Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So what's the deal with Terraria? Tons of friends say it's a super fun game?

I've got $17.60 in Steam cash to spend, and no idea what to spend it on right now, if anything.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
At this point you might as well wait until the black Friday sale and/or Christmas sale. If you really want to pick up Terraria, it will almost certainly be $2.50 during those sales.

To answer your question, yes, it's really fun. However, I find it's one of those games that I'll play non-stop for a week and then lose interest in for months at a time.

Crone

Would the Lord of the Rings starter pack be of any use to someone that already plays the game? Sister in law plays, so was thinking of giving it to her if it'd be of any use?

McCheese

If you're talking about the one in the Humble Bundle, it comes with 500 turbine points. That's not a ton, but more points are always good. Plus if she's like most women who play that game she'll probably enjoy the cosmetic armor set.

Crone

If you're talking about the one in the Humble Bundle, it comes with 500 turbine points. That's not a ton, but more points are always good. Plus if she's like most women who play that game she'll probably enjoy the cosmetic armor set.
Yep, talking about the Humble Bundle. Thanks, I'll ask her if she wants it.
smile.png

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I saw it for $17 or whatever on the Steam weekend sale and was going to ask if it was worth getting for that much. But then I figured I'd just wait for the holiday sale. Looks like I missed the Amazon one though, cause it's $17.99 there too.

Vorph

Yeah, it was a pricing error. I was willing to pay $10 for it too, but at $18 I'll just wait for the Steam winter sale starting in 10 days.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Wow, I got lucky I guess. I must say, this game is fun as hell. Kind of reminds me of Chivalry in that it's easy to get into and instantly fun. Not something I'll play continuously for weeks, but something I could always pick up and have a good time.

Though I'm confounded why, based on the graphics I see, that it's a 25GB install.

Vorph

Though I'm confounded why, based on the graphics I see, that it's a 25GB install.
Sloppy design. Assets are duplicated over and over for each heist, and the game contains pretty much all of the first Payday with no consideration for whether or not the files are actually used.

McCheese

I really don't know what I'll buy. I've been trying to think of some games that I've dying to get on sale but...I can't think of any. I'm all Steamed out.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
I have to stop buying shit on Steam. It's getting ridiculous. And not even that I buy a lot of games, I don't. The problem is that I barely game anymore, and it takes me forever just to finish a single game. It took me probably 2 months to finish Assassin's Creed, and that was what, 12 hours or some shit? What an awful game, by the way. Story was swell enough, but the gameplay was complete shit. Mission/task wise, do the same three things over and over again. Combat wise, the only fucking thing you EVER do is stand there and wait to counter attacks. That's fucking it. How did this terrible fucking game sell so well, and spawn half a dozen sequels? Jesus.

Back on topic, I just started Final Fantasy 7 yesterday. I never actually played it back in the day as the SNES was my last console up until I bought a PS4. I watched a friend play the first few hours back in the day, but that's about it. I'm 3-4 hours in, and so far enjoying the hell out of it. FF6 has to be one of my favorite games of all time, so it's fun going on the nostalgia kick.

After FF7, I think I have roughly 30-40 storyline oriented games on my unfinished list (RPGs, FPSs, etc), not to mention a shit ton of strategy games. I hope Steam is still around in 20 years, when I'll actually get around to playing most of these games.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've got a ton of shit from the summer sale I never even played. But I think that's just about everyone from Steam sales.

Laerazi_sl

shitlord
Back on topic, I just started Final Fantasy 7 yesterday. I never actually played it back in the day as the SNES was my last console up until I bought a PS4. I watched a friend play the first few hours back in the day, but that's about it. I'm 3-4 hours in, and so far enjoying the hell out of it. FF6 has to be one of my favorite games of all time, so it's fun going on the nostalgia kick.

After FF7, I think I have roughly 30-40 storyline oriented games on my unfinished list (RPGs, FPSs, etc), not to mention a shit ton of strategy games. I hope Steam is still around in 20 years, when I'll actually get around to playing most of these games.
I have the same ratio of games-bought-on-Steam to time-spent-playing games.. it's a bad habit. And, with FF7, get ready for 60+ hours of gaming! (10 months)

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've got a ton of shit from the summer sale I never even played. But I think that's just about everyone from Steam sales.
It's not just the Steam sales anymore. The humble bundles (regular and weekly) in the past year have added at least 40 games to my Steam library. In fact it's because of those that I haven't really bought anything directly from Steam in awhile.