Steam Deals and Digital Sales

spronk

FPS noob

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Anyone know anything about Stardrive? Same publisher as Endless Space? Seems like it has more emphasis on the ships and combat than Endless Space did. I've had a blast with Endless Space and still occasionally play it, but it strikes me as being a bit shallow and hollow in some aspects.

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's a midling-decent 3rd person shooter. Controls are a little wonky (they had to resort to conditional movements and button combos so as to do ninja and melee moves and be controler compatible). As a "console" compatible shooter, hit boxes are ridiculously large and easy.

Randomly generated missions from tileset packs are decent, but get repetitive after a while. Game play, leveling, etc is extremely flat.

I level capped my starting warframe (character basically) about halfway through the first planet's missions (out of ?12? planets). It's really designed for you to cap weapons and warframes, then pick up a new one and starting again. Warframes will cost you about 2 weeks of grinding and crafting time (crafting has cooldown timers. Want that warframe? come back in 3 days!), or up to $30 in real cash. 90% of the weapons can be bought with ingame currency and/or crafted.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
On Steam, obviously.

Rockstar Hits Collection
Includes 4 items: Grand Theft Auto IV, Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City, L.A. Noire, Max Payne 3
$29.99

Grand Theft Auto Complete Pack
Includes 7 items: Grand Theft Auto, Grand Theft Auto 2, Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto IV, Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
$12.49

Other single GTA games super fuckin cheap, like 5 bucks for GTA4.

Lasts until noon on Monday I believe.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Anyone know anything about Stardrive?
It's not bad at all. It's very much like a fan made MOO2. It has little in the way of voice acting, story, and highly detailed art, but makes up for it by capturing the essence of MOO2 but as an RTS. Everything is familiar except combat which is pretty nice and has a lot more depth than at first glance.

It's a solid middle of the road game. Can't highly recommend it, but I've had some fun with it.

bayr_sl

shitlord
Like every indie 4x game to come out it's loaded with promise but does enough wrong to make you not want to play it until it's improved, which may or may not ever happen. In the case of Stardrive the UI borders on a crime against humanity it's so bad and performance drops significantly in late game to the point where it's not really playable. The tech tree is also very limited and boring

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Too bad. Endless Space was 95% of the way to being a great game, but like I said there's just some aspects of it that are holding it back.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Picked up the HoM&M VI pack this weekend on steam and have had nothing but shitty problems with it. Game installs, but when it's launched it sits on the launcher forever.

Ubisoft, why must you eat a bag of dicks on a once amazing franchise?

Rime

<Donor>
HoMM VI also ran into the problem of having a major sale on the same day as the new expansion came out, which flooded their already horrible DRM servers.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I've never played System Shock 2 or even know much about it other than being highly recommended. Is it worth snagging on Steam? I've heard it is very akin to the original Deus Ex which I consider one of the best games of all time.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
If you liked Deus Ex and you like a challenge, then you'll like System Shock 2. I played through it recently and even with dated graphics I had a blast.