Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Saint's row is hardly like GTA. It's so ridiculously over the top, I couldn't enjoy it and I played every single GTA title that came out for PC multiple times.

but for $15, why not.

Mount & Blade opinions? And Tropico 4?
Tropico 4 was pretty great, modern times add on not so much. The new buildings are completly out of place and killed the feeling for me.

bayr_sl

shitlord
It's an awesome game but it will lose the vote because steam users are retarded. Still I'm glad it will be on sale later on since I want to pick it up after pirating it and realizing it's one of the best games I've played this year (but I'm still too cheap to pay $20)

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I picked up Defender's Quest since it's on sale during the summer sale. It's a great game (I played 5 hours straight last night), but I don't know if I'd say it's a better tower defense game than Defense Grid. One of the things I like about Defense Grid is how simplistic and pure it is in terms of tower defense. There aren't really any gimmicks or special mechanics; you build towers and upgrade towers. It's just personal preference.

Anyway, Defender's Quest is less than $5.00 for the duration of the summer sale so now is the time to pick it up.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Anyway, Defender's Quest is less than $5.00 for the duration of the summer sale so now is the time to pick it up.
I said this before but here it is again, the dev almost always sells it cheap on his site as well during a sale elsewhere. You can currently get it for $5 and get a Steam code as well as DRM-free copy so youcouldlook at it as getting at least 2 copies for your money...

http://www.defendersquest.com/buy.html

Caliane

It's an awesome game but it will lose the vote because steam users are retarded. Still I'm glad it will be on sale later on since I want to pick it up after pirating it and realizing it's one of the best games I've played this year (but I'm still too cheap to pay $20)
what even the fuck?
risen2 won? Isn't that shit rated like a 3 out of 10?

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Modern warfare and farcry being only 25% off is insulting. Those games should be under 5 bucks.

Rime

<Donor>
Always wait a few minutes when new sales go up, they are usually wrong.

Far Cry 3 is 40% off ($24) and MW3 is 50% off ($20).

Going to be passing on Far Cry 3 and BioShock Infinite this sale. Will pick them up during Christmas, when I am certain they will both be under $20.
I picked up...
Dishonored (And all the DLC) - $16
Torchlight II - $5
RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Platinum - $5
The Witcher 2 - $5
Scribblenauts Unlimited - $5
XCom - Civ 4 Complete - Civ 5 Gold - $20 (Amazon)

So pretty happy so far this sale. Still have about $15 kicking around to pick up anything else that tickles my fancy.

Rabkorik

Silver Knight of the Realm
Has anyone here played Magicka? It looks similar to the Gauntlet series. Thinking about picking it up with some friends.

Rime

<Donor>
Magicka is an amazing game, though a bit buggy.

I would not recommend it for the solo experience, but with some friends in vent/ts/skype/whatever, it is pretty darn fun.

Rabkorik

Silver Knight of the Realm
If we end up getting it would you recommend just the base game or the pack with the ~22 DLC for $9

DMK_sl

shitlord
Yeah. I'm downloading Van helsing as we speak can't fucken wait. I completely forgot about the game until it came up for sale. I've heard/read mostly good things from here and elsewhere.