Steam Deals and Digital Sales

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Assassin's Creed, and that was what, 12 hours or some shit? What an awful game, by the way. Story was swell enough, but the gameplay was complete shit. Mission/task wise, do the same three things over and over again. Combat wise, the only fucking thing you EVER do is stand there and wait to counter attacks. That's fucking it. How did this terrible fucking game sell so well, and spawn half a dozen sequels? Jesus.
If you figure it out let me know. I wanted to like the first one so bad but it just resulted in me spending 3 hours running around climbing things/exploring/playing the cool part of the game and it took a whopping 30 minutes for me to figure out that combat was dogshit and not fun in any sense of the word and that was it.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I have yet to make it past the tutorial missions in AC and I've tried 1-3. Those are the most bland, lifeless, boring games I've played and I played ME2.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Everything about the game was improved a lot in AC2, though the combat system never gets above "shallow but fun". Unfortunately it's been all downhill from that point and unless you really like the story there's not much point in playing the annual franchise milking installment.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Never played the original but so far I am enjoying AC4 on the PS4. Are they very much different?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Original is tedium defined and then redefined again.

2 and Brotherhood are great, 4 is really good. 3 was awful.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Any suggestions for a coop game that isn't FPS or sports? I'll keep an eye out on Steam Winter Sale for any suggestions.

Recently got into Diablo 3 on console, and having a blast playing local or online coop and not having it be a FPS. (Borderlands 2, BF4, CoD)

Also, to stay relevant... Walmart will have Starcraft 2 and Heart of the Swarm for $15 each on Black Thursday sale.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Any suggestions for a coop game that isn't FPS or sports? I'll keep an eye out on Steam Winter Sale for any suggestions.

Recently got into Diablo 3 on console, and having a blast playing local or online coop and not having it be a FPS. (Borderlands 2, BF4, CoD)

Also, to stay relevant... Walmart will have Starcraft 2 and Heart of the Swarm for $15 each on Black Thursday sale.
Orcs Must Die 2 is awesome co-op. Like awesome, with awesome sauce poured on top of it. If you like that kind of game, of course.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
A game mocking facebook with an homage to sci-fi calledRedshirtreleased recently, and it isvery tedious. If anyone finds out how to enjoy it holler at me. It doesn't seem so much like a game mocking facebook as one copying it and calling it a game.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Strongholds 3 GOLD, 75% off ($7.49) today and tomorrow.

Any good? I seem to recall playing the first one in the early 90s maybe?

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
From what I recall, it's an okay game, but it's release was terrible--like beyond just buggy/bad, it was just a shit pile that was barely functional. Kind of like SoTS2 (SOTS2 though had been polished up pretty nice since then though.)

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
If I buy games over Amazon, can I access them through Steam or do I need to sign into Amazon every time I want to play?

This might sound nitpicky, but I'd prefer not to have multiple services with separate lists of games to juggle between.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
It depends on the game. Some games can be registered to Steam, some to Origin, and some to uPlay. What service the game uses is usuallylisted at the top, under the publisher. However, the ones that require none of these can just be downloaded to your system and launched like normal. There's no need to sign into Amazon once you have activated the product (for any game).