Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Zuuljin

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Didn't want to start a new thread, but I picked up 'The Swapper' during the summer sale and just finished it, and I must say its a pretty amazing indie game. Kind of expensive at $15, only about 2 to 3 hours of playtime if you don't rush things, but if you happen to see it on sale, i'd say its a must buy. It will also make you pray to the gods for a HD Super Metroid game with this games art style.

Inque

FunEmployed
4MLL-EEUK-E9DM-MXTR-52G7 (Sims 3)
AJJ2-PHQT-M9P9-VP23-EFBP (High End Loft)
C78G-MNJ6-U482-LWQX-FA39 (Late Night)

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It might be? When I looked earlier stream had borderlands 2 for $30... But that wasn't a sale price... So maybe?

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Is the PC version of Castlevania LOS worh it? I played the demo was a bit underwhelmed by it and the camera angles were a bit uncomfortable. I had heard that the game is a lot better outside of the demo.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
can't speak for ps3 vs pc, but i enjoyed it for what it's worth... it's 3d castlevania which is a genre rife with bad installments... out of all of them it's by far the best. patrick stewart narrates the entire game. in and of itself that raises the bar for the game... though, for me it felt like he didn't understand half of what he was talking about... the director just yelled over and over again, "more brooding! be more brooding!!!"

gameplay wise, it felt like God of War's nephew. related enough to be recognized but not a direct descendant. it's the typical God of War clone, combat wise. it's definitely not as gruesome, but it's got great atmosphere all the same. it's been a few years so i don't quite remember, but i want to say that the skill tree was holy vs dark and you could choose which side to go down and upgrade. it led to 2 similar but different play styles. VERY similar to infamous and how you could go hero or villian.

i honestly don't remember a single thing about the camera. i don't think i've played a game like that where the camera wasn't generally uncomfortable. i neither remember it being worse nor better than anything else in it's genre so take that for what you will.

right this very minute, there's better games on the market. last of us, sr4, bioshock infinite, etc... but i think it's worth a rental at least if you've already played or are waiting for a price drop on the better games.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Does anyone else randomly have a full copy of Spiral Knights in their library? I've never bought this and it just showed up (and it doesn't say demo, free for xx period etc like other games have).

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's a free-to-play game. It's been used for achievement ticket rewards in the sales sometimes. I dunno why it would just pop into your library but yea it's free for everyone.

blumpster_sl

shitlord
Got The Walking Dead ep. 1-5 and the DLC for under 10 dollars. Amazingly terrible voice acting, and although short in length the cut scenes make me cringe. Playing the game is decent, albeit aggravating how small some of the initiation points are. Storyline is ludicrous, but still interesting to play a little adventure game. Makes me want to find more straight up adventure type games, especially ones that don't restrict your movement so much. I suppose that's a good quality to a game: it's good enough to provoke interest in the genre, but not that great in its own right.