Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's on Steam - Talisman PC is pretty decent, it's got some primitive aspects to it since it's just the base box and no alternate rules though - but fun to knock around with. Should be tons of fun if-when they eventually expand it though.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Endless Space and expansion are on sale on Steam at 75% off if you like 4x games. Though I heard it's best to avoid the expansion, so might just buy the Emperor edition and not Gold.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just a heads up, Amazon will likely be having Bioshock: Infinite for$9.99 this weekend. I'm pretty sure that's the lowest price it's ever been.

Also, there's a newHumble Weekly Bundle:

• Deathspank
  • Deathspank: Thongs of Virtue
  • On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, Episode One
Pay $6 or more:
  • Deathspank: The Baconing
  • On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, Episode Two

I played the first two Deathspanks and enjoyed them. They're not the most revolutionary games, but Ron Gilbert (of Monkey Island fame) was involved with both of them, so they have a great sense of humor. He left Hothead Games by the time The Baconing came out, so I'm not really sure on the quality of that one, but I haven't heard great things.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Endless Space and expansion are on sale on Steam at 75% off if you like 4x games. Though I heard it's best to avoid the expansion, so might just buy the Emperor edition and not Gold.
How does Endless Space compare to Galactic Civ II (since they are both on sale) or are they not comparable?

bayr_sl

shitlord
They don't really compare all that much. ES has nice music, a pretty cool UI, but it's also very basic in my opinion, either through design or the focus on multiplayer. It never really grabbed me. I still like it though, you can put quite a few hours into it

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Just a heads up, Amazon will likely be having Bioshock: Infinite for$9.99 this weekend. I'm pretty sure that's the lowest price it's ever been.

Also, there's a newHumble Weekly Bundle:

• Deathspank
  • Deathspank: Thongs of Virtue
  • On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, Episode One
Pay $6 or more:
  • Deathspank: The Baconing
  • On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, Episode Two

I played the first two Deathspanks and enjoyed them. They're not the most revolutionary games, but Ron Gilbert (of Monkey Island fame) was involved with both of them, so they have a great sense of humor. He left Hothead Games by the time The Baconing came out, so I'm not really sure on the quality of that one, but I haven't heard great things.
Steam keys are not individual - you get 2 keys, 1 for each pay goal group.

Aphextwin_sl

shitlord
I have not seen this mentioned so forgive me if this is a re-post.

I recently started usingIsThereAnyDeal.comto track games on sale. What I did was create an account (free) then import my Steam wishlist and whenever something on my list drops below a certain price threshold I get email notification. I also created a few filters, No DLC, No Mac, Added 24hrs and so on when manually searching the sites games list. It is really quite slick and a huge time saver when searching for games on sale.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just stumbled upon that site the other day. There are several sites out there that track game price history, but this one looks to be the most comprehensive, tracking sites I hadn't even heard of. And the email notifications is a really nice feature.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
How are the PC controls for Batman: Arkham City and Arkham Asylum? I don't have any sort of controller so I'd be playing with a keyboard/mouse.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Is asstastic a word? If not it should be - I've found it really challenging to play with KBM

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Any of you know if Arkham-games still need that gfwl or whatever -crap?
I think GFWL got stripped out and Steamworks was added because my copy of Arkham city got upgraded to GOTY automatically (I had only bought the original on Steam).

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
How are the PC controls for Batman: Arkham City and Arkham Asylum? I don't have any sort of controller so I'd be playing with a keyboard/mouse.
I played with a keyboard/mouse and had no issues. From what I recall, they did a good job with PC controls.

Any of you know if Arkham-games still need that gfwl or whatever -crap?
GFWL got stripped out this week. The game now uses Steamworks. If you didn't have it on Steam, youshouldbe able to register your key to Steam, which also unlocks all DLC. However, a lot of people (myself included) have not yet been able to get their keys to work. Also, your saves will not transfer over.

rasstapp_sl

shitlord
Alright thanks, sounds good. Haven't played either, but as usual with cheap steam-games I just gotta have 'em, even if I end up don't like them
tongue.png

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm not a batman geek nor even usually a fan of the genre the games fall under but you're doing yourself a disservice not playing them. Both are fantastic.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I prefer the KB/M controls for the Arkham games for everything except the gliding challenges, for those I dug out the controller. Those were gay.

Axiel

Molten Core Raider
Looks like Securom was removed as well from the Batman games. Guess with that and the coincidental 75% off weekend sale I can finally stop holding out on them.