Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
This sounds awesome but.. why are they doing this? Do they believe that offering up sharing amongst family members will lead to more actual sales?

Jait

Molten Core Raider
This sounds awesome but.. why are they doing this? Do they believe that offering up sharing amongst family members will lead to more actual sales?
Hopefully, it's just a way to create multiple profiles ala Netflix. You can still only have one user/game logged into Steam at a time. So extra purchases shouldn't be necessary.

Maybe I read it incorrectly.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Up to 10 authorized devices can use your library remotely too, none simultaneously is all (including you as the local user).

I haven't touched my Steam library in a week or two, this whole time friends could have been playing.

Seems interesting for a 1.0. As it develops I hope exceptions are made for F2P and games ineligible to be shared. If I fire up a MMO or F2P game that shouldn't lock up my library for sharing, sounds like it will right now. If I started actually using this it's a way to get me to stop using Steam for F2P and other MMO clients which is probably not what they want.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Are those Wizardry games any good?
I've only played Wizardry 8 of the three. Wizardry 8 is definitely an old school RPG experience. Very challenging, and super easy to get lost in, but it has a lot of depth. I don't know if the steam version has been modified from the original, but a huge, huge problem with the original game was combat speed. Each enemy during combat fully animates everything they do, at a glacial pace. A combat against 10-15 enemies (fights are large scale in this game) can take as much as 20+ minutes. Steam may have updated the game engine for their release, but I have no idea, and would doubt it.

Still, if you are a fan of the older RPG's like Might and Magic games and the like, it's worth a playthrough. Fairy ninja with cane of corpus GO!

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Picked up Wizardry 8, but can't get thru character creation. All goes good till I have to enter a name and it won't let me enter anything. Can highlight the field, just can't enter anything meaning you can't proceed.

Edit - issue resolved by use CTRL/ALT to type.

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, I have pretty much all of them apart from FTL and Fez and have held off on Fez because fuck Phil Fish.....now I can drop $5 to charity, get Fez and still not give him a cent so it's win/win
I had to look him up to see what that douche has been up to lately. Apparently he had a meltdown and isn't making games anymore. I'm happy with this.

lindz

#DDs
Anyone played Game Dev Tycoon? I love good sim games and had a ton of fun with Game Dev Story on mobile so was hoping this is something similar.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Anyone played Game Dev Tycoon? I love good sim games and had a ton of fun with Game Dev Story on mobile so was hoping this is something similar.
I played around with the demo and didn't like it. It seems too random; from what I could tell, you didn't really have any control over how good your game would turn out. You set the variables and let it go, but it has nothing to do with how well you manage your studio, time, or anything like that. Basically, from what I saw in the demo, being successful in the game was a combination of figuring out the optimal variables on sliders for each game and random luck.

That might change later in the game, but it didn't leave a very good impression on me in the few hours I messed around with it.