Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Anyone have any opinion on Cities Skylines or Earth 2170?

Also can anyone recommend a good RTS (does not have to be on sale atm, I can keep watch) I have not played an RTS since StarCraft 2 first came out.

Wuwei_sl

shitlord
Any thoughts on Stranded Deep? I've been lost on the dozens of open world survival/build/whatevers ever since dayz got popular. This was one of few seemed somewhat unique but not sure how actually fun the thing is.
I'm personally waiting for more content to be added (or lower price) to justify a purchase. The graphics are really nice, but when I tried the game after release+1st patch I was not really enjoying it. Hopefully that will change with time and I'm waiting for more updates/features as I like the genre.

PS. Even though not by the same developer, Stranded Deep seems to me to use the concept of Stranded and Stranded II from 2003 and 2007 with a higher focus on water exploration. Free to play, but outdated graphics and game mechanics for 2015:Unreal Software - game dev and stuff

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Also can anyone recommend a good RTS (does not have to be on sale atm, I can keep watch) I have not played an RTS since StarCraft 2 first came out.
Skylines is a MUST buy if you like SimCity.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Skylines is a MUST buy if you like SimCity.
+1

Skip anno, fun game first few hours but to progress the era tedium is eq2 launch month level of crafting with all the sub combines.

Good RTS is vague, can't go wrong with total war games or King Arthur, or for more command and conquer like grey goo is decent, but I would play dawn of war: retribution before GG. If you like to micro, company of heroes 2 is on sale.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider

Skylines is the actual successor to Simcity 2000.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I don't own Deus Ex: HR or Just Cause 1 or 2, and a few other random things. This Eidos Anthology for $30 actually seems like a killer deal.

spronk

FPS noob
last day of steam sales, my haul ended up being

grim fandango
chivalry medieval warfare
age of empires ii HD
sakura spirit
broken sword 4 (1-3,5 were in a humble bundle)
spelunky
journey of a roach
back to the future telltale game
gothic 1-3
one finger death punch

i didn't really buy anything over $8, figure stuff like Pillars of Eternity, Elite, Dark Souls 2, Project Cars, etc will go on deeper sales in the fall before I ever get around to playing them

Nendyen_sl

shitlord
Not a bad sale.

1. Shadow of Mordor
2. Saint's Row: Gat Out of Hell
3. This War of Mine
4. Alien Isolation
5. Legend of Grimrock 2
6. System Shock 2
7. Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
8. Sunless Sea
9. The Inner World
10. Quest for Infamy
11. Goat Z
12. Pixel Heroes
13. Outlast DLC
14. Primordia

and the Eastside Hockey Manager Early Access a few days before the sale.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Grabbed
Ori and the blind forest
metal gear solid ground zero
child of light
and broke down and grabbed sins of the first scholar upgrade even though the deal was not that good.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Max Payne 3 Collection
One Finger Death Punch
South ParkT: The Stick of TruthT - Super Samurai Spaceman Pack
South ParkT: The Stick of TruthT - Ultimate Fellowship Pack
South Park: The Stick of Truth
How to Survive - Storm Warning Edition
King's Bounty: Warriors of the North - The Complete Edition
6tOCDt8.gif

Was tempted by Ori but I failed you, Soygen. Seppuku.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I picked up Ori and started playing it today and put in 5 hours so far. My hand is starting to cramp, lol. Also my wife would be annoyed if I finished it without her :p So good though.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Picked up alien isolation and mount your friends.

Have 1.41 in stram cash from the monster game so looking to pick up something else.

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I ended up biting the bullet for a few Payday 2 dlcs i was missing (im a total sucker for this game) and Elite Dangerous, and man i have to say its totally worth it, havent had so much fun since EQ (15 years) and for a space game, since the original Elite (30 years)!

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Cities Skylines
Alien Isolation
Strider
Castlevania Lords of Shadow Ultimate
Banner Saga
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter

Good sale for me,spent a little over 50

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Chivalry
Darkest Dungeon
Dungeon of the endless
Infectonator: Survivors
Killing Floor 2
Octodad
Shadow Warrior
The stanley Parable
Strider
This war is mine
Wolfenstien old blood

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
Resisted it all since i have such a back log, but broke down on Elite in the name of supporting them or something. Hope my computer can even run it. (Upgrade was scheduled not until winter.) Dont even have a stick or anything.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I want to purchase Wolfenstein: New Order and Cities Skyline, but I know I'll never get to them before they go on sale for even cheaper.... ugh. Showing restraint on a Steam sale is hard.