Steam Deals and Digital Sales

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Tempted to get this. I dunno, I remember some pretty bad games back then.

GOG.com
A lot of them are pretty decent. I loved the Dark Sun games, the Ravenloft game, the Eye of the beholders (especially 2).

They are extremely dated games, but still playable if you loved 2nd edition d&d.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
It's hard for me to pull the trigger since i still have them on my HDD with dosbox ready to go.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
We clearly have different tastes in games, mine just happens to be better, sorry bro.
Obviously
smile.png

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I looked at the screenshots for the D&D collection. One of the player characters in the screenshots was titled "Not Drizzt". Lol. Someone was deep into role playing.

3ae207f114ad773629563f4db877f3199af3206472d6ceee8804aa182a37e3fc.jpg

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
That's a screencap from Eye of the Beholder 2.

That is one of the best games, I swear. Its so good. You basically clear this huge tower dungeon filled first with evil priests and undead, and eventually you're wrecking beholders and giants and shit in the upper levels.

So much fun. That was probably my favorite D&D games as a kid.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
I looked at the screenshots for the D&D collection. One of the player characters in the screenshots was titled "Not Drizzt". Lol. Someone was deep into role playing.

3ae207f114ad773629563f4db877f3199af3206472d6ceee8804aa182a37e3fc.jpg
My last run of Wizardry 8 I had everybody named after Pro Football Player Dick Butkus. Richard Buttkiss, Dick Buttcuss, etc etc.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'd love to get those games, I used to own some of the gold box ones on a C64 no less. The problem is I have such a backlog on Steam that I know I'll probably never have the time to devote to them.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I'm officially old. Bough Bard's Tale 1,2, and 3 also. I remember having Bard's Tale 1 but the rest I just passed on I guess.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Hadn't checked in a long time but fucking steam won't let me sell cards without waiting 15days anymore, unless I install their app on a phone and all that shit. How the fuck am I supposed to know what the cards will be worth in 15days. Guess I should get a smart phone at some point, there's more and more of these fucking phone only features nowadays.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Hadn't checked in a long time but fucking steam won't let me sell cards without waiting 15days anymore, unless I install their app on a phone and all that shit. How the fuck am I supposed to know what the cards will be worth in 15days. Guess I should get a smart phone at some point, there's more and more of these fucking phone only features nowadays.
Try Nox or Droid4X? I agree it's fucking dumb though. Even with the app installed you still have to do multiple clicks for each item you're selling. On top of that our retarded IRS makes them collect income tax info as soon as you go over 200 transactions even if they're for pennies. Not sure if EU has to deal with that bullshit too.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
God only knows where they're boxed up atm, but I still have the original disks for Strahd's Possession, Stone Prophet, and Menzoberranzan. Come at me bros.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
God only knows where they're boxed up atm, but I still have the original disks for Strahd's Possession, Stone Prophet, and Menzoberranzan. Come at me bros.
I have so much old D&D crap, both pc games, their boxes, and the actual books and such. I can't even remember what all I have. Its all rotting in boxes at this point. I don't even care anymore.

spronk

FPS noob
get Steam Desktop Authenticator or WinAuth (both PC apps) and you can "attach" them to your steam account, still need a phone to validate one time but after that you can just run the apps and they have features to mass approve new trading card listings and can generate the codes that let you login to your steam account with 2 factor authentication.
GitHub - Jessecar96/SteamDesktopAuthenticator: Desktop implementation of Steams mobile authenticator app
https://winauth.com/

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
get Steam Desktop Authenticator or WinAuth (both PC apps) and you can "attach" them to your steam account, still need a phone to validate one time but after that you can just run the apps and they have features to mass approve new trading card listings and can generate the codes that let you login to your steam account with 2 factor authentication.
GitHub - Jessecar96/SteamDesktopAuthenticator: Desktop implementation of Steams mobile authenticator app
https://winauth.com/
Oh I have Winauth, didn't see there was an option to do confirmations in it though, thought it was just for the auth code. Apparently it's in the lastest version I hadn't updated, thanks.

Oh also, can someone explain the value of cards to me? Like I had a bunch of cards worth nothing, old games and shit, makes sense. Newer games like Total War and Stranger of the Sword City, worth decent money(hell I got a foil that's worth 5euros, which is a pretty nice discount on the price of the game), also makes sense. But then I had some Hyperdimension Neptunia cards, normal ones, and they're worth 3-4times more than the old games ones? Game's like several years old and goes on sale all the time, so why would the cards for that be more valuable than other games?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Meh, after how good the GOG sale was/is (still 4 days left), there's not going to be anything left on my wishlist to get at Steam. Plus I feel better about supporting CDPR instead of Valve anyway.