Steam deck portable handheld gaming PC from Valve

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider

spoiler alert: its gonna be more powerful, cost more, but nobody has a clue when it'll release

my steam dick 1.0 is probably gonna be available to me soon, still on the fence

This is just random writer speculating. Could write an article about the PS6 and have the same conclusion.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Got my reservation notification today. Definitely gonna purchase. Have an international flight next Tuesday. Hope I get it before then.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Got my reservation notification today. Definitely gonna purchase. Have an international flight next Tuesday. Hope I get it before then.

They ship from Illinois and they dont ship out immediately. Purchase ASAP if you want to make sure you get it in time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
My reservation date was 7/16/21 3:33pm PST

I just got the purchase email this morning.

what the fuck mine is 7/16/21 11:15am PDT and i still haven't gotten my email lol

did you get the 64gb or 512gb? Mine is for the 512gb, the steam estimator thingie said i should be getting my email today

resell value seems to have dropped anyways, its ~$1k for 512gb on ebay which after fees, taxes, etc is barely a profit. makes it easier just to keep one

edit: this calculator seems better, it says i'm "8 mins away" so should be this week. crazy that so far they have only processed 0d01h07m of preorders.

Last edited:

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Estimated delivery date is 6/28. I'm gonna be sweating that day as I depart for a lengthy Europe vacation that evening. Would suck for it to arrive that night or the next day and it just sits at my door for two weeks.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Estimated delivery date is 6/28. I'm gonna be sweating that day as I depart for a lengthy Europe vacation that evening. Would suck for it to arrive that night or the next day and it just sits at my door for two weeks.

If you do get it before the trip make sure to set it to offline mode while you have a connection to the internet. You need to be signed into steam to set it to offline mode. And tests the games you want to play, not all games work in offline mode.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
So I some how completely screwed the pooch and did not order until 08/02/21. I wonder if I have any chance of getting mine by the end of July.

spronk

FPS noob
So I some how completely screwed the pooch and did not order until 08/02/21. I wonder if I have any chance of getting mine by the end of July.

you can get a pretty accurate estimate here

im at 95% for mine, should get the email next week. It went up from 89% on tuesday to 95% today so for the 512gb version at least, it looks like it bumps up 5-6% every ship day - every mon and thursday I believe they ship out a few hundred.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
you can get a pretty accurate estimate here

im at 95% for mine, should get the email next week. It went up from 89% on tuesday to 95% today so for the 512gb version at least, it looks like it bumps up 5-6% every ship day - every mon and thursday I believe they ship out a few hundred.
Wut?
1656028454743.png

• 1Mother of God

spronk

FPS noob
yeah you're fucked, my order was 1h30m after release (shit was fucked up for the first hour) and i am only coming up on my order email like after 4 months

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
yeah you're fucked, my order was 1h30m after release (shit was fucked up for the first hour) and i am only coming up on my order email like after 4 months
Well I am guessing I will get it around Trump's second term.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Well I am guessing I will get it around Trump's second term.

I got a 512gb back in April. My preorder went in about 13 minutes after release. It should speed up a lot after they get done with the first day orders, but you got a long wait.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I didn't even realize I wanted one of these things until like a week ago lol.

By the time I come up they'll be on Steam Deck 2?

• 1Truth!

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I am trying to keep my expectations in check, however, this appears to be really good news!

spronk

FPS noob
I got my email today morning for my 512gb, not sure when it'll exactly get here (no ship email yet, I think it usually is 2-3 days from placing the order) but sounds like they are really starting to ramp up

because i paid for it (with 100% wallet funds) during the steam summer sale i also got 69 summer trading cards lol. they each sell for 5c so thats like $3.40 cash baby

Last edited:

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I put in pre-orders for all 3, and they let them go through, but it looks like the 64gb is the only one that went through, and I'm 72% through the queue according to that website. Probably would have preferred one of the other ones with a little more horsepower, but will still get it.