Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ah, why pay at all in that case then? The difference between pirating the game and buying it from some shady keyseller is that one costs you nothing and the other gives money to assholes. CDPR gets screwed pretty much the same either way.

It's always funny when people do that with Ubisoft games though. Ubi regularly waits until a few days before their game's release to ban all the eastern euro keys outside of that territory, and then there's a whole bunch of people crying because the key the have is worthless and the companies they dealt with don't give refunds.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's not a key seller. Russian Steam people buy the game as a gift off of Steam, in Russian bucks, and then sell it usually damn near their cost (or at cost if they're your friends). Different from key selling in that CDPR still gets their Steam cut, just less because of exchange rates. It's basically like buying the game on sale before it's on sale, they get the same cut they would if it was for sale for $35 on US Steam.

Still WAY better than pirating or key selling, at least CDPR get money this way, and if people are going through the trouble of making Russian friends or using tf2outpost or whatever, they probably weren't going to pay $60 in the first place. 70% of $35 is a lot more than 70% of $0

Edit: Yea Ubisoft definitely troll people a lot with the keys. That's another reason the cross-country-Steam-gifting method is popular. It's not really retroactively changeable (once you add the gift to your account, it doesn't matter what region the gift came from, you have the version for your region in your account), but it's easy to prevent in the first place by have flags set for the different regions. Considering CDPR know about this whole Russian trading system fairly thoroughly, they either decided it's more profitable to allow it, or they just don't care yet.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Considering CDPR is Polish, they know very well that goes on, but I assume they prefer any sales they can get, because they release without an DRM, which means anybody from Russia who wants it can just pirate it otherwise.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Good sales on steam atm. Picked up metro last light. Loved the first one and hopefully my pc wont explode trying to run the sequel.

Pharazon

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yeah thanks, picked it up too. Have not played Civ5 since like a month or two after it released. Time to see how much more playable the expansions have made it, if only as a distraction until Civ Beyond Earth releases.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Calling Resident Jew Spronk!

Gamestop doing 50% extra trade in value on all trade in's from 08/25-08/31? Doesn't matter what you are trading in for? Might be time to find my old xbox 360 and games, and work it towards a Ps4!!

Edit: NeoGaf post I found the info in, but have to physical coupon, but apparently Gamestop is handing them out like candy. Even so far as turning people away looking to trade in games and telling them to come back the next week?

GameStop: 50% extra on all trade ins from 8/25-8/31 - NeoGAF

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I already had Civ 5 and the expansions, but I was able to pick up all the new DLC Leaders for about $5.00. Some of them look really fun.

spronk

FPS noob
couple amazon pc sales, i'd wait on batman personally since Origins GOTY is due out soon (this bundle is origins + season pass) and batman goes on humble bundle sales all the time
Amazon.com: Batman Mega Bundle [Online Game Code]: Video Games

Amazon.com: Titanfall [Online Game Code]: Video Games

couple other sales too but nothing that great

also August Heat bundle (lsl reloaded) is on happy hour, if you bought it early on you get a 4x multiplier on gifts. so paying $11.59 will give you 8x gift copies, as long as you click on buy as gift
The Indie Gala