Steam Deals and Digital Sales

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Rome Total War 2 is 25% off right now on Steam.

Edit: Also, it appears this will be a game that will become SteamOS compatible early next year.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Half off FarCry 3: Blood Dragon and Call of Juarez: Gunslinger with an extra -$2.49 if you buy both in a bundle is a good deal too. I wasn't a huge fan of Blood Dragon but a lot of people loved it, and CoJ was surprisingly good for what it was.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I wanted that game to be some sort of sleeper hit but it was super average in every way possible
That describes pretty much every LotR game.

Battle for Middle Earth 2 could have been HUGE had they made a decent AI and balanced it correctly. Such an incredible game had they done so.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
If by good you mean, "The functional definition of good being 'not bad'," then yes.
I had never heard of LOTR: War in the North, but I'm thoroughly enjoying it. I'd certainly rate is as a solid "good" game. Then again, I am a big fan of LOTRO, and this is basically single player LOTRO.

Sulrn

Deuces
I had never heard of LOTR: War in the North, but I'm thoroughly enjoying it. I'd certainly rate is as a solid "good" game. Then again, I am a big fan of LOTRO, and this is basically single player LOTRO.
I'm in the same boat.

Playing with a 360 controller and enjoying this roller coaster more than DA2. There's quite a bit of hidden stashes to encourage multi(player)ple playthroughs of chapters (not the entire game). Would have rather payed full price for this than DA2 -- although I'm glad I didn't pay full price for this. :p

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Saying something is better than DA2 isn't exactly a positive. That is simply stating it isn't the worst thing ever made.

xasiklas

Lord Nagafen Raider
Humble Store Debut

Don't Starve, Prison Architect, Rogue Legacy, Euro Truck Simulator 2, Natural Selection II, The Swapper, Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, Orcs Must Die! 2 and Gunpoint are available at 50-75% off for the next 24 hours. Look for new games and deals every day duringThe Humble Store: Great games. Fantastic prices. Support charity.
It has planetary annihilation beta for 40$ for the next 30 minutes, great deal especially for us euros, as it comes down to 30 and i doubt that the final version will be cheaper than that when it will be released

Column_sl

shitlord
BTW they added stuff to the last Humble Bundle WB pack if you allready purchased it.

Bunch of DLC's and mortal kombat etc

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
BTW they added stuff to the last Humble Bundle WB pack if you allready purchased it.

Bunch of DLC's and mortal kombat etc
NICE!

F.E.A.R.
Guardians of Middle-earth: Smaug's Treasure DLC
Gotham City Impostors: Professional Kit
Guardians of Middle-earth
Batman?: Arkham Origins DLC
Mortal Kombat Kollection

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
rrr_img_49430.jpg
GOG.comis having some sort of weird woot off for games
\

WTF? How are these games not freeware by now? Seriously 9.99 for Planescape Torment? 9.99 for NWN? 5.99 for Dungeon Keeper? 9.99 for BG2?

Admittedly these are some great fucking games but even so...

Jait

Molten Core Raider
lol. What old mainstream games are freeware? Even if you owned these games (and I've owned most of them twice now) it takes a lot of time and effort to get them to run properly on modern machines.

These are all fixed to work on modern systems. Steam sells some of them too. But no one gives them away. Same with music and movies. You don't get to run down and turn in your vhs or cassettes for modern copies, so not sure why computer games should be any different. I'm just glad they're a lot cheaper. Upgrading to DVD then bluray for movies and CD's and digital downloads for music has cost a lot more for me personally. Wish I could get my books on kindle for free too. I already own them.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Wasteland has been on Abandonia since forever. Steam/GoG/etc. are basically charging $6 to configure DOSBox for you. There are a handful of other improvements; mainly with the fonts, and it also looks like someone ran a SuperSaI filter over the portraits to upscale them.