Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Plaid_sl

shitlord
I bought a wireless logitech 710. I like it so far. Had it several weeks. Works with every game I've tried to use it in.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
I'm using a Logitech F310, I like it a lot and it was like $25. Detected as a 360 controller in windows as well, if that matters for anything.

velk

Trakanon Raider
ANyone have any experience with Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes?
Yeah, it's a pretty good 4X, it is built in a terrible engine though, so has problems with weak graphics, memory leaks and shitty late game performance. I wouldn't recommend it at full price, but it's not hard to get $10 worth of value out of it if you like that type of game at all.

Stave

Potato del Grande
I'm using a Logitech F310, I like it a lot and it was like $25. Detected as a 360 controller in windows as well, if that matters for anything.
Yeah I'll +1 the Logitech F310 too. I picked up a refurbished one on Newegg a few years back for like 12 bucks and it works great when I actually want to use a controller. Nice thing too is you can toggle between Xbox mode, and a generic controller mode, incase your game isn't compatible with Xbox controller, you can use the Logitech software to bind the keys then.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Saint's Row the Third full package for $15. Worth it? Haven't played any of the series.
Absolutely. I haven't played any of the other games before either, but it really didn't matter aside from not knowing the backstory of a few characters. But, that's secondary to how utterly off-the-walls the game is. It's even better if you have a friend to join you.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I use my PS3 gamepad because fuck buying another one. It has absolute dogshit drivers and it's basically just emulating a xbox360 controller, but that works well enough. Wouldn't recommend buying one but if you have a PS3 that saves you money.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
I use my PS3 gamepad because fuck buying another one. It has absolute dogshit drivers and it's basically just emulating a xbox360 controller, but that works well enough. Wouldn't recommend buying one but if you have a PS3 that saves you money.
I just bought a 360 controller because setting up my ps3 controller was too much of a pain in the ass for me. It was worth the money even though I don't own an xbox.

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Damnit, when I saw The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing vs The Living Dead for Community Choice Vote, I was 100% certain that TLD would get it. And it did. Fuckers.*

*that sale would have brought Van Helsing under the completely arbitrary $10 per game spending limit I've given myself.

I also can speak highly for Logitech's F510. The PS2 controller form-factor is much more pleasing to me than X-Box's blobby thing. And I prefer the swapped D-pad/Left stick.

Zuuljin

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Don't really want to derail, but to go along with the controller topic... I'd like to play all the games I bought through Steam on my TV, but the TV is in a different room than my PC. Short of running an HDMI cable 30+ feet, does anyone have any recommendations/idea's on how best I could accomplish that? Is it even possible to stream video/sound wireless? Something out there I can buy? I can get the wireless 360 thing linked above, but now I just need something similar for video/sound.

Edit: Googled it and amazon does have some stuff, but nothing really seemed all that great. Guess I'm just stuck with my computer monitor...

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Don't really want to derail, but to go along with the controller topic... I'd like to play all the games I bought through Steam on my TV, but the TV is in a different room than my PC. Short of running an HDMI cable 30+ feet, does anyone have any recommendations/idea's on how best I could accomplish that? Is it even possible to stream video/sound wireless? Something out there I can buy? I can get the wireless 360 thing linked above, but now I just need something similar for video/sound.

Edit: Googled it and amazon does have some stuff, but nothing really seemed all that great. Guess I'm just stuck with my computer monitor...
Oooor just move the tower into the TV room and use the TV as the monitor while you play? Not like it takes more than 2 minutes to hook up a PC.

Braen

<Medals Crew>
Glad I waited a few hours.

Saint's Row 3 Full Package is now $7.50 on a flash sale. Picked it up

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It has absolute dogshit drivers and it's basically just emulating a xbox360 controller, but that works well enough.
MotionInJoy is pretty much the opposite of dogshit. It's free, the drivers are signed, you can use the DS3 wireless with a <$10 Bluetooth dongle, it supports both XInput and DirectInput, and you can easily remap buttons for games that have retarded configurations.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
MotionInJoy is pretty much the opposite of dogshit. It's free, the drivers are signed, you can use the DS3 wireless with a <$10 Bluetooth dongle, it supports both XInput and DirectInput, and you can easily remap buttons for games that have retarded configurations.
Yeah I guess it works alright but it's basically not directly supported shit, have to load a program everytime and have to configure it and shit the first time around. Don't know it was annoying to setup but then again I think it's because I used another driver before motioninjoy so that might be what I remember being annoying. Anyway dogshit probably not the right term but it's not plug and play is what I probably should say. Beats spending money on a pad I use like for 2 games a year at most and I'm used to the playstation pads.

EvilLurker_sl

shitlord
Saint's Row the Third full package for $15. Worth it? Haven't played any of the series.
Saint's Row is exactly like GTA gameplay wise, but really, really wacky. If you love GTA you will love this, it's really high quality. But for some reason I buy both GTA and SR games and for a few hours I think they are the greatest thing ever. Then I get bored and never touch them again. Happens. Every. Time.