bought a MS XBOX controller for the PC for 50 (wireless). I am sure you can find a generic brand other than that. IMO even 50 is money well spent, considering I just turned my PC into a console now (Also having recently bought a 27 inch monitor, and lazyboy close by)

@Braen - not sure about the price, but I LOVE Saint's Row 3, fucking great game. I got mine in the big THQ bundle during the Steam Winter Sale, easily the best game among the bunch IMO.