Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I'm thinking about it too. Is it worth $30?
Keanu Reeves Nick GIF

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I'm thinking about it too. Is it worth $30?
I played it for about three hours, it didn’t hook me. I’ll probably go back to it some day, idk. Three hours probably isn’t a fair shake for a game that big. It was pretty.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think only question for me is get it now or wait for christmas sale. I definitely have the PC to run it as it should be, it's just a question of devoting time to it (currently devoting time to Forza/Nioh).

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I guess that depends on the experience you have. Most people I've talked to on PC say that it's been great. Most people on console say it's complete aids.
Ps4pro here. Absolutely full of hilarious bugs and what not, but nothing game breaking. Definitely worth $30 at launch. I'm guessing much better now?

This one cracked me up

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I've put about 30 hours into it and just hit the 3rd act. If someone just handed it to me to play without any knowledge I'd give it a solid 7/10 as a single player RPG. Did not spoil anything and have been running a mantis blade build. The bugs I've noticed are mostly random visual shit like pop in or npcs randomly disappearing. It's been flawless otherwise and easily maintaining high frame rate @ 4k with all the bells and whistles enabled.

It will be the first cdpr game I finish as no part of it is bad enough that it makes me want to stop playing. IE Witcher combat is so janky and awful that I can't spend 50+ hours doing it. I'd also consider running through it a second time as it seems like there is enough variety in dialogue and random crap to explore. Most side quests seem to be kill room of people/repeat which is disappointing, but some are pretty good.

It's obviously a failure in that it did not deliver on the promises by any means, but it was definitely worth waiting and dropping $30 for it. I'd dare say it's worth full price on PC at this point as well.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I tried age of darkness, it was kind of janky. Not sure how early it is in development though. I like Last Spell a lot better, kind of the same premise and atmosphere but more tower defense & turn based vs. explore & rts.
Age of Darkness didn't catch me either. It just felt, boring I guess? In They are Billions at least I thought the building of the town/units was somewhat interesting even if I died pretty quick. I wanted to replay to get to other units. With Age of Darkness I just wasn't inspired at all and didn't give a shit.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Age of Darkness didn't catch me either. It just felt, boring I guess? In They are Billions at least I thought the building of the town/units was somewhat interesting even if I died pretty quick. I wanted to replay to get to other units. With Age of Darkness I just wasn't inspired at all and didn't give a shit.
I tried The Riftbreaker and it’s much, much better than Age of Darkness. It’s similar in that it’s an exploration driven tower defense game. You have direct control over a main character though, instead of hero characters. It feels a lot more engaging to me, probably due to that. You don’t just click a spot and watch the hero go there. Been playing it for a few days straight now, it’s very polished and addictive. Graphics are gorgeous too.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I've put about 30 hours into it and just hit the 3rd act. If someone just handed it to me to play without any knowledge I'd give it a solid 7/10 as a single player RPG. Did not spoil anything and have been running a mantis blade build. The bugs I've noticed are mostly random visual shit like pop in or npcs randomly disappearing. It's been flawless otherwise and easily maintaining high frame rate @ 4k with all the bells and whistles enabled.

It will be the first cdpr game I finish as no part of it is bad enough that it makes me want to stop playing. IE Witcher combat is so janky and awful that I can't spend 50+ hours doing it. I'd also consider running through it a second time as it seems like there is enough variety in dialogue and random crap to explore. Most side quests seem to be kill room of people/repeat which is disappointing, but some are pretty good.

It's obviously a failure in that it did not deliver on the promises by any means, but it was definitely worth waiting and dropping $30 for it. I'd dare say it's worth full price on PC at this point as well.

Playing through it on PC right now, absolutely worth it, if you play these things for the story. I've only run into one real bug so far (do the 'find your old car' side quest ASAP, every other quest after that makes your old car invisible and breaks the quest lol). My one complaint is that the map is chock full of side quests, but I wish they would highlight the major ones so you aren't overwhelmed. 60FPS at 4k with everything on. I heard consoles still suck though :*(

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Yeah if there was a better highlighted "signature" quests or something that would be great. I think I ended up with one bug that required an earlier save to fix. Can't decide if I want to play again while it's still new to me or hope they pump out some stellar DLC later ;[

I also revise my score to 8/10 after getting some of that sweet nomad Panam ass.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Prime Gaming for December:
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Remastered (Origin)
Soccer Manager 2021 (Timmy Tencent Store)
Frostpunk (GOG)
Journey to the Savage Planet (GOG)
Monkey Island 1-5 (Amazon)
etc.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
this is probably the best place to ask why is my ingame fps counter suddenly gone? I tried turning it on and off from the in-game tab in the settings. Big Picture overlay is turned off. Games have been set to to use in-game overlay. Even tried running steam and steamoverlayui as admin. This is stupid

Terial

Trakanon Raider
Deathloop is on sale via HumbleBundle for $19
will activate via steam

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
What’d that launch for too already be $19. I knew it finally came out but then great nothing about it at all. There were only a handful of posts on this forum thread and nothing popped up in YouTube as recommendations. For as much as Dishonored was praised I figured that would carry Deathloop for a bit.