Steam Deals and Digital Sales

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
This is weird but awesome. I bought Batman Arkham City through Direct2Drive back before it was sold off to Gamefly. It wasn't activated on Steam or anything, because it was a GFWL title.

I never purchased the game on Steam. I did purchase Batman Arkham Asylum on Steam way back.

I just went to my steam account and Batman Arkham City is on there. Both games were GOTY editions. So I dunno what happened but it looks like I got a free copy of Arkham City out of the blue, and if you had just one of the games on your steam account, might want to go check and see if you now have both games on your steam account.

That's so awesome I'm tempted to go preorder the next Batman game but its not made by the same team so I'm hesistant.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I bought Arkham City on a sale at some point. I now have Arkham City and Arkham City GOTY available...

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
EDIT: Oh yeah, totally forgot. That guy got hired to make the expansions for the Fallen Enchantress games (not the original that apparently sucked, the better expansions). Maybe I'll give that a try next time it is cheap.
Lo and behold, Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes is 75% off ($9.99). Didn't realize it was still that much normally, figured it would go on sale for $5 or so. Is it worth ten bucks? I've got tons of games still to play, but Civ V doesn't do it for me, so if this is actually fun I might give it a shot. If you guys say wait though, I'll wait.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If you liked the base, it's a very good improvement - base game wasn't for everyone though.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I never owned the base game, heard it was terrible at first. This would be my first experience with the game. As I mentioned earlier though, I loved the Fall From Heaven mod for Civ IV, and Legendary Heroes had the guy that made the FFH mod as one of the guys working on it, so I'm hopeful that it has some of the same feel.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's similar-ish to FFH, not a direct clone by any stretch. I'd give you decent odds at enjoying it though with a FFH interest.

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
I'm not sure where in the thread it was talked about, but I was wondering if anyone here has picked up Planetary Annihilation on Steam? Is it worth getting, or should I wait? Thanks in advance.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
There seems to be an abundance of survival type games these days. (some of them on sale recently)

Sir, You are Being Hunted
War Z
Day Z
How To Survive
Don't Starve
...etc

Aside from DayZ (which is awesome) Are any of these any good?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
How to survive and Sir, You are being hunted, and Don't Starve are all decent. I personally don't like Don't Starve as much, but a lot of people do, the other two are very interesting, but I've only barely touched them for like 5 minutes each. Both struck me immediately as interesting and different. Sir, You are being hunted is probably the most unique, its steampunk and the enemies are robots with blunderbuses.

I should add that Sir is still in alpha early access, but How To Survive launched today. So its a finished product.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>

Axiel

Molten Core Raider
Whatever you do don't get War Z (now called Infestation), it's a solid 0/10 game that belongs with Garry's Incident